New Firmware released V01.02.0304

Yes Dome, thats why I am worried.

I can't check right now, but may be someone will look in the DJI assistant... may be new firmware again??

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Has anyone had a chance to check if the new firmware has done anything to reduce the noise levels in still photos at even modest ISO levels? It's been too windy here to do any proper tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone had a chance to check if the new firmware has done anything to reduce the noise levels in still photos at even modest ISO levels? It's been too windy here to do any proper tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The noise is unfortunately inherent in the sensor. Shooting raw iso 100 with noise reduction luminance about 20 and color 40 (camera raw or Lightroom) yields acceptable results.

Reactions: Alec200
The noise is unfortunately inherent in the sensor. Shooting raw iso 100 with noise reduction luminance about 20 and color 40 (camera raw or Lightroom) yields acceptable results.
Hmmm. I have not done extensive low light testing at say 1600ISO and above. But what I have shot at dusk I thought was pretty darn good as far as noise level. Especially for a still pretty small sensor in the P4P.

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
Hmmm. I have not done extensive low light testing at say 1600ISO and above. But what I have shot at dusk I thought was pretty darn good as far as noise level. Especially for a still pretty small sensor in the P4P.
I compare to dslr which might be unfair. The results are not bad as long as you do the necessary noise reduction depending on destination.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I compare to dslr which might be unfair. The results are not bad as long as you do the necessary noise reduction depending on destination.
Yeah I know what you mean Tomas comparing to my Canon 5D Mk4 it's not close. But it's a lot better than what the P4 had and it's pretty darn good for what it is.

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
Yeah I know what you mean Tomas comparing to my Canon 5D Mk4 it's not close. But it's a lot better than what the P4 had and it's pretty darn good for what it is.
Comparing to p4 it is literally night and day. I have printed 0 p4 images unfortunately.

Have we confirmed that there's a new firmware version since the one a few days ago? I was planning to take her out this weekend, but if another version is out so soon after the last update that would suggest a problem that had to be addressed immediately.

Brian

Just to confirm, after doing the firmware update via Assistant 2 I powered down then replaced the battery with another battery and powered up again -- after a few seconds Assistant 2 indicated the mismatch and I updated the battery firmware. Did the same with all 6 batteries. So, I'm not sure why the Go4 app isn't indicating a firmware mismatch for the batteries but all 6 of my batteries needed updating and were done so via Assistant 2. Now, does the RC need updating and is the Go4 app not indicating that as well. Is there a way to update the RC via Assistant 2?

Brian

To get the app to find the firmware just leave the app open on the home screen. Don't click 'enter device' leave or for a minute or so and it pops up. I assume the firmware in the battery that was in the quad at the time of the main update has been done with that update.

All my batteries were updated.

HELP!!

Just tried to update my P4P+ with this firmware and got an app crash with DJI go 4 during update during install. tried 3x again after and now i am getting an error and cant do anything with my bird.

The drone/battery just keep shutting off every 2 min automatically and than restarts during the update. HOW DO I FIX THIS???? It says "Reason 0x02-01-03"

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• 20170114_172805.jpg
    20170114_172805.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 279
This update killed my battery

I see they fixed the incorrect file times on large cards..My 64 gb time and date are right on.
Wow! Glad to hear this bkusher! I use 64's on mine too. Mine has been off since day one. Didn't want to mess with the workarounds. LOL

I see they fixed the incorrect file times on large cards..My 64 gb time and date are right on.
The problem wasn't related to card size per se, but rather cards formatted with the exFAT file system (which allows larger file sizes than 4 GB but can only be used on cards > 32 GB.) But since the P4P still seems to have a maximum file size of 4 GB regardless of the filesystem being used then you could always simply format a larger card with FAT32, which didn't exhibit the timestamp problem.

All that said, is your card formatted with exFAT? It may or may not be but if it is then maybe they fixed that particular bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119