P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

What you describe is the gimbal issue that many people are complaining about with the latest firmware. The Gimbal goes through calibration in-flight. So video recording stops and when connection/feed is restored, you are seeing the landing gear of your P4. It eventually corrects to straight forward once the gimbal recalibration is finished. But your video shot is ruined...
Yes that's it is there a fix ?

I'm not aware of an official fix. But I tried flashing my P4 to old firmware version and that didn't work. So I reflashed firmware to latest and mine has been flying better so far. But only a couple flights on this new install. Good luck.

I'm not aware of an official fix. But I tried flashing my P4 to old firmware version and that didn't work. So I reflashed firmware to latest and mine has been flying better so far. But only a couple flights on this new install. Good luck.
OK do you know how j can refresh my firmware on my p4 controller maybe might be able fix my charging problem .seems like these firmwares and just making the drone worse . I have gimble problem also charging problem due to firmware updates I after admit my p3 pro never give me problems like this like the problems I face with the p4

I left my controller at latest firmware, so not sure of process to update it, sorry.
I have not had any issues with my P4 prior to this latest update. Hoping DJI gets there act together soon...

Since I saw this thread I haven't dared to update. Haven't a new, better Firmware been released yet? Is there any upsides to upgrading, that update warning is annoying.

Since I saw this thread I haven't dared to update. Haven't a new, better Firmware been released yet? Is there any upsides to upgrading, that update warning is annoying.
I bought my P4 in Dec 2016. Previously I had several P2V's. I flew the P4 using Go4 and it was a dream. Slowly, after more updates to the App, I started getting warnings about airspace etc. Honestly, some of the "fun" was going away. After the big firmware as of late, I couldn't even fly in places I had flown before. Frustrating. Did some research and discovered I could roll back the firmware. Also, discovered the App could be rolled back. (not so easy) So, firmware is 1.02.0602 and flying great. App is 4.0.8 and no warnings other than a small notice at startup that the aircraft should be updated. It's so small I didn't even notice it for weeks.

I've have made some of my best videos since the downgrading. Mainly because it's fun to go out and fly without all the angst of warnings etc. I say that because I'm very conservative with flying and take plenty of precautions before launching. However, sometimes you make a choice balancing risk with getting the shot. I believe that is my decision, not the firmware.

An example, I flew around a historical building back with my P2V. I wanted to do it again with the new P4 but it wouldn't take off because it is too close to a regional airport. Since this building has been around long enough to be labeled as historical and has never been hit by an airplane, logic tells me I can fly around it in complete safety regardless of what the general rule says. The problem with making general rules and putting it in the firmware is it cannot differentiate specific situations or apply any common sense.

Geo

Reactions: azelico

DJI is STILL trying to release a new / fixed version of firmware and they now have Beta 600 of that firmware available upon request, in the DJI forums. Beta 600 does seem to fix the issues for most people, while adding the new features, including a non-tilted horizon! Supposedly a new final release of firmware is coming soon, as "promised" by DJI.

DJI is STILL trying to release a new / fixed version of firmware and they now have Beta 600 of that firmware available upon request, in the DJI forums. Beta 600 does seem to fix the issues for most people, while adding the new features, including a non-tilted horizon! Supposedly a new final release of firmware is coming soon, as "promised" by DJI.
It's still hit or miss. The Beta 600 did not fix my horizon issue on my P4, and I still lost connection at only 500' horizontal distance. However, the IMU hasn't reset mid flight yet - so that's one good thing. 1 step forward 2 steps back.

And for what it's worth, I heard DJI is no longer adding people to the Beta 600 list because they claim the new full version will be released soon. But I cannot be certain of this?

It's still hit or miss. The Beta 600 did not fix my horizon issue on my P4, and I still lost connection at only 500' horizontal distance. However, the IMU hasn't reset mid flight yet - so that's one good thing. 1 step forward 2 steps back.

And for what it's worth, I heard DJI is no longer adding people to the Beta 600 list because they claim the new full version will be released soon. But I cannot be certain of this?
What's the exact name of the new release?

I have tested the beta 0600 and I have not had cuts recording at 4k and the stability has seemed good to me.

I have been reading this thread for awhile and wanted to stay away from this firmware upgrade.
I went to fly my P4 yesterday, I had a message saying Device Locked. I could not even start the engines. It forced me to upgrade.
Now I get the unsteady flights, like everyone else.

You should be logged in GO4 app with your personal DJI account. Did you check this before upgrading?

Hello all, i was able to downgrade my bird to .602. Yaaaaaaa. She back to flying at 80%. I still feel that the go4 app is my remaining problem. Has anyine come up with a way to download to old go app to use? I tried the methods suggested in the earlier post but couldnt get them to work. Any new suggestions? If i missed them in other posts, sorry. Just point me in the right direction. Thanks

Not sure if you got Android or iOS. For iOS you might want search in this forum: Charles Proxy

Go to DJI forum and ask to be sent the beta firmware. My bird is back to flying at 90%. It's not perfect but much better!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl