New Firmware date is set.

Altitude restrictions apply from take of point not altitude from sea level don't they so do not see your point there, how high are these mountains? Not too sure about the channel hack either, pretty sure if you live in the mountains you don’t have too much wifi interference to worry about so you don’t need the channels ;-)

to clarify. I live in Vermont, near the New Hampshire boarder. Lots of mountains nearby. I'm not talking Kilimanjaro here, but some that get up to 3 or 4 thousand feet above where I take off from at the base that I might want to fly up the side of and over. Stopping at 1640 feet is halfway up. I'm not getting into anyone Else's airspace since actual planes don't get that close to mountain peaks. It would be nice not to be limited vertically. Even though these areas are mountainous, they are not all open and rural. There is loads of interference where I live, which is not a city, but has lots of WiFi signals from other residents, tall trees, hills and valleys, cell towers, and anything else that comes along with places people live. This isn't just farmland. Without signal boosters where I live, I couldn't get more than 2500 feet away without losing RC signal and my video stream broke up much earlier than that due to interference. With a booster, I can get close to what you're supposed to get with a stock setup in some areas, and much further in others. Heaving the extra video channels makes a noticeable difference to me.

Anyway, that is just one advantage of having the choice to run third party apps, and one more reason I feel they are well worth what they are charging.

I do think that DJI should have released a public Firmware that allows these third party apps to function, and give the general public a chance to try them out before stepping on them all and releasing their own versions at the very same moment, essentially beating them to the punch for everyone except beta testers. If that was your point, I agree, that's not too nice.

Im 200% favour other 3ª party can make software alternative to DJI.

Its almost like Apple and Android. On Android, you can make almost everything, including your own ROM, or even add features from superior and more recent models..

Im talking here about freedom of choices and not one choice. Please don`t turn this post on a fight between Appe vs And.

The more choices we have, better. Competition is always good.

More ONTOPIC:
Im still on FW 1.1.9. I consider myself o top user or flashholic if you want, from cars, phones, whatever...
I sincerely i hope don`t have a brick device or controller after try update, like some users, that seems to follow all the steps correctly...

Lets hope for the best and enjoy your machines!:D

Well if DJI firmware released on Monday supports SDK apps expect litchi to be released.

It's been a solid app since alpha and for the most part only working on things like camera movements, mission controls, etc.

And for those asking I don't expect the DJI release to hinder what 3rd party guys have done at all.
I'm with you.. This forum makes me a bit nervous to update.

Guy's?
It's all ready been tested till the birds came home. :)
By many many pilots not only DJI but the Litchi Guy's too in a way.
The goal now is going to be hand holding for a few day's after release for those that have trouble doing FIRMWARE updates.
Hoping they release some Documentation, why the have not yet go figure?
Waiting is fine but the testing is complete.
We will have a few detractors that seem to figure out how to screw things up but we all know them by now. ;) Party Poopers :)

Enjoy the long weekend if you have it off.
laborday.jpg

I'm Scouting today for our Dispersed Camping spots in the Jeep.
Do some before Upgrade flying. Camp out in the Wilderness.
jeep2015small.jpg

And 4X4ing! :) with the MANGO TANGO MACHINE!

Last edited:
Just been flicking through the thread and reading the comments about waypoints. I can understand why they'd probably want you to fly a route prior for safety reasons, but what about the battery ? A typical battery is only going to last you about 16 minutes before it reaches its critical levels. It's going to be even less if you've got to fly the same mission twice! Okay you can buy multiple batteries, but that should be a luxury not at necessity..

Just been flicking through the thread and reading the comments about waypoints. I can understand why they'd probably want you to fly a route prior for safety reasons, but what about the battery ? A typical battery is only going to last you about 16 minutes before it reaches its critical levels. It's going to be even less if you've got to fly the same mission twice! Okay you can buy multiple batteries, but that should be a luxury not at necessity..

How long have you been flying Paul? Extra Battery at least two is a necessity most will have 4, Not a luxury at all costly yes but that's the name of the game with Quads. I have 10 just for my Syma Xc5 alone and 4 for the P3P...

Im 200% favour other 3ª party can make software alternative to DJI.

Its almost like Apple and Android. On Android, you can make almost everything, including your own ROM, or even add features from superior and more recent models..

Im talking here about freedom of choices and not one choice. Please don`t turn this post on a fight between Appe vs And.

The more choices we have, better. Competition is always good.

More ONTOPIC:
Im still on FW 1.1.9. I consider myself o top user or flashholic if you want, from cars, phones, whatever...
I sincerely i hope don`t have a brick device or controller after try update, like some users, that seems to follow all the steps correctly...

Lets hope for the best and enjoy your machines!:D
There has not been one "bricked" P3 or transmitter from any past firmware.

Reactions: Mordor and JBG
Well this announcement is good news. But with DLI's support reputation (or lack of it) I will wait some time before using this app and will most probably stick with Litchi which does all of this and more and with outstanding support.

STUPID DJI! No home loc??? Another brilliant move by the morons who apparently don't read these forums or just don't care!

Extra Battery at least two is a necessity

I agree. I have three at the moment. Even my case anticipates that I will add another, since there is still one unused slot ...

Reactions: D4T_PoM and JBG
Maybe i did exaggerate....but there are reports of "dead" DJI`s...even with "sucess" update...;-)
Yes... there have been maybe 5 documented. There have been MANY claims. And I have personally helped PROPERLY flash dozens. The problem isn't a defective P3.. its defecting people that DONT follow directions, but swear that they do.

Does anyone have an idea if this will be the first firmware update done through the app or will this still be a download and copy to the micro SD?

After having moved from a P2V+ to an I1 and more recently a P3P, I've been missing the GS tremendously, and was very much looking forward to at least as much app functionality I had in my now 2 year old P2V+. GS was promised and will now be under-delivered after a ridiculously long wait. I have no use for a fly-route-first faux ground station, and DJI are pussies if indeed they bowed to pressure to gimp it. You can already access a real GS in APM, so they're preventing nothing.

Much like gun control, you can't stop stupid or malicious intent with half-measures and reactionary over-legislation. If DJI is so worried about what their MRs will be used for, then perhaps they should be making plush toys instead. News flash DJI, you're not the only people that make flying things. Stop REMOVING functionality or stop making promises you're not prepared to keep.

I would move to Litchi in a heartbeat if it was available for iOS, but alas, I wouldn't move back to Android even for that.

Reactions: huntjock

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z