Neighbour troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. When I get asked "What you doing? Why are you doing it? It's against the law. Blah blah blah". I just quietly engage them in polite conversation and try to keep them distracted while I carry on flying and recording my video footage, and if that does not work I land slowly in my own time. When I do land I begin asking them what authority they have ie. are you a policeman or are you a local authority official. Having made MY point I then leave...Well they started it. (",)
Do you carry "Tea in a pot" around?

Yep. And protection against a felony attack is... well, shots fired....

Even though you have open fields presumably to the rear of your house, I would guess your living in a normal residential area where you have houses across the road from the front of your house and extending to other houses on the same side of the road as yours. If so I would say your not flying legally, which does not mean the idiot next door can take the law into his own hands and shoot your drone down.

(a) over or within 150 metres of any congested area;
What is a congested area?
The Air Navigation Order defines a congested area as being 'any area of a city, town or settlement which is substantially used for residential, industrial, commercial or recreational purposes'.

Reactions: Paul Wynter
I lived in the west wales sticks in a large old house with a massive garden, (now I live in warm, drone friendly thailand) and for many years experienced overt harrassment from my neighbours who didnt like my Indian wife and my english accent and fancy cars, simple as that. Also I worked for MoD - another no no in hippy trippy land. My daughter's P3P drone was being flown legally and of course brought the tired plod (Heddlu) around forthwith. I would say that as long as you are absolutely sure you are within your rights (30M) to t/o then on return to land the video was made in the normal course of flight data/telemetry recording for personal use and for the improvement of your flying/safety skills, however you witnessed an alleged crime being committed of which you retained the video as evidence, for use prospectively in court. It's up to plod to decide on using such evidence, if you have really good evidence of this asxshoxle taking a pot-shot at you (which is an act of criminal intention) then use it - I would. I sent formal letters from my company to all my "neighbours" informing them of our legal use of the drone and referring them to the relevant ANO especially as we lived under Aberporth D zone where they fly "real" drones (big noisy things). That shut them up, the neighbours but not Aberporths Grim Reapers ... With regards to our American friend's comments, yep get out the M16 and if the drone is damaged it could end up being planted in the jerks face, of course occifer, you lost control and it sliced off his nose!! Just wiggle the joystick as it comes down :) :) ! (you'll make a fortune from the video rights which will pay for lawyers..)

Last edited:
Reactions: recsaysausaged
Drone pilots symposium 1st Sunday of every month.....fields behind Liam_89's.....Seriously though, I would definitely report the incident so it is on record should any "accident " occur in the future

Do you carry "Tea in a pot" around?
We Brits always carry spare tea bags and a pot around, especially on cold nights or when under attack, when you understand the psychosomatic improvement benefits of Theanine in Tea, then maybe you guys will wean yourselves off coffee?!!! It will help dealing with Trumpski :)

We Brits always carry spare tea bags and a pot around, especially on cold nights or when under attack, when you understand the psychosomatic improvement benefits of Theanine in Tea, then maybe you guys will wean yourselves off coffee?!!! It will help dealing with Trumpski :)
Caffeine never weans off a Trump! Look up 1776... We are caffinated to the "T" and if not... We are still able.

Trump or not, We are sick and tired of the shadows...

We are coming..

Naw, the folks that have sand in their panties over here get safety pins to declare a safe zone. Can send you some if you need them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We're gathering them up...

After 37 years in law enforcement I can tell you that anyone that harms, or even attempts to do you or your property harm is breaking the law. Provided there are no city ordinances that prevent you from taking off from your back yard, and you are following all the rules of law with regard to drones.

As long as you aren't a threat to anyone, or harassing others with your drone, no one can force you to stop doing what you're doing.

If this character continues to harass you in this way, or harms you or your property, he can be arrested and charged with public mischief at a minimum and possibly even worse.

Bud

This does not jive with the video of cops shooting at a mans drone flying near them.

Get the plod on it anyway, let them decide who is more in the wrong. IMHO they will not have time for something as trivial as this, more serious stuff goes waiting. He is an arse, let him have it, the legal laugh hurts most!

True, they have to help the tv license goons steal from the subjects.

Funny how different the UK is. If it were me I'd have simply called on my wife to bring one of my hand guns before I bought the bird back :)
And that there is why the rest of the world thinks the USA is nothing but trigger happy thugs. I am a responsible gun owner, would never threaten deady force against a neighbor over property damage to drone.

Reactions: SharpeSnitch
And that there is why the rest of the world thinks the USA is nothing but trigger happy thugs. I am a responsible gun owner, would never threaten deady force against a neighbor over property damage to drone.
not over a drone, over a felony since drone cost makes it one.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart