Neighbour troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Perception of privacy"?
This is no place for legal advice. Foreign or domestic.

"Perception of privacy"?
This is no place for legal advice. Foreign or domestic.
Sure it is. Depends on the advice.

I feel quite comfortable, for example, asking here if it would be wise for me to fly in an area posted, "No Trespassing".

I do not agree that only a Lawyer is suitable to consult with such a question.

It is said a lawyer who defends himself has fool for a client.

Legal advice from a drone forum?

Lunacy.

Sometimes people don't realize their own shortcomings. Dunning-Kruger.

BTW in the US it's referred to as Expectation of privacy.

Reactions: m0j0 and volace
Please cite my interpretation of any law, ordinance or similar.

Also include specific actions to take and other means of defence.

Why not go down to your local police station and inquire? If you squeak first it might help your case more than if he squeaks first. Squeaky wheel often gets the grease first, especially if the police are called to defuse the situation and they side with the original complainer.

Personally, I don't fly in my own neighborhood as we are only 100' separation and I'm certain someone would call in about me flying over or near their place no matter the law. Most likely the cops would tell me to fly somewhere else to keep the curmudgeon happy.

Reactions: THECaptainKirk
Take a big 8 x 10 glossy of him shooting at the bird. Go over to his house and show it to him. And tell him that this constitutes right there a violation of the law. Tell the next time it happens, you're going straight to the authorities. It's worth a shot

But life is much simpler when you get along with your neighbors, maybe you can just explain to him where you fly, and how safe it is.

Take a big 8 x 10 glossy of him shooting at the bird. Go over to his house and show it to him. And tell him that this constitutes right there a violation of the law. Tell the next time it happens, you're going straight to the authorities. It's worth a shot

But life is much simpler when you get along with your neighbors, maybe you can just explain to him where you fly, and how safe it is.
I'll try option B, then option A.. I DO like the option... "worth a shot"....

Well I'm here to tell you. If I'm flying my drone and some azzhole neighbor comes out to bully me and my drone it's gonna be a VERY bad day in the neighborhood. But luckily I live out in the country and don't have any neighbors.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
It is said a lawyer who defends himself has fool for a client.

Legal advice from a drone forum?

Lunacy.
The curse if arrogance is how it blinds oneself to it.

There are plenty of absolutely rock-solid, 100% accurate and reliable legal matters I can advise another local person on, and similarly would I rely on other non-lawyers for accurate advice on a wide range of legal matters.

Similarly with many medical issues. And I'm not a doctor either.

Who do you think makes the laws? Are you narrow-minded / arrogant enough to think that only Lawyers legislate? Or perhaps that only Lawyers can competently legislate? How many lawyers do you think are on the City Council in my town of 10,000, writing and passing ordinances? The answer is none. Do they not understand the law they are passing well enough to explain it to someone else?

I could go on and on and on and on, but I think everyone else gets the point. No skill, vocation, profession, practice, discipline, whathaveyou is so opaque that only those recognized as experts can dispense ANY useful, reliable, advice.

Come to me asking what to do about that sore bruise you got where the baseball bat accidentally hit you when you were coaching your son, and I'll tell you to take Advil and put an ice pack on it -- for free.

Or, you can drop $100 at the local Urgent Care clinic and waste the time of some Physician's Assistant to tell you exactly the same thing. Your call.

Get a Parrot Mambo and defend yourself with the cannon:

parrot_mambo.jpg

Parrot-Mambo-Espa%C3%B1ol-Review-y-An%C3%A1lisis-380x250.jpg

Parrot-Mambo-Cannon-Image-2.jpg

I just got one last week to fly indoors when the weather's bad and I'm reluctant to say I'm having more fun with it than with my P4 in some respects :p
It maybe this thread and slingshot stuff but I am I the only person that googled this drone and then googled "how to modify Parrot Mamboto shoot further than 6 feet" LOL

The curse if arrogance is how it blinds oneself to it.

There are plenty of absolutely rock-solid, 100% accurate and reliable legal matters I can advise another local person on, and similarly would I rely on other non-lawyers for accurate advice on a wide range of legal matters.

Similarly with many medical issues. And I'm not a doctor either.

Who do you think makes the laws? Are you narrow-minded / arrogant enough to think that only Lawyers legislate? Or perhaps that only Lawyers can competently legislate? How many lawyers do you think are on the City Council in my town of 10,000, writing and passing ordinances? The answer is none. Do they not understand the law they are passing well enough to explain it to someone else?

I could go on and on and on and on, but I think everyone else gets the point. No skill, vocation, profession, practice, discipline, whathaveyou is so opaque that only those recognized as experts can dispense ANY useful, reliable, advice.

Come to me asking what to do about that sore bruise you got where the baseball bat accidentally hit you when you were coaching your son, and I'll tell you to take Advil and put an ice pack on it -- for free.

Or, you can drop $100 at the local Urgent Care clinic and waste the time of some Physician's Assistant to tell you exactly the same thing. Your call.
Arrogance definition: offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride.

I don't believe my post exhibited this behavior.

What about yours?

Hi,
So I was flying my P3P the other day at home in my garden,
Where I live, just out the back of my garden, there is loads of open fields and nothing else,
I tend to lift off from the garden and head straight to the open fields out of the way of everything,
I heard the neighbour next door say that he was going to shoot it down when I come back to land, which had me worried,
So I was coming back into my garden to land, and I wasn't anywhere near him, he started taking shots at the phantom with a catapult ( slingshot )
When I heard him say this I set the video to record on the way back for landing in case anything did happen, ( which it did )
My question basically is:
Is he in the right by trying to shoot me down for landing in my garden
After being flying in open fields,
Or am I in the wrong for coming into my own garden to land with the video recording ?
I did read somewhere that take offs and landings were exempt from the 50m rule until it's airborne ?
I was going to call the police about this but thought that I would let it go this time as I wasn't entirely sure about the rules,
Has anybody experienced this or can offer me any advice
Thanks in advance
In the uk, should I add

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi,
So I was flying my P3P the other day at home in my garden,
Where I live, just out the back of my garden, there is loads of open fields and nothing else,
I tend to lift off from the garden and head straight to the open fields out of the way of everything,
I heard the neighbour next door say that he was going to shoot it down when I come back to land, which had me worried,
So I was coming back into my garden to land, and I wasn't anywhere near him, he started taking shots at the phantom with a catapult ( slingshot )
When I heard him say this I set the video to record on the way back for landing in case anything did happen, ( which it did )
My question basically is:
Is he in the right by trying to shoot me down for landing in my garden
After being flying in open fields,
Or am I in the wrong for coming into my own garden to land with the video recording ?
I did read somewhere that take offs and landings were exempt from the 50m rule until it's airborne ?
I was going to call the police about this but thought that I would let it go this time as I wasn't entirely sure about the rules,
Has anybody experienced this or can offer me any advice
Thanks in advance
In the uk, should I add

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members