Neighbour troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about your neighbors. Hopefully you can have a chat with him and explain to him that you're not recording him (and you don't secretly work for the government)

My neighbors as so fascinated by my phantom. When they hear it take off then they run outside and the kids start dancing around the lawn (us South Africans will always find a reason to dance )

Sorry to hear about your neighbors. Hopefully you can have a chat with him and explain to him that you're not recording him (and you don't secretly work for the government)

My neighbors as so fascinated by my phantom. When they hear it take off then they run outside and the kids start dancing around the lawn (us South Africans will always find a reason to dance )
I do work (secretly) , for "a" government... but that's illrelevant....... let the kids dance.

Reactions: shaun nadan
This is funny. Not to trivialize the situation, but it's just funny to think about a grown man trying to protect his privacy with a sling shot. A friend of mine in the UK is a competitive slinger. Is this what you are talking about? Or is your neighbor actually shooting a slingshot ? Sorry, but it's humorous for me, living in a country where you could get shot down by any multitude of firearms.

Is he in the right by trying to shoot me down for landing in my garden

Regardless of where anyone lives - no one has the "right" to wilfully destroy another's property - unless it is with regard to protect themselves - from another's intent to harm!
Sure doesn't sound like you were out to cause any harm Liam - take the initial step of visiting your local Police establishment before anything does happen - not after, be "proactive not reactive"!

or P4 now P3P is out of production

Not to "hi-jack" this thread but wanted to point out even the P4 is out of production now - DJI Has Discontinued Phantom 4 Production - WeTalkUAV Seems DJI is becoming a victim of their own success and fast moving technology changes.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Nice but not the solution here in the UK
Clearly you think the U.K. is "better than" the U.S. as you keep making these passive/aggressive, derogatory comments. No help from this U.S. Citizen for you! LOL!

Reactions: m0j0
This is in the UK not the USA.......:)

We tend not to shoot people over trivial matters ......LOL
shooting down a 1000 quid is NOT trivial to me.

But put the queens picture on the drone. that will either stop him, or get him dumped in the tower of london.

So basically I should be ok to take off from my garden and fly into the open fields, then return back to the garden to land,
The phantom is well away from the guy next door when I'm coming back in, I'd just like to be sire before pursue this

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

but within your rights, and working drone are two separate things. So SERPENTINE going out, and coming back.

Last year I had 2 women having a go at me really angry, really thought they were gonna beat me to a pulp all because I flew near their house.

Anyway... I decided not to fly their again for 2 reasons...

1) because I can't enjoy the flight knowing that they could start at any time
2) it was an excuse to travel and explore new places... Best thing to happen to me as I found a hidden park which is 50 times bigger then the one I was in when these two morons had a go at me.

So my advice... Explore, even walk 30 seconds down the road, take off and fly past your neighbours house as fast as you can (and as low as you can... Just to pïss him off lol)

and yes... I'm also from england. London actually. The home of big teeth, tea drinking and some old bag that likes walking her corgie dogs in this big house. Queenie or someone like that

Neon Euc

This is in the UK not the USA.......:)

We tend not to shoot people over trivial matters ......LOL

just try to shoot down a neighbors drone
trivial as well.....
Funny how different the UK is. If it were me I'd have simply called on my wife to bring one of my hand guns before I bought the bird back :)

whats wrong with you?
why is one not aboard your belt already...lol

I get along with my neighbors and they don't try to hit my Phantom with rocks. The only rocks we share are with a nice bourbon sharing sunsets :)

actually I guess I am lucky here as you are with friendly skies
a couple neighbors just might theirs out and chase me around up there for fun

been flying for couple years and only positive response from folks
post a lot of videos of the area and neighborhood at various times year etc.
so they enjoy that and it helps everyone see whats up.

good luck and have fun flying!

So based on the OP's original post, I see nothing wrong with what he did. First, he is taking off and landing on his own property. As long as he isn't hovering straight over the guy's property and if like in the states isn't flying at late hours causing a noise violation, then he is within his rights.

As for the privacy, if the neighbour can't prove with his own video of the OP taking deliberate video of him, then him coming out threatening the OP is his own fault if he got captured in the footage.
If the OP is true with his flight route, then he would have the logs of the flight proving to the police that he flys away from the neighbour's house and shouldn't aggravate the neighbour as the sound would last no longer than someone using a chainsaw to cut a branch on a tree.

And for the neighbour's actions of trying to strike the AC, I would bet he would be in more trouble by shooting a projectile using what might be considered as an illegal weapon.

Hi,
So I was flying my P3P the other day at home in my garden,
Where I live, just out the back of my garden, there is loads of open fields and nothing else,
I tend to lift off from the garden and head straight to the open fields out of the way of everything,
I heard the neighbour next door say that he was going to shoot it down when I come back to land, which had me worried,
So I was coming back into my garden to land, and I wasn't anywhere near him, he started taking shots at the phantom with a catapult ( slingshot )
When I heard him say this I set the video to record on the way back for landing in case anything did happen, ( which it did )
My question basically is:
Is he in the right by trying to shoot me down for landing in my garden
After being flying in open fields,
Or am I in the wrong for coming into my own garden to land with the video recording ?
I did read somewhere that take offs and landings were exempt from the 50m rule until it's airborne ?
I was going to call the police about this but thought that I would let it go this time as I wasn't entirely sure about the rules,
Has anybody experienced this or can offer me any advice

I seem to notice a lot of folks from the UK having problems with neighbors and the publc at large... what's the deal?

People love to worry for others...

I seem to notice a lot of folks from the UK having problems with neighbors and the publc at large... what's the deal?

People love to worry for others...

yes, that's true but unlike you guys who have a big country, we are a small island with 75 million people on it....:)

yes, that's true but unlike you guys who have a big country, we are a small island with 75 million people on it....:)

This is true.

I do have some experience with this as years ago I worked in construction and we would show up for a job and neighbors would turn up out of nowhere on the phone with the police, because we were in their neighbors yard....

What were we doing so inconspicuously with three trucks and a digger in broad daylight, anyways??

tread carefully here in the UK because no matter how much you are in the right, the last thing you want is a dispute with your neighbour as they have to be declared if you want to sell the house .....tricky

As for dealing with the neighbour, have you tried reasoning with him? Find out exactly what his objection is and try to resolve it. My neighbours thought that anything flying would be noisy (quite right with the nitro heli :) ) and that the cameras were capable of zooming in and spying on them - I showed them footage and agreed to only test fly the heli when it was needed to do repairs etc and to not hover over their houses - everything is cool and we all rub along nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers