MaxxUAV.com now carries ItElite Antennas!

I messed up royally! On clean install kit. And now my HD side socket and now my amplifer is not glowing blue, just white

and it would been better i pulled the stick throttle out,
to pull the anntena cable out of socket.

I didnt have clearance becus of the throttle and bent the center and now only have one side working and one side not getting signal

Talk about im having a bad day!

I need another main motherboard. Any body have spare parts?

Sent from my nice iphone6s+

using PhantomPilots mobile app

... If anyone is in the Tucson/Marana area and has one to do I'd be more than happy to do it for you so I can record the process.
I ordered the cable kit, if the connectors are as expected I am going to install it and use some old Cisco antennas until he has the antenna back in stock.
I am in Marana and will welcome the guidance!

Reactions: Cale262

No cheesy track accompanying this clip of Wai'mea. Compression is still bad though. Facebook doesn't care!

Check out the wind! It was really gusty that day! The trees were whipping. Went out Kaene'a Point and it was really bad. 50 mph gusts on-shore and almost lost the drone that day.
Freaking love that place! Last time I was there they had 20ft waves at least! Streets were lined watching the surf!

Reactions: Theresa Strange
Freaking love that place! Last time I was there they had 20ft waves at least! Streets were lined watching the surf!
When the bay wakes up it really starts to pump. It can hold a good swell. This year the Eddie Aikau Invitational took place. Drones were OFF LIMITS! LOL Only a couple of pilots were out commercially shooting. Nico's is one of my favorites. When I get into town I always go. Best Ahi.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
When the bay wakes up it really starts to pump. It can hold a good swell. This year the Eddie Aikau Invitational took place. Drones were OFF LIMITS! LOL Only a couple of pilots were out commercially shooting.
Yeah I saw that they ran the Eddie this year! Way cool! So most of the time it's ok to fly about anywhere in Hawaii except obviousl military bases and Pearl Harbor right? I have been told that you don't really have any problems flying over there much. Is that true Theresa?

I messed up royally! On clean install kit. And now my HD side socket and now my amplifer is not glowing blue, just white

I didnt have clearance becus of the throttle and bent the center and now only have one side working and one side not getting signal

Sorry I'm not understanding, please explain. Also attach photos

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I ordered the cable kit, if the connectors are as expected I am going to install it and use some old Cisco antennas until he has the antenna back in stock.
I am in Marana and will welcome the guidance!

I'd love to help you out but I won't be back in the area until October'ish, the Arizona summer is just too darn hot for me ;)

We'll get you fixed up buddy! No worries :)

Jake,

I've modified my Inspire RC with your amplified setup and purchased a second clean install setup for my P4 RC as well. As many have noted here, you have a great product and the result is very OEM like. I've also ordered and am waiting for the new monster - Maxxrange Itelite antenna. I have a few questions, the answers of which may benefit other users, so I'll ask them publicly.

1. With the new clean install, are you familiar with any quality antennas (that are similar to the stock "stick like" DJI antennas) that we can simple screw onto your clean install posts. These would make travel with the remote really convenient for those times when the Itelites are simply not required. I still like the convenience of the small OEM form factor.

2, I like the blue cables, although find them very stiff and difficult to deal with, especially when constantly setting up and collapsing the rig for travel. I already broke a set (my fault) at the elbow. Do they really make a difference in the non amplified versus non amplified setup, and can I use the standard cables that come with your antennas and amplifiers - or do you have other recommendations as to where to buy flexible shorter cables.

3. I plan on using the new Maxxrange antenna without the amplifiers, but I can use them with the amplifiers as well?

Thanks

Last edited:
Jake,

I've modified my Inspire RC with your amplified setup and purchased a second clean install setup for my P4 RC as well. As many have noted here, you have a great product and the result is very OEM like. I've also ordered and am waiting for the new monster - Maxxrange Itelite antenna. I have a few questions, the answers of which may benefit other users, so I'll ask them publicly.

1. With the new clean install, are you familiar with any quality antennas (that are similar to the stock "stick like" DJI antennas) that we can simple screw onto your clean install posts. These would make travel with the remote really convenient for those times when the Itelites are simply not required. I still like the convenience of the small OEM form factor.

2, I like the blue cables, although find them very stiff and difficult to deal with, especially when constantly setting up and collapsing the rig for travel. I already broke a set (my fault) at the elbow. Do they really make a difference in the non amplified versus non amplified setup, and can I use the standard cables that come with your antennas and amplifiers - or do you have other recommendations as to where to buy flexible shorter cables.

3. I plan on using the new Maxxrange antenna without the amplifiers, but I can use them with the amplifiers as well?

Thanks

Hey mem_ny,

1. Here are some antennas that are similar to stock that are compatible with the SMA connectors: 7″ Inch 7dbi Gray Antenna (pair)

2. I realize these are stiff cables. My next order of cables will be for the more flexible, RG58 cable. It's not necessary to use the blue cables though. For the clean install kit, meaning the SMAs coming out of the stock antenna holes, the cables that come with the antenna have a pretty extreme bend in them which I've noticed affects range. That's why I went with a short cable with 90 degree adapters on both ends.

3. Yes, you'll be able to use the amplifiers with the MaxxRange, which will make a killer setup. It will give you the best chance at penetrating through trees and through wifi interference.

I have my kit installed and took the phantom out for a test drive today.

I can fly higher than before but I am not gaining any distance. I notice that I go from full bars to completely disconnected like turning off a switch.

Am I supposed to be running the 32 channel hack with this mod?

Thanks

I can fly higher than before but I am not gaining any distance. I notice that I go from full bars to completely disconnected like turning off a switch.

Thanks

What kind of distance are you getting? What are your surroundings?

Thanks

I was able to get significantly better coverage and I do not use the Channel Hack. Settings on full auto.

What kind of distance are you getting? What are your surroundings?
I'm getting about 2000-3000 feet then total disconnect. I'm flying in my neighbourhood lots of homes (no condos or high rises) so lots of wifi. I get almost the exact same distance with stock antennas but not the height.

I fly at 400 feet usually, but today I took it to 1640 to see how high I could go then back to 400 to fly around.

Last week I flew at a farmers field and managed 18k feet in one direction with my stock unmodified gl300b. I Didn't make it back haha and landed in a random farmers field 3k feet away from me.

My itelite antenna and clean install kit is installed in my gl300a remote.

Last edited:
I'm getting about 2000-3000 feet then total disconnect. I'm flying in my neighbourhood lots of homes (no condos or high rises) so lots of wifi. I get almost the exact same distance with stock antennas but not the height.

I fly at 400 feet usually, but today I took it to 1640 to see how high I could go then back to 400 to fly around.

Last week I flew at a farmers field and managed 18k feet in one direction stock. Didn't make it back haha and landed in a random farmers field 3k feet away from me.

Are you flying beyond houses? And when I say that, if you attached a string from your transmitter to the drone, would that string touch anything? Physical objects will kill any antenna signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka