Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Here it is on the tripod with rc
DSC_0041.JPG
DSC_0044.JPG

And catching some rays
DSC_0043.JPG

One problem I need to order some cables mine are not long enough so we'll have to wait for results.

Thank db, phxbird.
Just showed the missus what I've done with the day, not impressed lmao "what the f#@k is that!!"
My reply "that is possibly £135 that you could go shopping with"
Her reply "ohhh that's really good"

OK so here's the prototype, don't laugh now this one mean *** piece of kit ;)
View attachment 54705 View attachment 54707 View attachment 54708
So this was made with all stuff I had at home already the only thing I had to buy was the sma connectors which I got 5 for about £4.
Warning!! there was an old freest box harmed in the making, but I managed to salvage a 500gb hard drive so it's all good:cool:
And I thought I had allot of stuff around my place. And you can store your video on the 500g HD.;)

Reactions: seb evans
Can't wait to see the results!!! Looks good Seb!

Can't wait to see the results!!! Looks good Seb!
Yeah gonna order some cables now, hopefully they don't take too long.
I would have been out with it already otherwise.
One thing though let's say this does work then because I'm on a standard my rc is gonna rth before my video feed cuts.
So I should see my whole flight which is a bonus, but is there anything I can do other than open the bird up and bring the 5.8 out with something to match my diy helical?
Oh and your helical for db is ace how many turn is that?

Test 1
P3p Governator Unboosted 12044.3'
P3a MaxxRange Unboosted 10803.0'

Test 2 (screenshots)
P3p Governator Unboosted 12943.7
P3a MaxxRange Unboosted 12932.4'

Both times we both got low battery warnings but were no where close to the default warning where it beeps at you. We both turned around when we got the alert.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Test 1

Test 2 (screenshots)

Both times we both got low battery warnings but were no where close to the default warning where it beeps at you. We both turned around when we got the alert.

27ad33ad812de8ce2e6adb94f3ee4f44.jpg

345edb92cff3ed335b5bedf50e6f7a32.jpg

8554372be28c397c2dd808278a952cf7.jpg

Wow my low battery warning shows up around ( I see I had to many 0)16000 ft. good flight and good test of the Governator. Am I slow it just hit me. I was thinking in the line of gun names S&W’s Governor

Last edited:
Yeah gonna order some cables now, hopefully they don't take too long.
I would have been out with it already otherwise.
One thing though let's say this does work then because I'm on a standard my rc is gonna rth before my video feed cuts.
So I should see my whole flight which is a bonus, but is there anything I can do other than open the bird up and bring the 5.8 out with something to match my diy helical?
Oh and your helical for db is ace how many turn is that?
You can run a 5.8 booster..i think thats how DB was doing it with his ibcrazy.

I think the one i sent was a 19 & 21 turn

Reactions: B_Squared
Yep, as the flight time starts
Increasing, you're going to seriously start thinking about a tripod! No you're hundred percent right, I'm lucky enough that my house, even though I live in relatively flat lands, is higher up than most of the miles around me. If I'm lower than the rest of the area around me I don't bother flying because eventually the horizons's gonna creep up on ya
Test 1

Test 2 (screenshots)

27ad33ad812de8ce2e6adb94f3ee4f44.jpg

345edb92cff3ed335b5bedf50e6f7a32.jpg

8554372be28c397c2dd808278a952cf7.jpg

Do you have boosters to test with?

Should have them by the end of the week max.

Where did you guys get the tripod mounts?

Im thinking of getting boosters . I see that the new gold sunhams are about double the price of the older ones . Are they really that much better ? Also I heard that the boosted signal might get me more range on the control than on the video link . If that is the case then it wont RTH even after I totally lose video link because the Rc is still connected . Will the google maps and arrow for the drone still work then so I can control it to come back .? I dont need video but I need to be able to see the drone moving in the google maps screen .

Yes SK as long as you still have strong control signal you'll still have the map and telemetry. When your control goes out that's when RTH kicks in. No you don't have to get those 2016 boosters. Some of the other ones work just as well even the cheap black ones from China

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z