Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Still waiting for a terminator test in urban wifi areas. Seems like nobody besides DB has a Terminator

Here's a few pics: IMG_3621.JPG IMG_3622.JPG IMG_3623.JPG IMG_3624.JPG IMG_3625.JPG IMG_3626.JPG IMG_3627.JPG IMG_3628.JPG IMG_3629.JPG IMG_3630.JPG

I was able to do a quick test from the back and front of my house (where I do most of my flying) and was able to go to just a little further than my boosted DBS and FPVLR setup. I'll need more flight time for better tests though.

Hey dsd,thats really nice carpet.

No but seriously, you did the perfect test
(1) flew from your normal spot
(2) flew UNboosted when you normally fly boosted
(3) got better results UNboosted!

I think that's exactly the kind of tests people want to hear

On a side note,what brand of cables are those the black with the green ends, because they look very well-made

Here's a few pics:View attachment 52829 View attachment 52830 View attachment 52831 View attachment 52832 View attachment 52833 View attachment 52834 View attachment 52835 View attachment 52836 View attachment 52837 View attachment 52838

I was able to do a quick test from the back and front of my house (where I do most of my flying) and was able to go to just a little further than my boosted DBS and FPVLR setup. I'll need more flight time for better tests though.
Hi Dan. Great test. I am looking at ordering one of those. Looks like it works good for you. Steel a little windy out there. I am thinking of going to Galveston tomorrow. All depends on the wind. o_O

Hi Dan. Great test. I am looking at ordering one of those. Looks like it works good for you. Steel a little windy out there. I am thinking of going to Galveston tomorrow. All depends on the wind. o_O
Hey Maxwell, if it is windy, park it by the Poopdeck send it east on a suicide mission(one-way) hit the ferry to Bolivar and pick it up on the beach!![emoji41]Good times!!

Reactions: seb evans and Jtrjr
Hahaha I think now we are at an interesting time again where RC range is greater than battery power. Maybe the going trend will be suicide missions with recovery. DB set the bar high on that one :)

Yeah I don't even know if I can top that one! Although I wasnt using my best batteries[emoji41]
I've heard rumors that the 19 dB panel the "extreme"is good for 40 miles! Although still have an issue of the horizon and having to climb higher and higher.

We'll find out when it gets here[emoji41]

Reactions: GadgetGuy and Jtrjr
Here's a few pics:View attachment 52829 View attachment 52830 View attachment 52831 View attachment 52832 View attachment 52833 View attachment 52834 View attachment 52835 View attachment 52836 View attachment 52837 View attachment 52838

DBS I have the same case for my P3a. I really like it. Man does that dorf the other antenna.

Hey dsd,thats really nice carpet.

No but seriously, you did the perfect test
(1) flew from your normal spot
(2) flew UNboosted when you normally fly boosted
(3) got better results UNboosted!

I think that's exactly the kind of tests people want to hear

On a side note,what brand of cables are those the black with the green ends, because they look very well-made

Thanks DB! Those a cables are RG-58 I purchased from Fry's. I made most of the cables I've used in my setups. That way, I'll have the right length.

Order it! You can't go wrong! It's larger, but very light. It actually feels as heavy(light) as my boosted DBS setup.

It's funny that your area is windy. I barely felt any wind here, and we're only about 10-15 miles apart. I have a very busy weekend, so I don't think I can do Galveston. Have fun, take lots of vids/pics, and fly safe.

DBS I have the same case for my P3a. I really like it. Man does that dorf the other antenna.

You're referring to the case for my controller, right? If so, then yes, it's a great case. Not too big, not too small. Just the right size to fit my boosted DBS (small version) or boosted FPVLR. Definitely won't fit the Maxxrange antenna...lol. :eek:

Just took a short flight in front of the shop and it was nice and smooth.
Order it! You can't go wrong! It's larger, but very light. It actually feels as heavy(light) as my boosted DBS setup.

It's funny that your area is windy. I barely felt any wind here, and we're only about 10-15 miles apart. I have a very busy weekend, so I don't think I can do Galveston. Have fun, take lots of vids/pics, and fly safe.

Thanks DB! Those a cables are RG-58 I purchased from Fry's. I made most of the cables I've used in my setups. That way, I'll have the right length.
I think RG-58's are the best there is! How complicated to make them yourself, is it just a crimper?

I just checked out Fry's, 29.99 for 100 ft of RG58!!!
**** I could make cables for life w/that!!

Hey Maxwell, if it is windy, park it by the Poopdeck send it east on a suicide mission(one-way) hit the ferry to Bolivar and pick it up on the beach!![emoji41]Good times!!

I didn't know you guys were down there. This is way "off-topic" but you guys might get a kick out of it. Crystal Beach in Feb, you guys might recognize it. We had a vacation down there, we're thinking about buying a home in the area.

Jerry

I didn't know you guys were down there. This is way "off-topic" but you guys might get a kick out of it. Crystal Beach in Feb, you guys might recognize it. We had a vacation down there, we're thinking about buying a home in the area.

Jerry

I fish there a lot. In late summer you can catch bull reds 100 yards of the beach in a kayak.
I liked the video to.

Reactions: Jtrjr

This is a tough one for me. I have the fpvlr kit with boosters on my q500 rc. It's great not to have to worry about signal, but it's made the rc much more of a rig, not to mention the extra battery to keep up with. I got the phantom for light bridge and thinking I don't have to **** around with antenna mods. I do fly with windsurfers, but that's not a mod, lol. I'll be running into situations where I'll have to push 3.5k' out and maybe even a bit more. I use Litchi and with the current sdk problems that dji hasn't fixed yet, you do not want to lose connection in focus mode, for instance - and I'd be using that a ton. So, I was considering the smaller dbs mod plate with boosters. That or this giant terminator plate that looks to be the ultimate, albeit akin to holding up a small wall while flying. Mods don't bother me too much while I fly but I don't always require a major ordeal for casual shorter distance flights. Unfortunately, when you commit to these mods you're in it for every flight. And that has me considering if stock with windsurfers with bird/rc LOS almost always would be dependable within 4k'. I'd love to stay stock. But I'd love to be confident in it with my distances which are considerably less than long distance warriors.

Any thoughts to offer for me to consider?

Hey shock, controllers are getting cheaper by the minute, get another controller for your lite weight flights, it takes seconds to rebind! Then get a Maxxrange from Fredz, they dont weigh jack[emoji41]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna