Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Why are the blue batteries rubbish? I've used them for months with zero problems.

So in summary, it's best if we turn on the controllers, launch, and fly with the amps off even though the amps are in line between the transmitters/receivers and antennas.

And when the bird gets some distance away, we should then turn the amps on.

Right?
perhaps i had some bad ones , out of 4, three died , I trust Lipos like the Turingy version . its wise to run two in parallel like 2 x 1000 mAH , its very unlikely two can fail in flight.

Reactions: dirtybum
Yep, when I said this will not fit 99.9% of our controllers, I wasn't aware that this was designed for amps only. That's OK with me. Even though I like to start my tests off without amps, when I'm flying out to the borders and limits of what shouldn't even be possible ,I like to use amps regardless of if I need them or not just to be sure my aircraft makes it back alive
well if i made the cables the kit for direct use to the antennas ,then you would have had the problem when trying to connect the RF amps., just the same as the are SMA.

so in theory we would need 3 sets of cables for all variations.

RC to antennas,
RC to RF amps
Amps to Antennas.

well if i made the cables the kit for direct use to the antennas ,then you would have had the problem when trying to connect the RF amps., just the same as the are SMA.

so in theory we would need 3 sets of cables for all variations.

RC to antennas,
RC to RF amps
Amps to Antennas.

Could you not just make your cables the same as iTelite and order your panels with the proper connections ? Would make it a lot easier for people if you used the industry standard ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: whichAntenna
I just saw it .. I just agree with @dirtybum that it would make a lot more sense to use the industry standard.
And it would be a very easy fix

Could you not just make your cables the same as iTelite and order your panels with the proper connections ? Would make it a lot easier for people if you used the industry standard ;)

With an SMA on the main connector it is possible to connect it up wrong , this will result in loss of control of the bird, blown rf amp etc , we would do it that way but we air on the side of caution as its impossible to connect up our antennas wrong , we could make it an option on the connector .

If you use sma and rp-sma how could you possibly connect it wrong ?

What makes more sense to me that you may beusing that connector because that's what the antenna panel manufacturer was already making. Meaning it would be easier/cheaper to use what was already being made than to design a custom antenna. As you did with the LIEHUO antennas you used for your original terminator.

What makes more sense to me that you may beusing that connector because that's what the antenna panel manufacturer was already making. Meaning it would be easier/cheaper to use what was already being made than to design a custom antenna. As you did with the LIEHUO antennas you used for your original terminator.

rp-sma with sma , you need to think about that a bit . and no wrong on all counts .

actually no there is a simple reason for it , read back in the forums
You have explained to me in the past that you use certain connectors to eliminate user error, instead of using what's mainstream because you're more interested in people getting it right and getting the best signal they can than you are worried about what's popular. I can respect that answer[emoji41]

Well .. The only way to tell the future is to look at the past. And we all know the story that tells [emoji6]

Anyhow ... Happy hump day !

What makes more sense to me that you may be using that connector because that's what the antenna panel manufacturer was already making. Meaning it would be easier/cheaper to use what was already being made than to design a custom antenna. As you did with the LIEHUO antennas you used for your original terminator.

Right on the money Kyle! This is exactly the point I have been trying to investigate, though I quickly get derailed by accusations of being a manufacturer or simply making appearances for personal attacks, both of which couldn't be further from the truth. It is important for this information to come out for many reasons such as but not limited too, the actual manufacturer getting credit for the antenna instead of the person that spray painted it and rerouted a cable, people paying a fair price for the product they are receiving instead of paying a mark up introduced by an unnecessary middle man, as well as more transparent and usable knowledge for all interested in antennas which will only lead to further innovation. After 40 years experience you would think you would want to put that knowledge to good use and design something new or attempt to innovate instead of reselling existing products at a mark up. If this is indeed the case, I personally find Pcdeveloper2014's actions misleading at best and down right fraudulent at worst. I will keep an eye out for any antennas that appear to be re-purposed as Terminator Extremes, and appreciate any others who would like to join in the hunt in the name of science. If any are found perhaps we can get a test between them and the Terminator Extreme as well :sunglasses:

Sunglasses or not whichAntenna, youve done nothing to help people on this forum to improve there game,skills,or equipment and any thread I start is for those goals only and theyve been successful in doing that for the people. Anyone who follows my threads I would hope have the same goals in mind and most do. You however are not here for that reason and I dont welcome you here. Youve done nothing but be negative and stir the pot in the name of so called "truth and transparency". Nothing about your intentions here are truthful or transparent.
Horizon made it transparent when we discovered the chinese panels that the technology is already out there, but its poor, and rather than a huge production markup they found it wiser to rebuild a product w/ their expertise and make it better. They have been transparent w/ this and the outrage is gone! There is nothing fraudulent in theyre practice. The only thing fraudulent is your intensions here[emoji41]

And I dont think youre really adding anything positive to this vs thread either @kylemaxx ! I suggest both of you get outdoors and fly one these panels then post your results here, good or bad. Thats what this post was started for!!

Sunglasses or not whichAntenna, youve done nothing to help people on this forum to improve there game,skills,or equipment and any thread I start is for those goals only and theyve been successful in doing that for the people. Anyone who follows my threads I would hope have the same goals in mind and most do. You however are not here for that reason and I dont welcome you here. Youve done nothing but be negative and stir the pot in the name of so called "truth and transparency". Nothing about your intentions here are truthful or transparent.
Horizon made it transparent when we discovered the chinese panels that the technology is already out there, but its poor, and rather than a huge production markup they found it wiser to rebuild a product w/ their expertise and make it better. They have been transparent w/ this and the outrage is gone! There is nothing fraudulent in theyre practice. The only thing fraudulent is your intensions here[emoji41]

Personally I disagree with you on this one brother (which I don't often disagree with your point of view) so sorry man nothing personal here.

I think @whichAntenna is just "calling a duck .. A duck" as the saying goes. Time and again there have been concerns raised. And I think most people don't like to hear the truth no matter how much they say they want to hear it.
Seems to me that whichantenna is just calling it how it is.

Or at least that's how I see it.

And I dont think youre really adding anything positive to this vs thread either @kylemaxx ! I suggest both of you get outdoors and fly one these panels then post your results here, good or bad. Thats what this post was started for!!

Unfortunately that isn't possible because I wouldn't be caught dead paying those outrageous prices for a Chinese panel antenna which is available without spray paint and the ugly sticker for a fraction of the price.

I completely disagree. What negatives have I brought to this thread? I have simply requested a test between antennas in a thread that literally has antenna a vs antenna b in the title. My apologizes if I have misinterpreted the purpose of this thread.

Again if a cheaper solution is not helpful or useful to you that is certainly ok but I don't think it is fair to assume that knowledge wouldn't be helpful to anyone else in the UAV space. If a comparable antenna (not necessary superior) is available for a fraction of the cost I would think that is a win win for everyone. Think of it as different models of cars, lets say a normal Mustang GT and a GT500. Both exist because they meet different consumer needs, sure the GT500 has vastly superior performance which may be awesome for some but not everyone needs all that power which is why you will see far more GT's on the road. In your case you want the GT500 because your going for all out distance runs and your environment is very suitable for that :sunglasses:. Others (like myself) are in an environment where those results will not be achieved regardless of antenna. My intentions are more based around the people that fall into that second group. If we can prove an antenna can meet their needs for their environment at a fraction of the cost I just can't see how that's not helpful information.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
I have the Chinese panel, the Maxxrange, and if someone would gift me or loan me a Terminator, I will get my friend who did the Chinese panel vs Maxxrange side by side test (in this post Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!) and do it against the terminator. We will do 2 tests (as we both only have 2 batteries) at the same time side by side for apples to apples unbiased results in an urban scenario. We will do the test in the exact same spot. I can start a new post as to not confuse people as well.

Seeing that transparency is very important to people, I am stating upfront that I am not a vendor, a test pilot, or have any affiliation with any vendor. But if someone wants to make me a test pilot, I'll do it lol.

Not taking it personal[emoji41]this is just a hobby! But this thread was started to compare antenna A (Maxx) against antenna B ( terminator) so if you dont wish to buy or fly one because you dont like the company, then buy the other. If you want to show that there's other options, thats awesome, but start a thread saying " this vs that" or " want a cheap alternative to ******"! This thread was started to check out these two antennas and a few on here have done some interesting tests. Lately its gotten lost to posts that really could be another subject. Probably even a popular one if you guys are ACTUALLY willing to get outside and test the alternative instead of just talking about it.

Reactions: B_Squared
If this post were about aux batteries it would be very different. No one is doubting that the antenna panels work. They do work!

The question is are their obscene markup from cost substantiated with results.

If this thread were about aux batteries and there was a model a battery that gave 7 extra minutes for $10 and I came out with a model b battery that face you 10 extra minutes for $90 people will buy both because people have different budgets and needs.

Now if someone is browsing eBay one day and noticed my exact same model B battery on there for $3 without my sweet rattle can paint and sticker. And that person says hey isn't this the same battery for a fraction of the price?

I know for sure people would investigate !! And I know you would Want to know too !!
I would almost bet that you would be one of the first to do a head to head between my $90 model b that I was selling and the eBay model b that costs $3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak