LOST MY DRONE! HELP :(

Reaction score
HI.

I LOST MY PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED. I FLEW IT LIKE ALWAYS AND CALIBRATE EVERYTHING BEFORE FLY. BUT THE APPS SAID "DISCONNECTED" AND I WAITED FOR THE RTH FUNCTION LIKE ALWAYS BUT I'VE BEEN WAITING THERE FOR AN HOUR IT NEVER RETURNED. PLEASE CHECK. THANKS!

I'VE LOST MY PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED - I FLEW LIKE I NORMALLY DO; CALIBRATED AND SET LIKE USUAL BUT IT WAS "DISCONNECTED" AND I WAITED FOR THE DRONE TO RETURN TO HOME (RTH) BUT IT EVER SHOWED UP AND NOW I DONT KNOW WHERE AND WHY DID THIS HAPPEN. I HOPE YOU CAN CHECK THE CAUSE OF THIS. PLEASE HELP.
THANK YOU.

I'VE ATTACHED MY FLIGHT DETAILS BELOW FOR YOUR RECORDS (LINK)
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

i don't think so. because i asked the KL Tower security and they haven't received any drone crash or such things :(

Reactions: Craig H
At 10 mins it started to head home but then appears the downlink was restored and it went back into GPS. At 10m 22s it stopped and started to move away from you. I think there is a way to analyze the controls but not with this.

The fact you even have a log means you had a connection and perhaps you took back control once the downlink was re-established. But at 750 feet, almost twice the legal limit in the US, I'm guessing the birdy encountered some heavy winds.

Interested to hear what others think but my guess is the thing simply blew away up in the clouds.

I'm no expert, but you had battery problems after 35 sec. Never take risks with a bad battery. You should have landed right away. With no warnings at the end, I would say your battery died. If not that, someone shot it and everything died instantly, which I doubt.

screenshot12.png

You lost the link because you flew behind the tower. It will have initiated RTH, but the tower was directly in the path home. Since it didn't make it home, and has no obstacle avoidance, the only reasonable conclusion is that it did hit the tower.

Reactions: Gerard Lim
it didn't hit the tower. i've been to the tower for 2 days to ask about any drone crash but they said there's no drone crash :(

Reactions: Gary Cooper
At 10 mins it started to head home but then appears the downlink was restored and it went back into GPS. At 10m 22s it stopped and started to move away from you. I think there is a way to analyze the controls but not with this.

The fact you even have a log means you had a connection and perhaps you took back control once the downlink was re-established. But at 750 feet, almost twice the legal limit in the US, I'm guessing the birdy encountered some heavy winds.

Interested to hear what others think but my guess is the thing simply blew away up in the clouds.

WHAT DO U MEAN BY BLEW AWAY IN THE CLOUDS? :'(

Your misinformed like many people are on here. The 400' altitude is only a recommendation, it is not a law. Not that I don't think it's a good idea but still not the "legal limit" as you put it..

it won't hit the tower because i was flying above the tower and if the rth works well, i've already set the rth altitude to 120m which means it's going to be higher than the tower.

400 feet is not a law but don't fly above and put airplanes at risk. I recently suffered the same kind of disconnect. Storm wind blew it away and disconnected. It tried to fly home but it crashed into a tree. I found the craft exactly where the map stated it would be. Luckily it survived with no physical damage.

If I had to guess looking at map you did crash. It could have fallen to ground or being that high up it could have blown away like the other person said.

it won't hit the tower because i was flying above the tower and if the rth works well, i've already set the rth altitude to 120m which means it's going to be higher than the tower.

Unfortunately the RTH height is above takeoff position. The tower is over 300 m tall, so 120 m is not enough. And you were not flying above the tower - your last recorded altitude was only 230 m.

Reactions: Larry L
View attachment 87360

You lost the link because you flew behind the tower. It will have initiated RTH, but the tower was directly in the path home. Since it didn't make it home, and has no obstacle avoidance, the only reasonable conclusion is that it did hit the tower.
You nailed it. It had an instant power loss. It probably crashed to the ground and someone left with the parts as a souvenir.

KL Tower is the seventh-tallest tower in the world by pinnacle height at 421 m (1,381 ft) according to Wikipedia. What I don't understand is it started to "Go Home" at 10m 2s. 13 seconds later it goes back into GPS. It was headed straight for the tower when it changed direction, almost as if it was going navigate around it.

upload_2017-8-26_11-22-32.png

One last thing I noticed not explained yet. There was a battery warning at 35.8s then at 1m 8.9s it started to "Go Home" and eventually initiated "auto landing" at 1m 42.6s which was ultimately cancelled. Were any of those actions initiated by you? Or was the drone trying to save itself?

Reactions: Gerard Lim
I've had a look on Google Street View.

Even if the KL tower wasn't enough to make you lose signal, then the Kelab Reno and all the other buildings right next to where you were standing certainly would have been. The KL tower is on the other side of this building.

Tower.jpg

I agree - lost signal and crashed on the way home, probably into the KL tower, no matter what security might say..

Reactions: rustybucket

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez