Litchi for P3

Thanks for the info. I'll stick with GO for the time being, i'm not letting the bird out of sight however. The disconnects I get are pretty serious as there is no way to reconnect until I land and restart everything, i'm just left with a grey screen with no info whatsoever. I might start a separate thread to see if others are experiencing the same thing
Have you tried exiting t?he app and then restarting it. I have tried this a couple of times and it worked. The plane reconnected and I brought her home

Have you tried exiting t?he app and then restarting it. I have tried this a couple of times and it worked. The plane reconnected and I brought her home
Unfortunately that doesn't work, have tried. It's a pretty scary scenario if i'm honest even if RTH still works.

Guys, I haven't been using Litchi, but I'm highly interested when it's a real product. I have some basic questions I'm curious about, understanding how autonomously the s/w works, if at all.

1. When a course is plotted, such as a waypoint list or POI setup, are a full set of nav instructions uploaded to the craft to execute after enabling, and the craft continues to execute those nav directions till completion, able to execute autonomously?
or...
2. Does the controller feed the instructions to the craft, one by one as each one is executed?

I tend to think it works like #2, since it was stated you have some correction control capability during the flight.

If the craft was fully autonomous and would execute directions without a continuous controller connection, there would be some great advantages for long distance missions, such as going around a mountain more safely, in which case you would likely lose a connection from the controller. I assume that anytime the controller connection is lost using Litchi that a RTH still activates, same as with the DJI app, that's part of the craft firmware, correct?

Guys, I haven't been using Litchi, but I'm highly interested when it's a real product. I have some basic questions I'm curious about, understanding how autonomously the s/w works, if at all.

1. When a course is plotted, such as a waypoint list or POI setup, are a full set of nav instructions uploaded to the craft to execute after enabling, and the craft continues to execute those nav directions till completion, able to execute autonomously?
or...
2. Does the controller feed the instructions to the craft, one by one as each one is executed?

I tend to think it works like #2, since it was stated you have some correction control capability during the flight.

If the craft was fully autonomous and would execute directions without a continuous controller connection, there would be some great advantages for long distance missions, such as going around a mountain more safely, in which case you would likely lose a connection from the controller. I assume that anytime the controller connection is lost using Litchi that a RTH still activates, same as with the DJI app, that's part of the craft firmware, correct?
Good question.. something I wondered as well. But I tend to think the mission is stored internally to the P3. In that the transmitter could theoretically be shut off and the mission would still run. Just my guess

#1. Long distance!

It loads mission to craft. However it has options that allow you to frame shot as you go if you choose.

But you can start mission and set it 2 miles away and lay controller down.

Reactions: III% Streve
It loads mission to craft. However it has options that allow you to frame shot as you go if you choose.

But you can start mission and set it 2 miles away and lay controller down.
What if the controller loses it's connection, such as turning off the controller? Is it autonomous up until the end of the mission, then RTH?

I have not shut controller off and tried but have flown 75 missions with ultimate and v+. It always came home and hovered at last way point. Litchi has extra options for ending that you can choose. I can say I have sent it on a mission circling around me about 3 miles total and laid rc on front step and got a soda. Came out to find it hovering at 100 feet at last wp.

Reactions: III% Streve
This will be a very interesting product if it's truly autonomous as believed. I'm giddy with possibilities. I look forward to someone testing it's autonomous prowess. Maybe the first test could be folding the antennas down after executing a mission that takes the craft 2mi away and back. That would certainly build confidence of how autonomous Litchi is. If that works, maybe someone would be brave enough to turn off their controller after starting a mission to see if it immediately starts RTH or finishes it's mission first.

I have no issues with shutting controller off to show it works

Actually, turning off the transmitter might trigger a RTH. So it could be interesting to see what happens

Will try it. Missions are a blast. I have a river about a mile and half away and used to send the v+ to river and fly 10 feet above water and follow bends on river up over dam to lake. I know the v+ did not rth on controller off. Once mission was uploaded it would do its thing. The p3 you have to flip switch to f mode to run mission. If it's still in range going back to p mode will stop mission.

it's been confirmed that the mission will continue even if you lose connection with the controller (ie, turn controller off)... however, DJI has been making bunch of changes to the SDK (such as reducing max speed, reducing max distance, starting mission only when the craft is airborne) so who knows what it will look like once the product is commercially available.

I have been fighting with myself as to buying Litchi just for the testing. But did manage to get access to Ground Station. Im more liking the ability to use my iPad for its size though. Such a crazy battle!!

Some additional cool features added to litchi today, including POIs to the GS waypoint feature (camera can look at various POIs while flying the programmed waypoints. Unfortunately I'm traveling so can't test, but they are doing some great worl developing this app.

Some additional cool features added to litchi today, including POIs to the GS waypoint feature (camera can look at various POIs while flying the programmed waypoints. Unfortunately I'm traveling so can't test, but they are doing some great worl developing this app.

most interesting new feature = Follow-me without the remote control! Follow-me via a separate phone app (currently only android, IOS coming shortly). the location setting is sent from the slave phone so the bird follows the slave phone instead of having to follow the remote control... put on a waterproof case and you can surf or ski.

Reactions: SENC
I agree. The poi thing rocks. Not regretting sending my solo back one bit!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Reactions: SENC
@SENC

What can you do
with DroneLogbook
  • Log your flights info: drone, place, equipment, pilots, weather conditions...etc
  • Check your total flying times.
  • Report your flight incidents.
  • List your equipment and their maintenance tasks.
  • Create battery log book to manage charge history.
  • Store your documents: pilot license, certifications..etc.
  • Create PDF reports of your data, for a given period, pilot or drone.
  • Attach any external media urls to a flight. Show your media book on the iPad application.
  • Map your flying places and their regulations.
  • Log file analyzer: review all flight parameters, map trace and graph altitude; directly from your drone log files.
  • Our website is designed to work well on desktop, smartphone and tablets.

Reactions: bimmy and SENC
Have you used it? What do you think of it?

Regarding Litchi, have you figured out the utility/purpose of the batch waypoint dialogue box?

@SENC

What can you do
with DroneLogbook
  • Log your flights info: drone, place, equipment, pilots, weather conditions...etc
  • Check your total flying times.
  • Report your flight incidents.
  • List your equipment and their maintenance tasks.
  • Create battery log book to manage charge history.
  • Store your documents: pilot license, certifications..etc.
  • Create PDF reports of your data, for a given period, pilot or drone.
  • Attach any external media urls to a flight. Show your media book on the iPad application.
  • Map your flying places and their regulations.
  • Log file analyzer: review all flight parameters, map trace and graph altitude; directly from your drone log files.
  • Our website is designed to work well on desktop, smartphone and tablets.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl