Litchi for P3

Reaction score
It seems a good number of us are beginning to experiment with the Litchi app. Unfortunately, documentation is sparse and though the developer is very engaged and responsive in the litchi google group, I find that format less user friendly for general discussion - so though we could use this thread to learn from each other about Litchi functionality, tips, and tricks.

I've only flown it a couple times, but impressed with the stability and functions so far. For those from the no hack thread, litchi still has 32 channels on auto - so that is still possible it seems within the firmware.

It does not appear to have any camera settings (at least that I've found). Assuming they cannot be changed, does anyone know what the settings are? Or are they auto exposure? What video quality and frame rate? Max?

Reactions: rrmccabe
It seems a good number of us are beginning to experiment with the Litchi app. Unfortunately, documentation is sparse and though the developer is very engaged and responsive in the litchi google group, I find that format less user friendly for general discussion - so though we could use this thread to learn from each other about Litchi functionality, tips, and tricks.

I've only flown it a couple times, but impressed with the stability and functions so far. For those from the no hack thread, litchi still has 32 channels on auto - so that is still possible it seems within the firmware.

It does not appear to have any camera settings (at least that I've found). Assuming they cannot be changed, does anyone know what the settings are? Or are they auto exposure? What video quality and frame rate? Max?
Good idea

I am in same boat. No camera settings yet. He has a poll for what next on the Google groups page. That's a good indication of what is missing. Camera settings is one.

Following.

Tagging Ryan @dunginhawk

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SENC

all the camera settings made in dji go are keptwhen you switch app.. sorta sucks but you need to make your settings than quit and reload litchi.

all the camera settings made in dji go are keptwhen you switch app.. sorta sucks but you need to make your settings than quit and reload litchi.
I wondered about that - better than no ability to control them at all, so I can live with that! To your knowledge, does the same go for gain/expo and other control adjustments like gimbal? This makes it a good thing we can use both GO and litchi on the same firmware.

I did experiment with setting up some waypoints in the app tonight and look forward to flying them tomorrow.

I wondered about that - better than no ability to control them at all, so I can live with that! To your knowledge, does the same go for gain/expo and other control adjustments like gimbal? This makes it a good thing we can use both GO and litchi on the same firmware.

I did experiment with setting up some waypoints in the app tonight and look forward to flying them tomorrow.

yes, gain/expo and other adjustments are actually stored on the gimbal/camera. (that's why you can only change them when the camera is connected)..

coolest new feature = curved way point with joystick control between 2 waypoints...

coolest new feature = curved way point with joystick control between 2 waypoints...
Can you explain that? Have not ran across that yet.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Great idea....

I have played with Ltchi but have not flown with it yet.

How do you safely exit a POI flight and return control to the flyer?

Sorry, I can only see it for P2. I went to flylitchi.com.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
It is only available for P2 but if you buy it you can sign up for Alpha testing on P3

Am I going to have the P3 version alpha as soon as I sign up for it? Or is it a pool that people or pick up from ?
Its pretty much automatic. You buy the app and sign up for Alpha. Within a few hours your play store app will update to your Alpha app.

You need to follow all the directions. Manually install the latest firmware SDK thats just been out a few days.

Here are the details.

In order to get the alpha version which supports the P3/Inspire1, you will need to join this google forum/group:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vision-plus-app-alpha-testers/join

Assuming you already own the app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aryuthere.visionplus), you will then receive alpha updates automatically through the play store.

Firmware links can be found here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-KZ2g2eD63FRXJ4NndMYWx3ZEk&usp=sharing

These firmwares are required if you want to test autonomous flight modes (currently GS, Follow me and POI) on the P3 or I1.

In order to use autonomous flight modes on P3 and I1, you need to flip the controller switch to the F position. You also need to make sure that IOC is disabled.

If you need to regain control at any time, you will be able to do so by flipping the mode switch back to P.

Please make sure you understand the risks if you decide to give it a try!

Thank you for your interest

Thank you so much for the secret info. The Litchi people should have a gateway with instructions. They could start mKing money on it for the P3 without releasing a production package! And within correct morals.

Well it's not secret. It's all published. Just not easy to find. I doubt he wants everyone to buy it as its a public finished app. What is complete works well!

Ok, well thanks. I missed it. I do appreciate the work these SDK companies are doing. I can't wait to start flying ground mapping missions.

i just bought a p3 professional and this reads interesting :)

I have been using the Litchi app (Alpha) on my P3A and it seems just fine. This is just one guy developing an app that he sells for no money at all and answers almost every question thrown at him. This compared the DJI who provide a mediocre app with the machine (and its not free - it costs anywhere from $700 to $1300 depending on what Phantom you get) and a support system that sucks. Sure instruction manuals for the Litchi are missing but its still just an Alpha version and the guy sure ain't getting rich from his work. Have patience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wilfros
Have had a couple nice flights on litchi and liking it so far. Smooth and no issues flying or at controller. Orbit works well and as expected. I'm having trouble with waypoints, though. I have built an 8 waypoint mission in the litchi app, saved it, "loaded" it, but I can't figure out how to fly it. I'll take off, test hover to make sure all is well, maneuver to a safe spot with no encumbrances between it and the first waypoint, and press play - which results in an error message stating GS mission not initiated. Is there a step I'm missing?

I'm on the latest litchi app, latest sdk firmware, and using a barebones nexus 7 with android 5.1.1 to fly my p3p.

Hit the play button on left. "triangle". Should start the process.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1