Litchi for P3

Have to make sure IOC is enabled and toggle the switch over to F I believe it is before you hit go.
Had the s1 switch toggled, but thought I'd read the opposite about IOC - and now that I think about it don't recall a place to enable in litchi - will go experiment some more.

I'll take off, test hover to make sure all is well, maneuver to a safe spot with no encumbrances between it and the first waypoint, and press play - which results in an error message stating GS mission not initiated. Is there a step I'm missing?
Try adjusting the Cruising Speed and RC Speed sliders. This init error (which I also get sometimes) seems to be a bug from the new SDK and I have not found the cause yet (if there is even one).

Also no need to worry too much about IOC and multiple flight modes, they are handled by the app automatically now. You should no longer need to modify these settings.

Reactions: SENC
Thanks, @Kaehn. Still no luck, but will experiment with the sliders tomorrow. POI works great and loving the app overall - very stout for an alpha! I'll re-review the group forum page, but any new larnings on how the sliders function (I agree, dji's explanation leaves a LOT to be desired)?

When I get the init error, I just play with the 2 speed sliders until it works (I know that sounds weird..).
There may be other settings that can affect this, but at this point I don't really know which ones. Also make sure to take off first, as you can only start a mission if the aircraft is flying at least 1m high.

Just replied to you on the group @Kaehn

That seemed to work but had to load another mission and go back to it. As if the RC speed change was not overwriting the mission that was on the bird.

Sound right?

Just replied to you on the group @Kaehn

That seemed to work but had to load another mission and go back to it. As if the RC speed change was not overwriting the mission that was on the bird.

Sound right?
Thanks, Rich, your tip did the trick for me - I created a 2nd mission. The 2nd one loaded and ran fine, and then the original one did, too. I'm really enjoying this litchi app and the developer support is phenomenal. Great stuff if you're ok with the risk of being and alpha/beta tester - but I suppose as early adopters we're all testers for dji, too. Here is a video of the waypoint mission - warning, it is a bit dizzying as I was playing with the heading options so I could try to understand them.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do we have any idea when DJI SDK/FW will be released and we will actually be able to use Litchi as customers, not as alpha/beta testers?

I have been having some issues with DJI GO and tempted with this app, is it simple to use for a cautious beginner like myself?

Reactions: DMac
I have been having some issues with DJI GO and tempted with this app, is it simple to use for a cautious beginner like myself?
Not ready to be a replacement for go yet. Lacking in camera controls

Reactions: King Luff
Well in my case the Go works fine. So unless I am running a mission I would not want to use Litchi. Its a great mission program but is very incomplete for a replacement app. You would have to go back to Go to not only make a camera change but any other setting as well.

I would try to resolve your issue with Go. I am sure you have tried but right now for your main app its the way to go. You can also try Utlimate flight app. It has camera functionality but I dont like it nearly as well. More an interface thing for me. Little buggy too.

You would have to go back to Go to not only make a camera change but any other setting as well.
What other setting are you referring to that is vital? Camera settings will come at some point.

Litchi is not meant to be a replacement for DJI Go. It is meant to enable you to do autonomous flights. The FPV mode is there simply because it is no extra work for us to add it.
Litchi has many other features than just an advanced GS/mission mode. There is an Orbit mode, Follow mode, and a VR mode.
One of the reasons we are still in alpha is because the developer firmware is not a release firmware.

Have had a couple nice flights on litchi and liking it so far. Smooth and no issues flying or at controller. Orbit works well and as expected. I'm having trouble with waypoints, though. I have built an 8 waypoint mission in the litchi app, saved it, "loaded" it, but I can't figure out how to fly it. I'll take off, test hover to make sure all is well, maneuver to a safe spot with no encumbrances between it and the first waypoint, and press play - which results in an error message stating GS mission not initiated. Is there a step I'm missing?

I'm on the latest litchi app, latest sdk firmware, and using a barebones nexus 7 with android 5.1.1 to fly my p3p.
You need to install the developer firmware with full sdk functionality. I had the same thing happen to me.

Download it here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-KZ2g2eD63FRXJ4NndMYWx3ZEk&usp=sharing

Also make sure your controller is switched to "F" and not "P" when you start it up.

Well in my case the Go works fine. So unless I am running a mission I would not want to use Litchi. Its a great mission program but is very incomplete for a replacement app. You would have to go back to Go to not only make a camera change but any other setting as well.

I would try to resolve your issue with Go. I am sure you have tried but right now for your main app its the way to go. You can also try Utlimate flight app. It has camera functionality but I dont like it nearly as well. More an interface thing for me. Little buggy too.
Thanks for the info. I'll stick with GO for the time being, i'm not letting the bird out of sight however. The disconnects I get are pretty serious as there is no way to reconnect until I land and restart everything, i'm just left with a grey screen with no info whatsoever. I might start a separate thread to see if others are experiencing the same thing

Just make sure you have your RTH set high enough if your flying allows it.

The thing will come home without the app.

What tablet again?

I don't mind playing with the Alpha version of the app. I know things like camera controls will come soon. The main reason I wanted Litchi is to fly above the ridiculous 500m limit (stupid when you are flying over mountains) and to do ultra smooth orbits.

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere.. I saw that you need to run the newest SDK firmware. Does the beta firmware work as well. Kinda assuming it would since the features are all available there.

Just make sure you have your RTH set high enough if your flying allows it.

The thing will come home without the app.

What tablet again?
First thing i did was set the RTH to 50m, enough to clear everything where i fly. I'm using a Nexus 6, latest firmware and GO downloaded from DJI. I'd be happy with basic features and a reliable app as at the moment i do not trust GO enough to unleash the distance this thing can do.

First thing i did was set the RTH to 50m, enough to clear everything where i fly. I'm using a Nexus 6, latest firmware and GO downloaded from DJI. I'd be happy with basic features and a reliable app as at the moment i do not trust GO enough to unleash the distance this thing can do.

I would try turning off the local video caching, and maybe try the manual channel hack to find clean channels. Bump your preview quality down to low as well while you are there.

I would try turning off the local video caching, and maybe try the manual channel hack to find clean channels. Bump your preview quality down to low as well while you are there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers