Litchi for P3

@SENC I have not used it. For logs it would have to automatically upload from my tablet for me to be interested. If it did that then I would be on-board. I just stole that from their site so have no experience.

As far as batch way-point. No, I am just starting to catch up with last release and spent an hour reading about the new POI deal and features on new release. I am amazed.

I think DJI may have upped their SDK game a little trying to bury 3DR. Seems that way to me. I see cool things happening and Litchi is leading the way. I uninstalled my Ultimate Flight app from my devices. No reason to have it.

Reactions: SENC
@SENC I have not used it. For logs it would have to automatically upload from my tablet for me to be interested. If it did that then I would be on-board. I just stole that from their site so have no experience.

As far as batch way-point. No, I am just starting to catch up with last release and spent an hour reading about the new POI deal and features on new release. I am amazed.

I think DJI may have upped their SDK game a little trying to bury 3DR. Seems that way to me. I see cool things happening and Litchi is leading the way. I uninstalled my Ultimate Flight app from my devices. No reason to have it.
I agree about the auto upload - it would be nice to have dji and litchi logs all in one place, though.

Also agree about litchi and the waypoint/poi evolution. Extremely cool stuff. Are you reading about poi somewhere other than the litchi google group?

All my info comes from the Google Group. I have a hard time there as the format is not the best. but took time and struggled through it today.

Does anyone know it the Litchi is supporting Google Cardboard mode with their P3 Beta app?

Does anyone know it the Litchi is supporting Google Cardboard mode with their P3 Beta app?
yes, it works well.. i wouldn't necessarily use cardboard though since you have to hold it to your face. get one of the fancier ones with straps

yes, it works well.. i wouldn't necessarily use cardboard though since you have to hold it to your face. get one of the fancier ones with straps

I have the Note 4 and use the Gear VR, though I will have to bypass the GVR's USB port.

yea, you're going to have to rig it a bit by drilling a hole on the opposite end of the gear VR to put in another USB plug.... or just pick up a cheapo one on amazon, $20

OK going to preface this with a disclaimer saying I have no idea what I am doing.

<<<< That should be obvious from the fact I have a raccoon on my shoulder that wants a drink of my beer!

So... This is a VERY quick rundown of a few features on Litchi software for those that know less than I do about it. If there is anything I am incorrect about please chime in.

Please note this is August 19th 2015 and the developer is very quick to add features. So tomorrow I am sure there will be more.

The video comes to an end quickly as I planned to fade to the mission shown running on the DJI developer simulator. I have not done that yet but hope to soon.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OK going to preface this with a disclaimer saying I have no idea what I am doing.

<<<< That should be obvious from the fact I have a raccoon on my shoulder that wants a drink of my beer!

So... This is a VERY quick rundown of a few features on Litchi software for those that know less than I do about it. If there is anything I am incorrect about please chime in.

Please note this is August 19th 2015 and the developer is very quick to add features. So tomorrow I am sure there will be more.

The video comes to an end quickly as I planned to fade to the mission shown running on the DJI developer simulator. I have not done that yet but hope to soon.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Well done, Rich, thanks!

So I just got the P3 beta app and am waiting for my Note 4 to charge. After reading a bunch of stuff on Google Groups I decided it would be best to come here and find out from people that are using the Litchi app how to best get this working. Like what firmware for starters?

My P3P has been flying quite well with the current firmware. What are the chances bad things will happen?
There is risk of failure for sure. This app is actually in alpha stage.

As much as I like the app I don't think I would recommend it to anyone that did not want to follow the group info daily. You need to stay on top of correct sdk firmware and litchi releases.

This is not a problem with litchi although it's possible, but also the sdk that dji is releasing to test.

As and example I read something about duplicating way points could cause (csc) motors to shut off mid air. This is a dji issue but obviously serious.

Flyer beware.

Reactions: SENC
An excellent video tutorial. I found it very helpful indeed. It cleared up some points I wasn' sure about and gave a lot of new, useful info. Will you be posting the actual flight video or simulator?

Thanks again and keep those videos coming

Philip I was just going to run it on the simulator so you could view how it acted. But some some reason my simulator is dog slow with the latest version and the app is hanging up. Maybe I will do a mission that is simpler and fly the actual mission and post video.

Philip I was just going to run it on the simulator so you could view how it acted. But some some reason my simulator is dog slow with the latest version and the app is hanging up. Maybe I will do a mission that is simpler and fly the actual mission and post video.

So I am still a bit concerned about the firmware messing up my current flight characteristics. I was researching on the DJI forums and found a service .bin file that can be used to roll back the currently installed firmware to a previous version. I am thinking of doing the change to the SDK and if I have any issues use the service.bin to come back to where I am now. What do you think?

I have no experience with the service.bin trick so cant help on that.

There is reason for concern although I have had no issues.

So I am still a bit concerned about the firmware messing up my current flight characteristics. I was researching on the DJI forums and found a service .bin file that can be used to roll back the currently installed firmware to a previous version. I am thinking of doing the change to the SDK and if I have any issues use the service.bin to come back to where I am now. What do you think?

You may want to experiment with that service.bin file even working before hand. I heard dji wrote code to corrupt those files and I'm not sure if anyone has put any time into a work around yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers