Just confirmed I have ESC 2.1, here's my Serial Number

Weird, I bought mine from UAVDirect on 12/15 and my serial is much later than everyone else? PH645472XXX

houstonpilot said:
woobisah said:
Weird, I bought mine from UAVDirect on 12/15 and my serial is much later than everyone else? PH645472XXX

Do you know your ESC version?

Sorry, I haven't opened it as of yet. The weather is so bad where I live, I've been waiting for this to pan out anyway. I can also confirm I don't have the additional 4 beeps.

THIS IS ANOTHER PERSONAL IN ANOTHER THREAD

So my New Version Phantom 2 has:

-New 2312 motors
-ESCs without the "V2.0" or "V2.1" next to the QR Code software sticker.
-The power on Chime sound does not have the 4 extra beep tones at the end.
-On power on, there is no red LED lights on initiation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jph18PU ... e=youtu.be
-My Serial number is "PH645413862 V2.0"

Some stated that if you do not have the 4 extra beeps on power on then you have ESCs V2.0 despite not having the "V2.0" on the white QR code sticker. Can someone confirm this.

Also can someone confirm that serial numbers that start with PH645413 matches all the things that mine has. Or if you have the "Vx.x" on your ESC sticker what is your serial number.

As of right now I feel that despite not having the "V2.0" on ESC sticker, Not having the 4 extra beep tones on start up means I have V2.0 software. I will continue to fly the Phantom until there is new information.

-Ok so I have had 2 crashes with my Phantom where the ESCs were sure to have been overloaded / motors would have had sudden stops. 20+ flights later the phantom is still functioning properly without any obvious sighs of ESC trouble. This makes me feel that these ESCs do have the correct updated software.

-Now we need to find someone who can contradict my situation. Who has the non "V2.0" ESCs with No extra 4 beep tones who crashed / tipped over and has burnt bad ESC or Motor wires.

updated 1:49pm CST (see below)

dji-esc-log.PNG

Eltrochaphantom said:
houstonpilot said:
updated 1:49pm CST (see below)

dji-esc-log.PNG

Not according to this

actually, that table doesn't show the last 3 digits for privacy reasons. It simply means they have very close serial numbers, but I assure you that if you see the entire number, it would be unique. After-all, the whole point of serial numbers is to identify a specific unit of a product.

Nvm I meant the first Six numbers.

I misunderstood

P2v+ v3

ESC 2.1 and vented wifi.

Purchased on the 6th Dec 2014

Purchased from Marionville Models in Scotland, UK

No beeps at start up.

S/N PH645418xxx

interesting to see a version 2.1 on an earlier serial number. Perhaps an updated batch were going to Europe, and were for some reason receiving the update earlier than subsequent batches destined for the States? Of course we need more data to paint a better picture. Otherwise we're shooting in the dark. It might even be possible that they're serializing the shells, and then putting them on the assembly line in no particular order. We'll find out more as the data from users comes in.

dji-esc-log.PNG

Serial: ph645451
V3.0
ESC 2.0
No beeps after power-on tones

Bought mine off of amazon here in the USA

Maybe I m wrong but if the unit sold 645418xxx has esc v2.1 and the one unit 645451xxx has v2.0 escs doesn't that mean this graph will not work? Because the one that is newer 645451xxx has the old escs and the older serial number 645418xxx has the newer escs.

jasonb777 said:
Maybe I m wrong but if the unit sold 645418xxx has esc v2.1 and the one unit 645451xxx has v2.0 escs doesn't that mean this graph will not work? Because the one that is newer 645451xxx has the old escs and the older serial number 645418xxx has the newer escs.

I don't think we have enough data points yet to draw conclusions. We need more contributors. I do notice that the early serial number with esc 2.1 is also the only one on the list that was purchased in the UK, so maybe DJI was updating batches destined for Europe earlier than batches destined for the USA due to strong European consumer protection laws. That is purely speculation, but as we get more data from users, we'll be able to make more conclusive observations.

PH645450xxx = V2.0

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3