Good bye DJI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I expect to use my $1500 drone at any time - don't you?

It's a darn shame a company would rather lose a customer than offer an apology.

This past weekend, July 1st, 2017, DJI had a large scale infrastructure and authentication problem. This impacted, at a minimum, owners of the P4P, P4A and Inspire platforms. Anyone who had not logged off during the outage WERE NOT affected.

Those who logged out, updated firmware (causing a logout) or purchased new machines were continually met with a Network Unavailable error between Friday night and Monday morning. No support was available during the outage hours and DJI was unaware of the issue as it wasn’t corrected until 5 hours of DJI opening Monday. Support staff confirmed many tickets had been opened concerning the Network Unavailable error owners were experiencing. Yet DJI support teams were never made aware of the issue, the cause or that it was corrected and continually reached out to help 'fix' a problem internal to DJI.

There were many owners (I hesitate to use the word 'owner') who were unable to fly over the weekend. All of this due to this new mandatory logon requirement. One of those owners was myself. I owned an expensive piece of non-functioning plastic for those two days. We were assured this would never happen. I own 3 DJI products but won't purchase another while the logon policy is maintained.

The word from DJI - mum as usual, but a multitude of owners and new purchases were very vocal. I am one of those.

To date I have been banned from the DJI.com forum and the Official Phantom, Mavic and DJI Facebook pages all because I'm demanding an explanation and won't let it go. Will I be banned here, I hope not.

I say again - It's a darn shame a company would rather lose a customer (and it lost many this weekend) than simply offering an apology, cause of the outage and reassurance they were working to not let it happen again. Isn't this what you expect from a mature $10 Billion company?

Would Apple treat you this way? Heck No!

If you have DJI issues you would like to share please contact me at [email protected]. Only true accounts and provable incidents please. Supporting documentation is a must. I'm beginning work on the website today and hope to have something up shortly.

Last edited:
Best of luck to ya Mr Roach. I've been following dji forum and saw you were banned. What was interesting is that the dji mod came in and made it a point to say that you were banned. However made no mention of anything regarding the topic at hand. Customers have a right to know what is going on especially if they are dependent on the software. My opinion is this was dji testing there future lockdown system on airspace concerning drones.

Sometimes the power goes out at my house Sometimes my phone won't connect for phone calls. Sometimes the roads going where I'm going are closed.

You could not fly for 2 days? Sorry, not really seeing this as a big issue. Things happen. You'd be better if they apologized? Have you ask the person on the phone to offer one?

Best of luck to ya Mr Roach. I've been following dji forum and saw you were banned. What was interesting is that the dji mod came in and made it a point to say that you were banned. However made no mention of anything regarding the topic at hand. Customers have a right to know what is going on especially if they are dependent on the software. My opinion is this was dji testing there future lockdown system on airspace concerning drones.

I don't think it was a test, just incompetence, but this is an excellent illustration at any rate. With this new system DJI can lock you down and effectively destroy the expensive equipment you bought and own at any time without warning. This proves it. The apologists assured us that this would NEVER happen that DJI coukd NEVER screw up, and that new regulations could NEVER be passed, they were full of crap.

I will not "update" and until DJI gets rid of this retarded system I will never buy a drone from them again.

Me mocking: I bought my brand new drone and i had 20-35mph winds so I couldn't fly for 3 days. Gimme all the moneys

What do you expect from DJI? A simple apology? I wouldn't invest too much time on this....

It is disappointing to learn you were banned from the forum and Facebook. I can't be bothered with the seemingly cockeyed admin approach on the official forum, propaganda and sensorship at its best.

I love DJI products but I have to agreed with the OP. It feel that they use some kind of communist rules. Customers are not allow to express frustrations, instead, they block you or banned you. They need to change policies if they want to exist for more years to come.

I love DJI products but I have to agreed with the OP. It feel that they use some kind of communist rules. Customers are not allow to express frustrations, instead, they block you or banned you. They need to change policies if they want to exist for more years to come.

Welcome to China & how they run things , including how they respect consumers .

Welcome to China & how they run things , including how they respect consumers .

Totally agreed with you. Well, DJI is based on China and looks like that's their homeland policy that they apply as well worldwide.

Sometimes the power goes out at my house Sometimes my phone won't connect for phone calls. Sometimes the roads going where I'm going are closed.

You could not fly for 2 days? Sorry, not really seeing this as a big issue. Things happen. You'd be better if they apologized? Have you ask the person on the phone to offer one?

With all due respect this is the best reply I've seen all day my friend LOL @tcope .

Seriously... it was a "whoops" mistake and it was resolved within.. 5 hours of the correct people being alerted. That's really pretty good. We went without internet for over a week because a Network Engineer "located" our house in the wrong neighborhood and I ran a complete business via the internet. That was a tough week emotionally and financially but we survived....come to think of it AT&T never called to apologize. . . . .

Keep in mind these are toy/hobby grade R/C aircraft and not life or death machinery.

We want to stress this from the Phantom Pilots Community Rules page:

"Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community."

If you're really that upset about this DJI error wouldn't your time (and money) be better spent learning to set up and program your own DIY aircraft? This way you are in complete control of your flight parameters and no one can "Lock you out" of your R/C aircraft again.

Closed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl