New ESC v2.1 - Let's Share Our Data

Reaction score
Guys, I'm trying to see if we can start a log of product serial numbers to pin-point and quantify when the 2.1 ESC first started being installed in the DJI assembly-line.

Looking at the underbelly of My Phantom 2 Vision+ v3, the serial number, with last 3 digits obscured, is PH45468???, bought mid-December. My ESC version is unknown as I haven't opened her up yet.

2015-01-07%2002.50.47.jpg

For those that have opened up their phantoms, what are your serial numbers (obscure the last three digits) and ESC versions?

I believe the serial numbers are sequential, so we should be able to create a numeric range for the Blank ESC, the 2.0 ESC, and the 2.1 ESC. If we can then combine that with purchase data, we can figure out when our phantoms were minted, and perhaps also be able to determine our ESC number without opening our phantoms up. I just don't want to mess with the stickers on the shell, lol.

I don't think sharing serial #s is a good idea. And you should open yours up. Mine is from mid November and I don't have anything written on my esc. I have had over 200 hours of flight, and no issues

eyecon82 said:
I don't think sharing serial #s is a good idea. And you should open yours up. Mine is from mid November and I don't have anything written on my esc. I have had over 200 hours of flight, and no issues

I agree with you we shouldn't share the whole serial #. I've gone ahead and obscured the last 3 digits. By obscuring the last 3, we can still get a general idea of where our own units fall on the production-line sequence without revealing our specific unit's serial.

I purchased my Phantom 2 V2.0 on 12/8/14. The S/N starts with PH646012 (V2.0)(Model P330Z). The ESC inside are all V2.1. I need to replace two of them. I can't find a vendor that has them in-stock. All they have are V2.0. I called DJI, but they want me to ship the unit to them for repair. No further information was provided.

Curious as to how this happened. Out of the box, crash or tip over? This is the 1st one I have seen on a non vision and at 2.1. My non vision V2 was purchased in November has no version sticker on ESC, but no 4 beeps, no problems, so I assume it has been firmware upgraded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4