Just confirmed I have ESC 2.1, here's my Serial Number

Hi
Newbie to forum, bought my vision + v3 on the 23/01/2015 after 6 flights today I had a tip over on start up on grass. The phantom will not start up (no bleeps no lights) so I phoned my local dji dealer who said that I had burnt out the 2 ESC boards on the side which it tipped over (green rear) He also mentioned that if the boards were V2 I would have to replace all four boards but if they where the new boards v.2 .1 I would only have to replace the two boards. At the moment I don't feel confident to do the job myself so will most probably let my local dealer do the job. Looking at other posts I think I have the new motors with two black threads and two silver threads.

S/N ph645457

Hope this helps, so annoyed that I have blown the ESC with such little force whilst still on the ground!!

Does it say '2312' printed on the cans on the outside of the motors? If so they are the new ones

Then chances are not the new motors which means that 2.0 ESC's will work. HOWEVER, if you paid for the PT2V+ V3.0, you need to rerun and make them upgrade to the 2312's

Prylar Bek said:
Then chances are not the new motors which means that 2.0 ESC's will work. HOWEVER, if you paid for the PT2V+ V3.0, you need to rerun and make them upgrade to the 2312's

My new P2 V2.0 purchased 12/29/14 direct from DJI has the new motors based on the pics I've seen on here. They have the different base (only visible if you take the top off) and have the black prop studs on the clockwise motors. I'm under the impression from what I've seen, the black studs are an indication they are 2312's. They do not have the writing on the side. Definitely inconsistent. Still waiting to hear back from them on the ESC's which are blank.

I would agree, if you didn't get the latest, send it back. I hope that's not what I end up having to do. Sucks. :roll:

This is the BS response I just got back from DJI...

M. R. (DJI Technology)
Jan 27, 17:26

Dear XXX

Thank you for contacting DJI North America.

We are sorry to hear about your experience and we would be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, we have no control over any sales of products outside of what is purchased directly from our website. While we do agree that you should be provided with what you paid for, we would have no way of assisting in this matter, as the sale was not made through DJI.

Regarding your RMA, please note that our technicians make repairs based on damages. We do not issue RMA's for upgrades. If there were damaged ESC's, our technicians would replace them with the working parts, not an upgraded version of the part. We do not consider older versions of our components to be "damaged" just because there is an upgrade available, but rather view them as two completely separate components.

At this time, we recommend contacting the vendor that you purchased the unit from, directly, as they should provide you with what you paid for, if they did indeed advertise the model that they sold you as V3.0.

For future reference, please note that all orders placed on our official website will always be the most up-to-date versions of the models listed, but we would not be able to verify the same for any other vendor.

Finally, we can not provide you with a prepaid label to send your unit back to the dealer. We are only able to offer labels for units being shipped to our repair facility. In the future, if you require technical assistance or any repairs, we would be happy to take care of things for you.

You may contact us Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm PST at 818-235-0789.

Prylar Bek said:
Does it say '2312' printed on the cans on the outside of the motors? If so they are the new ones

My Phantom does not have the markings on the outside of the motors but they are definitely 2312 motors.

GREAT Mine just came back No markings and NO ESC 2.1 printed not the boards

Purchased from firstpersonview 7/3/2015, seial number starts PH646.

UKFlyer said:
I purchased my new V3 from firstpersonview after speaking to them about my concerns, they had assured me they had the latest stock direct from dji and it arrived yesterday :D
True to their word the serial number starts with PH646 which i've read is the latest model and it was very satisfying to see the new 2.1 esc's, vented wifi, gps shielding and sheilding with ferrite beads on the video and gps cables i think? Also good to see both batteries are the new PH2 self discharging type.
After charging up all the batteries i plugged the V3 into the pc to update the firmware, now in naza assistant it told me there was an update for the 3.12 firmware so i just decided to click the "upgrade all" at the bottom and a message popped up saying Status ok or something and no need to upgrade so after a basic imu calibration, tx calibrated in rc assistant all was good to go for my first flight today.
After a compass calibration i noticed how quickly it was connected to 10 satellites and up she goes, it flies flawlessly and holds a perfect hover, what amazed me the most was the fact that i was using the highest preview setting at 640x480x30fps and the live video was perfect on my galaxy s5, i only flew out to around 1000ft with about 180ft height but the video never lagged or anything. My old vision+ used to lag a bit on the high preview setting until i upgraded the antennas to the fpvlr stage 2 kit but this V3 is totally stock, no booster was used either because i forgot to turn it on. I've got the stage 2 kit on its way for this V3 so should be good for a bit of distance too when i fit those.
The new scroll/tilt on the tx is great too and just the job, a very smooth tilt is now possible and your finger is naturally placed there.

After todays perfect short flight i plugged it back into the naza assistant to set my parimeters and such and i noticed i had been flying on the 3.08 firmware!
That "upgrade all" button at the bottom is very misleading, it was not until i clicked on the actual update 3.12 a page come up saying do i wish to upgrade? so upgraded to 3.12 and done the usual power cycle. I wondered why i did not see any downloading or power cycle yesterday, looking back it did actually tell me their was an update but i closed the page without realising, the thing is why did it not upgrade to the 3.12 when i clicked "upgrade all"?
So the good news is that i can tell you she flies perfectly on the 3.08 firmware but i've not tried the 3.12 yet, wish me luck.
My V3, serial number starting PH646.

New 2.1 esc's, the wires look skinny though. Is this still a concern? I moved the wired off the mosfets and straightened the wires as best as i could.
2r6f6rq.jpg

GPS and plug now shielded.
iznkmd.jpg

vented wifi unit, sheilded cable with ferrite beads.
352hzio.jpg

more shielding and ferrite beads.
281ya7r.jpg

PH2 battery.
349778p.jpg

serial number 646 is the latest model i hear?
2z5vmn7.jpg

I will let you know how i get on with the new 3.12 firmware. :D

I Have a V2 Vision+ that I replaced an ESC in following a crash. Prior to the replacement it did not have the four post startup beeps but it most certainly has them now. I looked at the ESC I removed and it has no V# on the label. The box the replacement came in does not indicate a version. I've been considering upgrading the motors and ESCs anyway. The one replacement ESC did add the four beeps.

11/26/14 from dji no marking v2.0 ( resistor has a blue marking) resistor with yellow marking v2.1 as per dji

P2v+v3 Sorry about early post got wrong esc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik