I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work!

Re: I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work

Yep calibrated it about 15 times uninstalled and re installed about the same amount..... So frustrating

I installed everything , updated to 3.08 calibrated X11 or at least tried to. The slider dose t move all the way to the right. The camera is now at a 45 degree angle pointing down and very erratic. Any ideas I? I upgraded every thing on the upgrade page. How do I upgrade the new controller ? I don't see a download for it on DJI download page.

Mori55 said:
I installed everything , updated to 3.08 calibrated X11 or at least tried to. The slider dose t move all the way to the right. The camera is now at a 45 degree angle pointing down and very erratic. Any ideas I? I upgraded every thing on the upgrade page. How do I upgrade the new controller ? I don't see a download for it on DJI download page.
Did you calibrate the X1 on the RC assistant? once you do that, then the X1 slider when calibrating on Phantom assistant will move smoothly. Read my previous post where I explain it.

here is what I posted earlier on another post.

ry for the confusion. By page I mean on the same screen on the RC assistant, and yes you must calibrate the X1 as well. I will explain hopefully better. DJI tells you as well at the bottom of the same screen on the RC assistant that the U1 and X2 need not be calibrated, and that the X1 channel,"gimbal", should be calibrated on Phantom assistant. That is what I had been doing multiple times, and every time I calibrated X1 on the P2 assistant, it was a jerky proposition with the needle bouncing every which way with the resulting jerky gimbal in flight. Another member on the link I posted earlier finally came up with the solution which was to calibrate X1 on the RC assistant, and then do so again on P2 assistant. After calibrating the sticks on RC assistant, do not hit finish, but run the wheel to its stops in both directions. Watch the needle on X1 move to the stops, then hit finish. once I did that, the X1 calibration on P2 assistant went very smooth. I knew right then the gimbal was going to be ok, and it was.

jetlag

Yes I did calibrate X1. I had it all working on my old controller with the lever. But I decided to get the new controller, so I'm familiar with all the calibrations. How do I check the controller software ? Maybe that's my problem. I did the zen update , did that screw it up ?

I don't think so as I did the same. The fellow that posted the fix said he uninstalled RC assistant and downloaded a fresh version from DJI. He seemed to think that was the key to his issues. I had already done that, so the Xi calibration on the RC assistant was the key for me. let me try to find the post.

So , you go into rc system assistant 1.1 and calibrate and hit finish ? I'm kinda burned out screwing with this for 3 hrs.

Yes, here is the post that clarified it for me. Hold on you are almost there. read this.

Postby Mopar Bob » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:03 am
Problem Solved: Let me Explain. I received my new RC yesterday and proceeded to follow the instructions on setting it up that are in this forum in many places. I ended up with a totally screwed up tilt mechanism just like it has been described in this post. I then proceeded to pull the pieces together that others say they had success with. This is what I did and now everything works perfectly. Even the gimbal tilt speed works as hoped. That is, the more you rotate it the faster the tilt happens. So you can now not only control the tilt from the RC but you can control the speed at which it tilts. This is great **** and worth the $100 for the new RC. Anyway, here is a recap:

1. Un-install the current version of the RC Assistant and then re-install it from the DJI website. I don't know why, but this is key to getting it to work. My guess is that DJI made some additional changes to the 1.1 version with out telling anyone. That said, it seems like a critical step.

2. Bind the new RC to the Phantom. Follow the steps in the Phantom Manual version 1.6. Its simple and I think different from what others have displayed on YouTube.

3. Turn on the RC and plug it into the PC. Open up the recently installed RC Assistant and do the calibration on the sticks as noted in the Assistant but DO NOT press FINISH yet. Now the next step is critical. Even though the RC Assistant says not to do the calibration on the X1 (the Tilt Control Wheel), you have to do it. Select the X1 wheel and rotate it several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Now press Finish.

4. Disconnect the RC from the PC and turn off the RC Assistant.

5. Turn on the Phantom, and then connect to PC. Start up the Phantom Assistant. It should be the latest version 3.6.

6. Make sure you select the correct RC option. In our case it should be the "Upgrade" version.

7. Repeat the calibration process for the left/right sticks and press Finish.

8.Then select the Calibration START button under the X1 control, rotate the tilt wheel several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Then press Finish.

9. Power down the Phantom, shutdown the Assistant. disconnect the PC from the Phantom.

10, Restart the Phantom and it should be golden.

I hope I didn't leave anything out, but these are the steps that worked for me. On another note (bitching time). I have developed computer software for over 35 years. One thing you never ever do, is release any changes to the software without identifying it as a new release number. Even when the software is in the various stages of testing. Yet, it appears DJI has done this in the past and continues to do so now. They ought to fire the stupid *** that is managing their software program......end of rant.

It calibrated ! Thanks !!!
But should the camer be tilted down at about 40 degree angle ? If so I have keep my finger on the wheel to see straight ahead ??
That really sucks big time. If that's the case the lever was much easier to deal with. It would just hold where you put it.

Mori55 said:
It calibrated ! Thanks !!!
But should the camer be tilted down at about 40 degree angle ? If so I have keep my finger on the wheel to see straight ahead ??
That really sucks big time. If that's the case the lever was much easier to deal with. It would just hold where you put it.

This is how mine is and VERY annoying..... Some users do not have this issue though...

No the camera should stay wherever you put it. the wheel should go back to neutral. The faster you move the wheel, the faster the camera moves. it is very slick. Re do the calibration

The gimbal holds position and she'll reurns to center

Both of your gimbals are holding position wherever you leave them? Or are they returning to center when you release scroll wheel?[/quote]

Mine returns to center all the time

I just received my new remote and followed the instructions here to pair it and calibrate it. It worked great. I rally like having the gimbal control right within reach. Thanks to the trailblazers who offered guidance in this thread.

Mine was doing the same thing. I followed Mopar bobs directions exactly and it fixed it. If you tried it already I'm guessing you missed a step.

bouvier said:
Mine functions perfectly. Letting go stops movement. Dialing up lifts camera and dialing down lowers it. How far I dial controls rate of speed. Very smooth control.

Are you using a Vision+ or non-Vision?

What are you saying center is ? Facing straight out or tilting halfway down ? Mine does not stay it either tilts up or down. But when I leave go of the gimbal wheel it goes to about 45 degree which is halfway.
So what's the problem? Can someone post a vid of how it should work ?"

Mori55 said:
What are you saying center is ? Facing straight out or tilting halfway down ? Mine does not stay it either tilts up or down. But when I leave go of the gimbal wheel it goes to about 45 degree which is halfway.
So what's the problem? Can someone post a vid of how it should work ?"

Here's a video of what it SHOULD do it's toward the end of video

http://youtu.be/QI5ESz-i4yA

http://youtu.be/QI5ESz-i4yA

Here's a thought... for those of us that are having issues with the gimbal tilt springing back to a 45° angle with the spring-loaded left dial, as opposed to those who have been able to get it set correctly with the X1 calibration... who's using an H3-3D vs a 2D? I'm on a 2D, and I noticed that it was a 3D that was on the aircraft in the video referenced above.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl