I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work!

Re: I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work

backcountrymedic said:
I've emailed them and called them. Got shuttled off to the Copter Shop in Washington State, who did not answer the phone, just asked me to leave a message. No response to my email. I flew my Vision Plus yesterday. Flies perfectly. Just has a dead gimbal. Very frustrating.

Call the LA phone number, wait to get into the phone tree, then press 3 followed by 5. That'll get you to DJI. But be prepared to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee or two. Hold time is forever.

I did call the LA number. I forget what sequence I followed. I'll try the 3 & 5 routine. THanks.

I followed Mopar Bob's instructions above (see page 5 of this thread) and it worked perfectly.

I'm up and running with the new controller. The gimbal tilt wheel is super nice. Smooth as butter.

erikgraham said:
I followed Mopar Bob's instructions above (see page 5 of this thread) and it worked perfectly.

I'm up and running with the new controller. The gimbal tilt wheel is super nice. Smooth as butter.

What model quad do you have, and what gimbal?

backcountrymedic said:
erikgraham said:

Vision+ with stock camera and gimbal.

We are in the Vision+ section of the forums, so I thought that was implied ;-), but I'm new around here. I think I should probably add a signature to all my posts with my hardware and software setup.

erikgraham said:
backcountrymedic said:
erikgraham said:

Vision+ with stock camera and gimbal.

We are in the Vision+ section of the forums, so I thought that was implied ;-), but I'm new around here. I think I should probably add a signature to all my posts with my hardware and software setup.

No, you're absolutely right. But if you look back through the thread, there's been quite a bit of non-vision discussion. Thanks for sharing!

erikgraham said:

Im with you same result > I did have to charge my controller as was on and dead in the box.
But all works perfect love it :D :D :D

skyhighdiver said:
erikgraham said:

Im with you same result > I did have to charge my controller as was on and dead in the box.
Skyhighdiver. Which model do you have?

AlTiTuDe06 said:
skyhighdiver said:
erikgraham said:

Skyhighdiver. Which model do you have?

As this is the phantom vision plus section one can only assume this is what I own. And you would be right vision plus

Well if you actually read the thread you would see that there are some of us Without the vision..... But thank you for your answer....

AlTiTuDe06 said:
Well if you actually read the thread you would see that there are some of us Without the vision..... But thank you for your answer....

I have read the thread and I have been confused about why people without the Vision Plus are posting to a thread in the Vision Plus sub-forum.

Because some people try and be helpful.... And I don't believe my comment was directed toward you.... In any case let's just worry about the thread title....

Interesting that someone else received theirs turned on out of box. I thought it strange when I opened mine and it was in the on position and totally dead.
But........ it appears to now function correctly!

bouvier said:
Interesting that someone else received theirs turned on out of box. I thought it strange when I opened mine and it was in the on position and totally dead.

As does mine, but never good to let battery go totally dead and who knows how long in box that way before got to me. ;)

Mine arrived in the "On" position too. Works fine after initial charge though. I absolutely love the smooth gimbal control of the new controller. What a massive difference in gimbal control.

I would hope it shuts down the batterybefore it kills it.

Hi, for anyone doing the change over to the new transmitter, if you are getting the gimbal pointing down at a 45degree angle when you connect your phantom to the assistant 3.6. Just go to the upgrade tab and make sure you have done the upgrade on the Zen IMU to the latest version which is 1.0.0.6 this is the version that supports the new transmitter hope this helps somebody cheers jeff

So heres a contrarian question. Just opened the box and I'm charging the batts, Not doing anything yet. (too many drinks tonight) Turned it on. Thumb gamble works perfect. Works perfect with the iPhone APP., tomorrow when I'm sober, and start to do the 'dance of the sticks ' routine should I bother to even upgrade or otherwise 'tune' the gimble with the routine that has been mentioned in a another thread? Ot just leave it alone?

bouvier said:

Mine came today on also. Got a call from my daughter saying I had a package and it was beeping. Battery was not all the way gone yet. It took a few days to get here from DJI so I find it hard to imagine it was on the entire time. Hmmmmm....

Quick question, when you guys are calibrating your sticks are you pressing the throttle into the lock position or just rotating outside of that?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj