I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work!

Reaction score
Hi I need some help.

I have just bought the new RC controller to the vision plus. I have bind it to the phantom, and by the QR code on the vioson app.
Everything works great, but not the gimbal wheel om the RC.

Re: I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work

Hi Bjorn,

I don't have a new controller so I can't tell you for a fact but have you selected "Upgraded Controller" in the Software Assistant and calibrated it?

If you haven't that might be why it''s not working.

Have you upgraded the Assitent to the latest version aswell as the Zen (camera/gimbal) firmware that you can find in the upgrade page of the upgraded Assistant?

aartsf said:
Have you upgraded the Assitent to the latest version aswell as the Zen (camera/gimbal) firmware that you can find in the upgrade page of the upgraded Assistant?

Yes i Have... upgraded everything and calibrate.. but the gimbal wheel is not function :(

Okay..... and have you also selected the option 'new transmitter' in stead of 'origional transmitter' within the Assistant?

aartsf said:
Okay..... and have you also selected the option 'new transmitter' in stead of 'origional transmitter' within the Assistant?

No i haven't ... i will try that :)

aartsf said:

I can't find the selection where i can chose to new transmitter?

Ginti Assistant v3.08, page basic and subpage RC. There you find Transitter with the option original or upgrade

I am having the same issue with the new controller. I updated the firmware to 3.08, updated the zen firmware, checked the upgraded controller box and calibrated the gimbal channel. It worked great. I then updated the firmware for the RC controller and now the gimbal only moves about 1/8 in up and down. Rechecked all setting, re clalibrated, tried re flashing the firmware but still not working. When calibrating, the slide bar moves erratically. I called DJI and they didn't have a clue. I sent a email to support in China. Hopefully they will have an answer. Any ideas or suggestions?

The tilt wheel will not work until you calibrate the X2 controller.

gfm1135 said:
I am having the same issue with the new controller. I updated the firmware to 3.08, updated the zen firmware, checked the upgraded controller box and calibrated the gimbal channel. It worked great. I then updated the firmware for the RC controller and now the gimbal only moves about 1/8 in up and down. Rechecked all setting, re clalibrated, tried re flashing the firmware but still not working. When calibrating, the slide bar moves erratically. I called DJI and they didn't have a clue. I sent a email to support in China. Hopefully they will have an answer. Any ideas or suggestions?

A word of advice: this board has about 120 posts about the new controller and firmware. Reading up on something like this BEFORE you do helps, unless you just want to be the first one to try something.

Don't update the firmware of the transmitter with the OLD RC Assistant. Download the new one with new firmware before updating. See This: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28997

Apparently, as per the previously mentioned posts, the old RC Assistant actually downgrades the firmware and now your LED power indicators on the transmitter don't work.

InterMurph said:
The tilt wheel will not work until you calibrate the X2 controller.

I believe you mean the X1 controller.

I have read all the posts on this board as well as DJI board. I did download the new RC firmware (ver1.0.2.03), twice actually, and did all the calibrations and checked the upgraded Rc in assistant. My LED lights work fine. It just the gimbal that's not working properly. When I try to calibrate the gimbal channel, the slide indictor will not show full movement. It jumps and is very erratic.

The control wheel is spring loaded..... Try only moving the wheel from its center position to one side instead of the entire travel distance...during calibration..I had to do this with my phantom 2 non vision to Get gimbal to move property... What's annoying is that when I let go of the control wheel the gimbal always returns to level because of the spring..

Edit.... Dis regard what I said did some more researh and apparently the gimbal is NOT supp to return to level so I calibrated wrong sorry.... Didn't mean to hijack thread..

I just bound my new TX to the receiver and everything works as it should. Gimbal very smooth and all the lights are fine. I calibrated the IMU and sticks on the assistant software. I have not done the X1 and X2 calibration as I don't know how, lol

Thanks for all the help. I have fixed the issue.

I downloaded the new assisted soft wear and calibrated in the assistant soft wear, but after that the gimbal did`t respond like i hope it would.

But when i calibrated X1 in the RC assistant everything works perfect

Again thanks for all the help you guys

Regards
Bjorn

Bjorn Thore said:

I downloaded the new assisted soft wear and calibrated in the assistant soft wear, but after that the gimbal did`t respond like i hope it would.

Regards
Bjorn

Did you use the full spectrum of the wheel to calibrate?

AlTiTuDe06 said:
Bjorn Thore said:

Regards
Bjorn

Yes I did, but you see on the perimeter when you are turning the wheel. Before I fix the problem the needle in the parameter was bouncing from the one side to the another side, when i was only turning the wheel one side. After calibrate the X1 in RC assistant i turn the wheel slowly from one side to the other side. That fixed the problem for me

AlTiTuDe06 said:
Bjorn Thore said:

Regards
Bjorn

May I ask what do you mean by the full spectrum of the wheel? and I am presuming the calibration is being done on the vision assistant software? mine is working ok except it seems to stutter when going from down to level. I tried doing the x1 calibration but not sure I am doing it right as it still does it. :?:

I'm doing it on phantom 2 assistant..... And what I mean is the control wheel is self centering.... So I was asking if he was going from one extreme to the next... Our just going from center point to the right or left...

Ahh ok I see, thanks. Mine works ok except when starting to move, specially when going from down to level. It is almost like it wants to go the other way before moving correctly. How did you do your update? the needle seems to move in a jerky fashion and doesn't seem to want to go all the way to the stops.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.