I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work!

Re: I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work

jetlag said:
Ahh ok I see, thanks. Mine works ok except when starting to move, specially when going from down to level. It is almost like it wants to go the other way before moving correctly. How did you do your update? the needle seems to move in a jerky fashion and doesn't seem to want to go all the way to the stops.

Tyr to calibrate x1 in the RC assistant softwar. I think you will find out that the gimbal knot om the transmitter will work find.. God luck

Regards
Bjorn

Bjorn Thore said:
jetlag said:
Ahh ok I see, thanks. Mine works ok except when starting to move, specially when going from down to level. It is almost like it wants to go the other way before moving correctly. How did you do your update? the needle seems to move in a jerky fashion and doesn't seem to want to go all the way to the stops.

Tyr to calibrate x1 in the RC assistant softwar. I think you will find out that the gimbal knot om the transmitter will work find.. God luck

Regards
Bjorn

Thank you, where do I find this on the RC assistant software? I say this because I looked everywhere with no luck. The only place I have found is on the phantom assistance software.

gfm1135 said:
I am having the same issue with the new controller. I updated the firmware to 3.08, updated the zen firmware, checked the upgraded controller box and calibrated the gimbal channel. It worked great. I then updated the firmware for the RC controller and now the gimbal only moves about 1/8 in up and down. Rechecked all setting, re clalibrated, tried re flashing the firmware but still not working. When calibrating, the slide bar moves erratically. I called DJI and they didn't have a clue. I sent a email to support in China. Hopefully they will have an answer. Any ideas or suggestions?

I am having exactly the same issue except I can get smooth full down and to get back up I have to just barely push it up past center. It works, but it is erratic.

jetlag said:
Bjorn Thore said:
jetlag said:

Regards
Bjorn

Thank you, where do I find this on the RC assistant software? I say this because I looked everywhere with no luck. The only place I have found is on the phantom assistance software.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... r_v1.1.exe

This is windows version.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... r_v1.1.dmg

If you have MAC use bottom link.

it doesn't like me, gives some sort of error. I deleted the old 1.1 RC assistant as well and still the same

ok found a folder I needed to delete. it is installed but appears to be the same version

The software is same version number. I think they changed something in it or at the server level to prevent flashing new remote with old remote firmware. When in doubt just cancel if it tries to "upgrade" firmware. You can then calibrate the controls including entire range of X1 dial.

Then close program and open Phantom Assistant program connecting P2. Go to RC tab and do the same to teach it the remotes ranges.

Thanks I did that and calibrated the sticks, however it says to use phantom assistance to calibrate x1. It seems to want to go the other way when first applying an input in the other direction very briefly. Of course that messes up the smooth video. The x1 calibration on the Phantom assistance acts very weird, the needle wants to jump every which way, so I am having a hard time telling what is proper. Once the gimbal gets moving it is very smooth, only when starting the input one way or the other

RC assistant 1st, Phantom Assistant 2nd. You made sure to check "Upgrade" Remote model too? ( on the RC tab in Phantom Assistant just under the four control sliders)

and I should add that it works perfectly with the vision app, although a lot slower

jetlag said:
Bjorn Thore said:
jetlag said:

Regards
Bjorn

Well when you turn the gimbal wheel on the transmitter. Do you see anything moving in the RC assistant softwar? Maybe you have upgrade? the firmware?

Gimbal Dead Now

So it was sort of working as I noted above. I tried to re-calibrate again with simliar results.

Turned everything off and then restarted the Phantom Assistant 3.6 software.

Now the gimbal is DEAD and the software show PHANTOM VISION on top of the window and not PHANTOM VISION +

Can the Vision Plus Gimbal be reset? I am using 3.08 on the PHantom, 3.6 for the assistant and a new upgraded transmitter/controller.

Frustrating.

I can't figure out this controller I have upgraded to newest firmware calibrated with rc assistant and phantom assistant.... And my gimbal constantly centers when I let go of the scroll wheel.... Is this the normal function? If it is it is extremely annoying...

Example

If I scroll the wheel to the right to look down as soon as I let go of wheel the camera points up again......I believe it is supposed to stay where you leave it until you move wheel back the other way.....like in this video
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QI5ESz-i4yA

I finally got my gimbal to operate using the gimabal wheel however it moves down very slowly. Once down it will go back up at the normal speed. It's working just not properly.

It would be nice to hear from anybody who has a smooth working one. I am very pleased with the new TX as far as the lipo battery and the lock down feature on the left stick. The Gimbal works ok once it is moving. I would think you could add a small input to the wheel and it would move slowly. Ad more input and it would speed up. At this point I would be happy just to see it move smoothly. It works perfect on the vision app.

SilentAV8R said:
At this point I'd be happy if my freaking gimbal worked again!! :evil:

I had mine do that a couple pf times. I went back and re calibrated the gimbal on phantom assistant and it took care of it.

In RC Assistant where you calibrate the levers you do the X1 calibration on the same screen. Don't press finish until you have done all levers plus X1. Help screen on left side of window provides info.
Then again in Phantom assistant except is 2 different calibration starts and finish. In Phantom assist you can also change the direction of the dial effect. Rev or Normal, Rev is default.
Mine functions perfectly. Letting go stops movement. Dialing up lifts camera and dialing down lowers it. How far I dial controls rate of speed. Very smooth control.

bouvier said:
In RC Assistant where you calibrate the levers you do the X1 calibration on the same screen. Don't press finish until you have done all levers plus X1. Help screen on left side of window provides info.
Then again in Phantom assistant except is 2 different calibration starts and finish. In Phantom assist you can also change the direction of the dial effect. Rev or Normal, Rev is default.
Mine functions perfectly. Letting go stops movement. Dialing up lifts camera and dialing down lowers it. How far I dial controls rate of speed. Very smooth control.

Thank you, I have just not found where to calibrate X1 on RC Assistant, just haven't found a choice for X1. The screen actually says to go to Phantom assistant to calibrate X1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav