How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

My video link has become perfectly fine.But the 5.8Ghz signal is truly awful. cutting out even at 200m :(

Some say that the mod will increase 5.8 range other say only 2.4 range will be increased. Best to try yourself ;)
It's simple :
It boosts 2.4 so it increases 2.4

It sets region to JAP so if you are in CE area (so have poor CE 5.8ghz limitations) you 'll have an amelioration probably close to FCC 5,8 . But it doesn't increase 5.8 if you are ever in FCC area...

Not difficult to understand : )

Last edited:
And what is the difference between settings BO and US in Magic Power 5.3?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
FCC 5.8 is the best configuration but wifi Channel 13 is not allowed contrary to BO... So papatita add the choice in Magic Power 5.3 to set 5.8ghz settings to FCC...
So you have exactly FCC mod (choose US area)+ 2.4ghz Link boost...

Last edited:
you know why my litchi doesn't connect now that i runned papatita's mod ?
i am in EU, distance has a great improvement with DJI go

I dont think because it is still working in my device, i have got litchi and the mod and it works fine.try to make a reinstallation of litchi and reboot your mobile device

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ciro italy
FCC 5.8 is the best configuration but wifi Channel 13 is not allowed contrary to BO... So papatita add the choice in Magic Power 5.3 to set 5.8ghz settings to FCC...
So you have exactly FCC mod (choose US area)+ 2.4ghz Link boost...

Hi , so the ones that are in CE area with poor 5.8Ghz , and have installed already Magic Power 5.2,
we better to apply Magic Power 5.3 (straight away , without any revert?)
and select USA area + 2.4ghz Link boost at any wifi channel ?
Thanks,
--------------
Hi again, I applied Magic Power 5.3 directily (without revert) on top of Magic Power 5.2 . I applied just step 1 , chaning area CE to USA , and no problem at all. It really changes the area, confirmed by Telnet, changed from B0...-> FCC . But I still measured exactly the same peak RF output value on the 5.8 Ghz, (using in 2,4 Ghz wifi channel 10). But I need to confirm if there is any range difference due to any unknown modulation parameter optimization. I will report it later.
--------------
As I said before , the peak 5.8Ghz RF dBm level did not change. And in the flight test , I would say that is is slightly better , but not significant increase. , just maybe 15% aprox more range.. But as small increase, I need to make more test to confirm it .

Last edited:
Hi , so the ones that are in CE area with poor 5.8Ghz , and have installed already Magic Power 5.2,
we better to apply Magic Power 5.3 (straight away , without any revert?)
and select USA area + 2.4ghz Link boost at any wifi channel ?
Thanks,
--------------
Hi again, I applied Magic Power 5.3 directily (without revert) on top of Magic Power 5.2 . I applied just step 1 , chaning area CE to USA , and no problem at all. It really changes the area, confirmed by Telnet, changed from B0...-> FCC . But I still measured exactly the same peak RF output value on the 5.8 Ghz, (using in 2,4 Ghz wifi channel 10). But I need to confirm if there is any range difference due to any unknown modulation parameter optimization. I will report it later.

Longer flight distance?

Jani

The regional comparison of US and BO, not much difference in distance, but in US region is more good in quality transmission of images.
P3S FW 1.7.9 with stock antenna + Windsurfer + Magic v5.3. Same day, same location. (Beauty of Toraja)

IMG-20161204-WA0063.jpg

The regional comparison of US and BO, not much difference in distance, but in US region is more good in quality transmission of images.
P3S FW 1.7.9 with stock antenna + Windsurfer + Magic v5.3. Same day, same location. (Beauty of Toraja)

View attachment 70041
i can see 5.1v is no longer available on google drive, fw 1.5.7 can be modded with magic power 5.3v ? im already done 27 dbm in djiupdater 3.8. do i need revert back to ce before run step 1 in version 5.3 ? thank you.

Last edited:

View attachment 70041
As just 200 distance difference, I don't feel that there is improvement in the flying distance between BO and US.

Sent from my LG-F350K using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: alessiotst
Hi all, I am getting a standard 3 at Christmas (already bought) and trying to read up as much as possible before my first flight. Although I plan on doing some test flights before this mod I am intending to try it as especially beneficial being in the UK in a CE area. Is there a possibility of bricking the drone or remote by using this method or is that only with an alternative method listed on the forum ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj