How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Currently have v1.6.8 on my P3S and am wary to upgrade to v1.7.9 because of all the bad stories i am reading about it online.[/QUOTE]
before 1.68 all was good, 1.6.8 is the worst upgrade in the history, now you can upgrade to 1.7.9 ...this is not perfect6 but works fine..... DELETE 1.6.8 from my mind

Currently have v1.6.8 on my P3S and am wary to upgrade to v1.7.9 because of all the bad stories i am reading about it online.
before 1.68 all was good, 1.6.8 is the worst upgrade in the history, now you can upgrade to 1.7.9 ...this is not perfect6 but works fine..... DELETE 1.6.8 from my mind[/QUOTE]

Same here, 1.6.8 was a terrible FW. Update to 1.7.9 made it work great, also video feed withou mod is now a lot longer. What bad stories are there?

Magic Power v5.3:

SS02.png

The new look was created by a friend

Hi everyone,

I'm just curious about something. I have my drone since two days ago, i did a test flight and at 300/400 in a open field i started to see how the RC controller started to show the 'Weak Signal' indication, so i tried this 'Magic Power' app. It installed correctly and i went flying again for testing but saw something a little bit weird. A 'Strong interference detected' warning appears randomly since i installed this, it showed up in a totally opened field (No parking structures, WiFi interferences, Electrical wiring, etc...)

So... any tip?
I have a DJI Phantom 3 Standard on 1.7.9 firmware.

Thanks PapaTita for the update.
I have read every post in this thread but currently my brain is full (= need more free space) so I have to discard some info [emoji38]

Can someone place explain/repeat the reason for wanting to choose another region setting than US?
I am in CE territory and just want the setting that gives max 5.8 control range.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi everyone,

I'm just curious about something. I have my drone since two days ago, i did a test flight and at 300/400 in a open field i started to see how the RC controller started to show the 'Weak Signal' indication, so i tried this 'Magic Power' app. It installed correctly and i went flying again for testing but saw something a little bit weird. A 'Strong interference detected' warning appears randomly since i installed this, it showed up in a totally opened field (No parking structures, WiFi interferences, Electrical wiring, etc...)

So... any tip?
I have a DJI Phantom 3 Standard on 1.7.9 firmware.

The 'Strong interference detected' notification is normal and has not much to do with the MagicPower mod. I have a stock(no mods) P3S and get the notification every second flight. It isn't harmful to your drone, it just let's you know that your range can be quit shorter.
On firmware 1.7.9 the 'Strong interference detected' pops up very often, it is a issue of the new firmware and this has been covered in this topic or on other topics also.
I personally ignore the warning.

And I would recommend you to fly your drone a little more and get more experience before you start modding it. This way you can be sure that any error you discover wasn't there before the mod. And also the concerns you had right now would be worrying you.

Fly safe! :)

ADD: AS you are new please read the manual and forums. Wanted to tell you that you should take IMU errors seriously! These can effect your drone in the flight and will have bad results.

I have read every post in this thread but currently my brain is full (= need more free space) so I have to discard some info [emoji38]

Can someone place explain/repeat the reason for wanting to choose another region setting than US?
I am in CE territory and just want the setting that gives max 5.8 control range.

Some say that the mod will increase 5.8 range other say only 2.4 range will be increased. Best to try yourself ;)

I like new things, this is one of an experiment, how about the result isn't be a matter, I have a certain satisfaction.
Sorry didn't answer Your question.

I like new things, this is one of an experiment, how about the result isn't be a matter, I have a certain satisfaction.
Sorry didn't answer Your question.

It's fine, I like new things too. One of them being your updates.
I remember you said once that you were probably going to stop with the updates (version 3). I am glad you changed your mind and continue making things better!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl