How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Has anyone tried 3.1.1 with the mod in iOS?
I didn't want to update from 2.9 because I had major lag problems with 3.0,but 3.1.1 has some osmo mobile features that I want.

hi papatita have you tried 1.7.9 fw + magic 5.3 + 3.1 go app on android with the P3S?
or anybody tried this versions?

after 3.0.0 dji go app use here maps, just not familiar and sometimes gps error
the gps error is an issue for this version right? how about if the drone lost communication with the rc, there's a possibility of "fly away" or not returning home? :-(

Remote or Drone First
Is there a golden rule about powering up one before the other, is it possible that 192.168.1.1 - or what-have-you - may get assigned differently. I don't really see how or if MagicPower could upload to the wrong device or if it needs them to be started then restarted in a particular order. Anyone know for sure please?

Remote or Drone First
Is there a golden rule about powering up one before the other, is it possible that 192.168.1.1 - or what-have-you - may get assigned differently. I don't really see how or if MagicPower could upload to the wrong device or if it needs them to be started then restarted in a particular order. Anyone know for sure please?

The IP addresses on the devices are static = fixed. Since it's a closed network it will not conflict anything. So it will not matter in which order you turn them on in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

1.7.9 fw doesnt seems friendly to my p3s.. The video feed during recording is killing me compared to 1.5 with papatita mod. Now im stuck on how to downgrade back with 1.5.
Tried the manual but doesnt work.
Any help esp papatita on how to downgrade back to 1.5?
Thanks

Ok so i installed 5.3 and checked the power through telnet and its jumping between 25(what i set it to) and 27. im in the same room as my quad full signal, is this normal?

Last edited:
Hi papatita, currently im flying wd 1.7.9 fw + 2.8 go app + 5.3 mod, 25dbm rest are default.
Video live feed is fine.
The problem is, everytime i record video while flying, the feed started to have choppy reception & cut off the record @ 280m distance. This happens without your mod.
Just wanna verify also if the 5.3 mod runs with 1.7.9 fw?
One more thing, is there a way to downgrade frm 1.7.9 to 1.5.7fw?
Thanks

Last edited:
The big differences from version 3.x is patch in RC and Drone will be active in case of missing signal from RC (boosting to 27 dBm), by this way both RC and Drone no need too high Tx-Power (Default 24 dBm).

I dont quite understand this part, does this mean that default is 24 and when you loose signal it jumps up to 27 to get signal back?

@PapaTita
I will add DBS antenna soon on my P3S. Which Magic power configuration should i use with it?? or is there nothing to be aware of Magic power in combination with DBS mod?? Now i am using Magic Power 5.3 with 25dbm on RC and Craft and im very satisfied..do i have to change something before apply the antennta?
Thanks for a short reply

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl