How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

71e5e840727ea31d124ee2689f75b138.jpg

Using only the mod and a skyreat copper reflector.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: PapaTita and sinxa
Could someone provide a screenshot of what the iwinfo should look like after the mod.

I would like to make sure that I have done it correctly on my Phantom 3 Standard.

Many Thanks

Chris P

found something ???

Yes. I think the aircraft dropped the GPS signal, and in the same time there was a disconnect from the DJI app. In a short period there was controller signal, and I press down the left stick. (No emer stop, only letdown), cause I dont want to fall down from a high altitude. So I manage to down to 10 m (but i didn't know the altitude). Then the aircraft tried to hover but there were a tree. I recover the dat file with maps made easy's tool.
screenshot-www.mapsmadeeasy.com 2016-10-25 12-44-33.png

Reactions: sinxa
Yes. I think the aircraft dropped the GPS signal, and in the same time there was a disconnect from the DJI app. In a short period there was controller signal, and I press down the left stick. (No emer stop, only letdown), cause I dont want to fall down from a high altitude. So I manage to down to 10 m (but i didn't know the altitude). Then the aircraft tried to hover but there were a tree. I recover the dat file with maps made easy's tool.View attachment 67674

i thought disconnected from dji.go app won't make any difference unless we're on F mode. so i think you were saying it was disconected from the RC. once it regained signal, you led it down as low as possible without having eyesight to the AC, and then it crashed to the tree.

anyway, the main issue is why it loose GPS while on the sky? this is very dangerous. . , .

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

i thought disconnected from dji.go app won't make any difference unless we're on F mode. so i think you were saying it was disconected from the RC. once it regained signal, you led it down as low as possible without having eyesight to the AC, and then it crashed to the tree.

anyway, the main issue is why it loose GPS while on the sky? this is very dangerous. . , .

Yup, you are right. I highlighted the disconnection from the DJI go app, cause I didn't have telemetry, so I don' t know anything about the AC. Yes, the GPS signal. Don't know but there were a miltitary base with a tarnsmission tower (or something like that). Maybe it's signal jammed, but I really don't know.

Today I made a test flight, everthing seemed to be ok.

Yup, you are right. I highlighted the disconnection from the DJI go app, cause I didn't have telemetry, so I don' t know anything about the AC. Yes, the GPS signal. Don't know but there were a miltitary base with a tarnsmission tower (or something like that). Maybe it's signal jammed, but I really don't know.

Today I made a test flight, everthing seemed to be ok.
owh. . . i see. . . everything seem clear now. . . you did the last test on the same area?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if you are in CE area Papatita mod set 5.8ghz signal to the same power level as 5.8ghz FCC area... it makes a big difference for me (i'm from France and after the mod i have a better range on 5.8ghz too --> same range as US people)
(It makes no difference if you are in US area)

I would post my Italian phone to dji care affiliated about the usual problem of the low range of the phantom3 flight.
the staff was friendly. the operator explained to me that you can force the entire operation of phantom3 from there to fcc including the part at 5.8 GHz RC removing the European app, putting the phone in america language and region and reinstalling the app and restart the phone. the operator told me that fcc to ce depend on device regional setting not phantom maps location
also he told me that I should install the 'app on Android 2.4.2 to the old version that is coordinated to 1.5.70 firmware.
I have not tried it yet because of bad weather.
i hope it could be helpful

owh. . . i see. . . everything seem clear now. . . you did the last test on the same area?

No, thanks, Once it was enough. :D The afternoon test was in the middle of nowhere without any problem. The transmission tower was more than 1km far.

But I saw the transmission tower and two antennas are directly towards my flight direction when the "accident" happened. So be careful!

I would post my Italian phone to dji care affiliated about the usual problem of the low range of the phantom3 flight.
the staff was friendly. the operator explained to me that you can force the entire operation of phantom3 from there to fcc including the part at 5.8 GHz RC removing the European app, putting the phone in america language and region and reinstalling the app and restart the phone. the operator told me that fcc to ce depend on device regional setting not phantom maps location
also he told me that I should install the 'app on Android 2.4.2 to the old version that is coordinated to 1.5.70 firmware.

sounds good, but weird too. . .
how can official DJI affiliated tell us that hack secret? but worth to try anyway. . . going to dig for 2.4.2 you mentioned. . ,

No, thanks, Once it was enough. :D The afternoon test was in the middle of nowhere without any problem. The transmission tower was more than 1km far.

But I saw the transmission tower and two antennas are directly towards my flight direction when the "accident" happened. So be careful!

that makes sense. . . so. . . they really have those jamming equipment which renders phantom's imu and gps fail. . .
i thought it only exists in the movie. . . [emoji16]

OK... am I missing something... where can this Magic Power v5.1 be downloaded??

Also, I used the Magic Power v5.0 program, patch says its successful but I noticed something weird in the log after the patch was done.

I selected for the power to be boosted to 26dbm, and if I am reading the log correctly initially the power was something like 15dbm.
But when the patch was done it was showing the power as 24dbm, not as 26dbm as I had selected. Also, I opted for the channel
1-13 scan option, how can I know this is working and which channle it is on now? Any way to check this via my tablet?

And one more thing... for the Phantom 3 4K, is there any antenna reflector like for the Pro and the Standard?

Thanks in advance.

OK... am I missing something... where can this Magic Power v5.1 be downloaded??

Also, I used the Magic Power v5.0 program, patch says its successful but I noticed something weird in the log after the patch was done.

I selected for the power to be boosted to 26dbm, and if I am reading the log correctly initially the power was something like 15dbm.
But when the patch was done it was showing the power as 24dbm, not as 26dbm as I had selected. Also, I opted for the channel
1-13 scan option, how can I know this is working and which channle it is on now? Any way to check this via my tablet?

And one more thing... for the Phantom 3 4K, is there any antenna reflector like for the Pro and the Standard?

Thanks in advance.
1. Download: MagicPowerv5.zip
2. How to check Tx-Power on Phantom 3 Standard/4K
3. For 4K same antenna reflector like p3p/p3a

Has anybody updated the iOS Dji GO app to 3.0.1? Just want to make sure everything is still OK [emoji4] I assume the could potentially change the root password and stop this mod.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Anyone try this allready?

It's not so simple...
For exemple i'm French, i live in France: when my P3S is indoor (no gps connection) my P3S is always on FCC default settings... FCC settings switch to CE settings when GPS is ready. So for me it's GPS lock which set parameters FCC/CE not the language and the region of the phone...
I have no prob using Papatita mod --> i'm like FCC settings on 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz ("iw reg get" telnet's command show me that ) and papatita script boost 2.4ghz . That's why i have now a good 5.8ghz signal at ~1km and more (it was impossible exactly in same area when i was on CE )

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl