How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Thank you @sinxa... i had a misunderstanding.
When in the previous post you said "i belive it is FCC moded already" i thought you were referring to the RC antenna (not to the fw on the drone) ;)

Yes, i'm following this thread from the beginning and this evening i will try to use DATCON and DASHWARE to analyze my logs...
Thanks!

Thank you @sinxa... i had a misunderstanding.
When in the previous post you said "i belive it is FCC moded already" i thought you were referring to the RC antenna (not to the fw on the drone) ;)

Yes, i'm following this thread from the beginning and this evening i will try to use DATCON and DASHWARE to analyze my logs...
Thanks!
sorry to get you missunderstood. . .

yes we are talking about FCC mod on the firmware by this papatita's app. and regarding your short range issues, i suggest you to check your antenna cable inside the RC. [emoji4]

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Since there are many posts asking the same thing I wrote a small FAQ. Please correct me if there are any misunderstandings.
@PapaTita , feel free to put it in one of your opening posts, then we can all help you out to point any questions to that post :)

1. Will this mod increase the controller range (5.8Ghz)?
    No. This mod will only increase the video stream range (2.4GHz).

2. Do I need to downgrade (revert to stock/revert to CE) before I upgrade from 4.0/5.0 to 5.1?
    No.

3. What's the difference between 5.0 and 5.1?
    5.1 gives smoother video at longer range.

4. Will I get longer range with 5.1 compared to 5.0?
    No, see question 3.

5. I'm getting "Access violation" error when I run the program.
    Disable Windows Firewall, Antivirus, or any other firewall or security software. Start the program by right-click and "Run as Administrator".

6. Sometimes the program will not tell me to proceed to Step 2.
    It will only proceed to Step 2 when necessary.

7. Is this mod changing the rcS file?
    No. Changing the rcS is dangerous and may potentially brick your RC/AC, even a minor typo in this file may turn it into garbage. The file changed by this mod, djiled.sh, is called from the rcS and even if something goes wrong in djiled.sh, the rcS continues to run and you won't brick anything.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Does anyone here use a carbon fibre gimbal guard? Just asking cause my mate and I have both been having issues after applying Magic Power 5, with constant disconnects at around the 2km mark, we both took our gimbal guards off and have been consistently getting over 4km with no lag whatsoever, we are both running dbs itelite antennas and just a 5.8ghz booster for control signal. So it seems the carbon fibre gimbal guard is causing interference, if anyone is experiencing similar issues I would suggest giving that a try.

Last edited:
Since there are many posts asking the same thing I wrote a small FAQ. Please correct me if there are any misunderstandings.
@PapaTita , feel free to put it in one of your opening posts, then we can all help you out to point any questions to that post :)

1. Will this mod increase the controller range (5.8Ghz)?
    No. This mod will only increase the video stream range (2.4GHz).

2. Do I need to downgrade (revert to stock/revert to CE) before I upgrade from 4.0/5.0 to 5.1?
    No.

3. What's the difference between 5.0 and 5.1?
    5.1 gives smoother video at longer range.

4. Will I get longer range with 5.1 compared to 5.0?
    No, see question 3.

5. I'm getting "Access violation" error when I run the program.
    Disable Windows Firewall, Antivirus, or any other firewall or security software. Start the program by right-click and "Run as Administrator".

6. Sometimes the program will not tell me to proceed to Step 2.
    It will only proceed to Step 2 when necessary.

7. Is this mod changing the rcS file?
    No. Changing the rcS is dangerous and may potentially brick your RC/AC, even a minor typo in this file may turn it into garbage. The file changed by this mod, djiled.sh, is called from the rcS and even if something goes wrong in djiled.sh, the rcS continues to run and you won't brick anything.
Thank you, I put this on post #2

Reactions: bigenius and sinxa
Correct me if i'm wrong, but if you are in CE area Papatita mod set 5.8ghz signal to the same power level as 5.8ghz FCC area... it makes a big difference for me (i'm from France and after the mod i have a better range on 5.8ghz too --> same range as US people)
(It makes no difference if you are in US area)

Reactions: sinxa
Correct me if i'm wrong, but if you are in CE area Papatita mod set 5.8ghz signal to the same power level as 5.8ghz FCC area... it makes a big difference for me (i'm from France and after the mod i have a better range on 5.8ghz too --> same range as US people)
(It makes no difference if you are in US area)

No, I don't believe so. The command used by this mod, iw set reg... and so on are commands that control the WiFi interface. The 5.8GHz RC signals are not WiFi, but proprietary radio signals and thus not sent by the wifi interface.
Again, this may be a misunderstanding on my side.

No, I don't believe so. The command used by this mod, iw set reg... and so on are commands that control the WiFi interface. The 5.8GHz RC signals are not WiFi, but proprietary radio signals and thus not sent by the wifi interface.
Again, this may be a misunderstanding on my side.
So... why i get area JP when i do a iw reg get ?? --> it confirms CE area is not apply... (it explains why my 5.8ghz range is no more ~500m)
Someone else noticed that in this topic... look at post #506 here -> How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

After papatita mod telnet command "iw reg get" is no more CE area but "country BO FS-JP" ... i noticed my 5.8ghz range is clearly better like people in FCC area... (i dont talk about my wifi range which is really impressive because papatita script "boost" only 2.4ghz power based now on the new settings "country BO FS-JP"...)

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have a question... since my 4k is on firmware version 1.0.10+, would I still be able to use the Magic to hack it for higher power, or do I have to update to 1.5.7 for instance?

My 4k firmware is 1.5.4, 1.5.7 for P3S

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Oh, OK, that clears up a few things!

Would you recommend I download the firmware file from the DJI app (file is 63MB), or use your file (which is 55MB)?

If I download your file, where do I put it on the tablet, so the DJI app would see and use it?

Oh, OK, that clears up a few things!

Would you recommend I download the firmware file from the DJI app (file is 63MB), or use your file (which is 55MB)?

If I download your file, where do I put it on the tablet, so the DJI app would see and use it?
For 4K, I had no problems updates via DJI GO. File on the drive coming from the update.

For 4K, I had no problems updates via DJI GO. File on the drive coming from the update.

OK, but just to be safe I would like to use your file, because the one I downloaded is larger, so I assume they have added something to it, and not necessarily for the good!

Where on my android phone should I put the firmware file so the DJI app would see and use it?

Hi PapaTita I live in Australia we have very strong rules limiting video to 14dbm I have run you 5.1 app on my P3 4k took it to my local park which is heavily wifi saturated the difference was noticeable straight away, I was turning the quad back to home at around 370m in the same area I was loss video after 200m to 250m before the mod, but towards the end of the flight at about 350m I turned the quad around to come home and lost all connection and wouldn't reconnect it auto rth and landed. On the ground I couldn't get it to reconnect and had to restart radio quad and tablet to get it working again. Any idea what would have caused this and should I change the mod settings from default. Love the app thanks

Yesterday I had a fly away. I was at 190m, and changing photo position, when suddenly disconnect, and fly away my p3s. Try to search, ask the police... nothing. I asked the local ambulance, if is there any drone accident, fortunally there was not.
After 2 hour the police called me that someone find my drone under a three.
No major injury, a broke propeller, and some scratch.
That interesting because the drone was still on (of cource not the motor).
The day before fly away I got 2 IMU error, but the error message then went away.
After It lost the connection (at 83% battery) almost imidiate tried to land, but there was a tree. It is interesting what happened?

Yesterday I had a fly away. I was at 190m, and changing photo position, when suddenly disconnect, and fly away my p3s. Try to search, ask the police... nothing. I asked the local ambulance, if is there any drone accident, fortunally there was not.
After 2 hour the police called me that someone find my drone under a three.
No major injury, a broke propeller, and some scratch.
That interesting because the drone was still on (of cource not the motor).
The day before fly away I got 2 IMU error, but the error message then went away.
After It lost the connection (at 83% battery) almost imidiate tried to land, but there was a tree. It is interesting what happened?
interesting, have you tried to analyze the flyxxx.dat ?
it could be the home position was not correctly recorded, or imu was accidentally having malfunction on the air. . .

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

hello papatita,

after reading the post in forum, wanted to try with your excellent mod for p3s, the magicpower 5.1, but after i download and runt he program, it shows error message, is there anything i need to install before run the magicpower program?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.9 KB · Views: 356

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31