How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

**** Papa! This is further than I've been with my Pro!! Congratz!! :)

On a side note... I tested the 4k with the mod outside the city away from interference and all it managed was bately 300 meters! I think I might have an issue with the antennas somehow!

Anybody got any suggestions? I am open to try everything to get this sorted!

Last edited:
Reactions: mrtdecks
Hello,

First I want to thank everybody who has worked to accomplish this awesome mod! Unfortunately, it didn't work for me yet. I tried the Magic power v5.1 today. I connected my pc with the phantom wifi, but when I clicked step 1, it gave a popup saying: can't connect to aircraft. I tried several times but I kept receiving the same message. The wifi shows that it is connected to the phantom network.

I already disabled my anti-virus and firewall. I am running firmware 1.6.80. I'd like to know why it doesn't work. Please help me out here :).

Hello,

First I want to thank everybody who has worked to accomplish this awesome mod! Unfortunately, it didn't work for me yet. I tried the Magic power v5.1 today. I connected my pc with the phantom wifi, but when I clicked step 1, it gave a popup saying: can't connect to aircraft. I tried several times but I kept receiving the same message. The wifi shows that it is connected to the phantom network.

I already disabled my anti-virus and firewall. I am running firmware 1.6.80. I'd like to know why it doesn't work. Please help me out here :).

can you post the LOG file here?

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

OK, here is my screen recording from the flight yesterday. Its a bit longer because I actually waited a bit for the battery to heat up as it was colder that day,
but during that wait you can see on the summary screen the Radio connection constantly going between "Good" and "Poor" and an interference warning
popping up, and as you will see I AM in the middle of nowhere. During the battery heatup I also did a telnet check to see output power and it stays at
26dbm in flight so the hack was successful!

And this is why I am thinking I may have a damaged/defective antenna either in the radio or in the phantom! The fact is that putting the reflector from my Pro
on the 4K radio does absolutely NOTHING to the range... so I am leaning towards a defective remote antena, but I am open to suggestions!

And one last question, how should antennas be oriented when flying? I keep them straight up and at 90 degrees to the phantom, somebody told me they
have to be actually at a 45 degree angle... which makes no sense!?

can you post the LOG file here?

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I actually don't have a LOG file I think. At least there is no log file in the folder where the program is in. I only get these messages in the program when I click step 1. Help is appreciated :).
mpmessage.JPG

@Arxangel,

Seems to be a hardware issue.
How long have you had this problem? According to your video, the RC antenna signal quality is really poor and I'm absolutely convinced that you firstly have to check your RC inside.
Check all wires and all junctions. You can easily find all the information over Youtube.
Regarding the "best antenna orientation" I can say that the RC antenna, should never point the drone but you must be perpendicular to it.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaTita
@Arxangel,

How long have you had this problem? According to your video, the RC antenna signal quality is really poor and I'm absolutely convinced that you firstly have to check your RC inside.
Check all wires and all junctions. You can easily find all the information over Youtube.
Regarding the "best antenna orientation" I can say that the RC antenna, should never point the drone but you must be perpendicular to it.
Thank you.

I have already opened the radio once, but all the antenna connectors seemed to be quite secure and well placed! When I received the copter it was on firmware version 1.0.01, and I updated it to 1.5.4 to be able to use the program to hack it. Ever since I got it has had that problem, I got it from someone barely used... and apparently never updated! :)

Could it be the antenna itself is defective in some way? What else could explain the reflector having no effect at all?

@Arxangel,

Thank you.
My friend also use 4k and had a problem "strong interference" with iphone 5c but does not happen in android.

Antenna direction:
3d85366e2617890208b08b7334b6c8c2.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Vassili
I have already opened the radio once, but all the antenna connectors seemed to be quite secure and well placed! When I received the copter it was on firmware version 1.0.01, and I updated it to 1.5.4 to be able to use the program to hack it. Ever since I got it has had that problem, I got it from someone barely used... and apparently never updated! :)

Could it be the antenna itself is defective in some way? What else could explain the reflector having no effect at all?
I would recommend to try with a different antenna as first troubleshoot, in order to figure out if it's an antenna related issue.
Have you checked DJI Go last update? They actually released a new version (Android), anyway it's always good to update.
We need to proceed step by step.
Thank you.

Last edited:
My friend also use 4k and had a problem "strong interference" with iphone 5c but does not happen in android.

Antenna direction:
3d85366e2617890208b08b7334b6c8c2.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am using a Nexus 7 2nd gen Android tablet... so not an iPhone issue! I am also getting the same results when I use it with my UMI Hammer smartphone!

I would recommend to try with a different antenna as first troubleshoot, in order to figure out if it's an antenna related issue.
Have you checked DJI Go last update? They actually released a new version (Android), anyway it's always good to update.
We need to proceed step by step.
Thank you.
I guess I will have to get some new Pro antennas from the local dealer... as he claims they are the same, and replace them and test it out! I am really temped to return it to the guy though, and not delve deeper into this mess! :(

I have exactly the same problem
Did you fix it yet? I noticed that when I click on IWINFO, I get the following error:

error.JPG

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Really want to fly today as the weather is beautiful.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z