Having to much fun with my P2V+

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-phxbird-2--blake-beard-IqxuKvny/

****, Phoenix, if I don't get back out there soon with my P2 you're going to catch up to my record. Was that a Litchi flight? What you land with %? Was using that external bat? Great distance for the P2v+. Nice PB bud[emoji41]
Ok I still have a big smell on my face. Db can you feel me breathing on your back.
It was with Litchi worked great. I was using the standard DJI battery With a 2700 mah. Landed with 25 % left. It did take me a little long to get started an extra minute. I was using the CCp's watched the whole flight. At 3.2 miles my signal on the CCp's dropped to nothing, but I was still getting video and telemetry. It did not hit me till I was on my way home that I did not raise the CCp's on the tripod.So They were setting 3 ft up. Where I could of cranked it up to 4 ft.
I wanted to get out today because we have a storm front moving in for a few days. I had a little breeze coming out of the south west. i was flying due west. Top speed was 30 mph. I'm really starting to think about some CF props. I'll be waiting for my care package to come in. I have some parts ordered and Pro is working on some items for me too.;)

Reactions: dirtybum
Hey phxbird im sending you this tripod baraket for the ccps and the metal handle on the rc fits into the notch for p2 and p3..put a tnut in it too..theres room in front of the notch to mount boosters and velcro battery under it...this was a quick one and if it works good for im making more that are cleaned up with some added stuff
2368a3f76961a1b160008a3271a18596.jpg
(the plastic thing on my rc is for my booster bracket holder)
434b0b6dfabb6a867d19a294d5975f0d.jpg
bf77c7044f3410d442e67c4ae5169fd1.jpg

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy

Hey phxbird im sending you this tripod baraket for the ccps and the metal handle on the rc fits into the notch for p2 and p3..put a tnut in it too..theres room in front of the notch to mount boosters and velcro battery under it...this was a quick one and if it works good for im making more that are cleaned up with some added stuff
2368a3f76961a1b160008a3271a18596.jpg
(the plastic thing on my rc is for my booster bracket holder)
434b0b6dfabb6a867d19a294d5975f0d.jpg
bf77c7044f3410d442e67c4ae5169fd1.jpg

Thank you Pro looks great can't wait to try it out.that metal bracket looks hot.

Reactions: Procharged97
Db did you see a loss in speed with the extra battery? That is the only thing I can think that is keeping at 30 mph.

Yeah the P2 's speed is definitely affected by weight! But if you just keep it in GPS mode the battery consumption will be fair with the extra battery

Db was it Mark that was using CF props ?

I've never used the 3 blade props but i've read that they are not very efficient on the P2 or p3 and have been the suspect in a few crashes w/ the p3.
I tried two different aftermarket CF props on the p2, one set resulted in a sorta flyaway sideways crash in my yard the other set had extreme toiletbowl/propwash on the descent!
There are a number of people who use them for the p3 but its recommended to ONLY use actual official DJI brand (they dont really give any beneficial flight times but they do look cool[emoji41]

Reactions: phxbird57
Last edited:
Reactions: dirtybum
"Smell on your face, breathing on my back" slow down Phoenix we haven't even officially met yet[emoji41]
And I'm a happily committed man. I have to start calling you DP(dirty phoenix)
Whoa yeah thats prison stuff right there lol

Lmao DP!?! I think of smethn else tho...come one..most of you know what it is

Ok back on to topic a little. I'm going to order some DJI CF props and see if it does any different from the stock props (9450). With a payload of the extra battery. All the video's I've seen was all stock drones. With the extra weight the CF may start showing something. Or maybe not.
I may just pick up some cheap CF off of ebay I see some for .99 for a pair and free shipping. To compare to the DJI's

If you want to try CF props, they may flex a little less, but I don't think enough to make a difference, keep in mind I carried some serious weight. From my experience I would strongly recommend you do not use the aftermarket CF props

I was just looking on ebay & amazon for DJI FC I'm thinking I can pick them up for the same price here locally. I've been getting DJI 9450 for $6 a pair. the set of DJI FC are running about $32.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT