Having to much fun with my P2V+

If you want to try CF props, they may flex a little less, but I don't think enough to make a difference, keep in mind I carried some serious weight. From my experience I would strongly recommend you do not use the aftermarket CF props
I was talking to a local hobby shop tech and pretty much said the same thing Db. He said a little more lift but more vibration and will see it in the camera.

Update - I had some time and tested my P2V on my kitchen table today. Everything seemed to work okay including flytrex (even though I found two of the flytrex canbus cables got pinched between the two plastic halves). But when I started the motors, the two that melted the plastic wouldn't turn and I smelled a burning smell. I had already decided to swap out one of the motors to be safe but now looks like I'll need to swap out both.

No biggy - just more delay and lost flight time...

Reactions: phxbird57
Update - I had some time and tested my P2V on my kitchen table today. Everything seemed to work okay including flytrex (even though I found two of the flytrex canbus cables got pinched between the two plastic halves). But when I started the motors, the two that melted the plastic wouldn't turn and I smelled a burning smell. I had already decided to swap out one of the motors to be safe but now looks like I'll need to swap out both.

No biggy - just more delay and lost flight time...
Good to here, need you up and running. Db's already back at it with his P2v+. this morning he clocked 3.4 miles run

Reactions: Mark The Droner
This hobby is cheaper I think?

Dear phxbirds57,

I read your thread and you seem like you know a lot about the phantom 2 and how you fix them up. I know nothing about the phantoms and I think i messed up my firmware/software. Here's what i did. I just picked up my first, used, P2 with the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D factory installed. No gopro camera came with the p2. I went flying but could not get a good connection and the gimbal was jerking all over the place. (What do I know). One of the guys at the part told me I cant fly with out the go-pro camera installed as the bird needs it to complete its start up. He also told me I need to update the firmware,....to which I did,.....with no go-pro camera installed. Now when I turn it on the p2 the light sequence stays in a perpetual "Power On Self Test" phase, (red,green,yellow) Sooooo,...in short i think i really messed this thing up. How do you recommend I fix it? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. - Jim

Dear phxbirds57,

I read your thread and you seem like you know a lot about the phantom 2 and how you fix them up. I know nothing about the phantoms and I think i messed up my firmware/software. Here's what i did. I just picked up my first, used, P2 with the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D factory installed. No gopro camera came with the p2. I went flying but could not get a good connection and the gimbal was jerking all over the place. (What do I know). One of the guys at the part told me I cant fly with out the go-pro camera installed as the bird needs it to complete its start up. He also told me I need to update the firmware,....to which I did,.....with no go-pro camera installed. Now when I turn it on the p2 the light sequence stays in a perpetual "Power On Self Test" phase, (red,green,yellow) Sooooo,...in short i think i really messed this thing up. How do you recommend I fix it? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. - Jim
Hello The gentleman was half right about the Gopro. The gimbal is trying to balance out and knows some is wrong ( no weight). That is why it's jerking. You can do a few things. If you are not going to put a Gopro on it ( right now). unplug the gimbal and take it off. two things will happen no more movement with the gimbal which can be throwing the balance off of you drone ( jerking around) also longer flight time per battery ( lighter load no gimbal). I did the same thing with one of mine. I just unplugged the gimbal and removed it taped the wired to the bottom of the case. After that I would try and do the firmware update again. Sounds like you may of not completed it There is a few video's on Youtube on how to do the firmware update.
If you want at a later date add a gopro ( just remember version 3 or 4) you can put the gimbal back on. If you do turn the Wifi off on the gopro if it has it.
Keep me posted on your updates. and if you have any other question If I can't there is a lot of other people than can help you all very friendly and always willing to help a fellow Droner. ( can I copyright that );)

You mentioned version three or four and I believe you're referring to the go-Pro correct? How about a go pro 2? With that work? now $140.

You mentioned version three or four and I believe you're referring to the go-Pro correct? How about a go pro 2? With that work? now $140.
in short no. weighs more than the newer version and the gimbal plugs in to the gopro and I don't think it lines up right. If your looking for good video and pictures or just to learn to fly ? just learning to fly and would like some video. buy a runcam or mobuis camera ( $50 & 70) no it's not a gopro but it's cheaper and gives you a good video with a good mount. if you do this remove the gimbal find a vibration plate on ebay (about $10) with rubber balls. rubber band the camera to the bottom and your good to go. once you get the hang of flying step in a P3 or even find a good P2 vision plus.
Now if you are looking for great video. the camera's DJI are putting on their drone are next to go pro (I'll probably get slack for). Sell you P2 & $140 that you was going to put on a go pro and find a good clean P2 vision plus. I'm getting great range with mine.
The only other thing that you maybe looking at is using the go pro else where. The mobuis does a good job also.

Update I'm pushing the drone out to it's outer limits. I was using my CCP's and lost my wifi at 15000 ft. I was getting some telemetry and video but spotty then at 16500 it stopped and picked back up at 18000 ft then 19800 it stop and I did not pick it back up till I was coming back ( I made it out to 21859 ft). the humidity was very high for Phoenix area 56%. I'm going to blame the Humidity on the poor signal.But still the CCP's are doing D*mn good. This shows me getting out to 21215 ft and it's based on my data file.
4.1 miles

Update - got the motors today but they aren't turning. So I guess my ESCs are bad and I'm gonna order new ones right now!

if it was not so hard to do maybe test one of the other esc boards on that contact to make sure it's not the main board. Just a thought. and if it does work recheck the old motors.

How could it be the main board if two motors are spinning fine and two are not? I figure one or both of these so called bad motors might be okay. And if they are, good for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT