Having to much fun with my P2V+

That is awesome Mark!!! Really looking forward to the results!!!

Can you get a closer pic of the elements of that 5.8 if you get a chance?

Oh make sure you check the spacing all around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Got my cable today.

Here are some pics of my telescoping flagpole which I will use as an antenna mast.

Below you can see the name of the manufacturer and get an idea of how it works. It simply slides up and down on a track so it doesn't twist at all, and it's held with the pop out buttons. There are four sections. It slides, locks and unlocks very easily, it's a very high quality, well-engineered product. If you take this to an NFL game, you'll have the best flagpole on the lot.

I had a 12" pipe made which holds the flagpole. I buried it in the ground. I haven't put it in concrete yet, I want to be sure where I want it. If I did it over again, I'd have gone 18".

It's held to the pole with the mount and U-bolt as shown. It would fit any size pole. For now I attached it to the bottom of the second section.

Here's a picture of the mount part that allows one to change the elevation of the patch antenna by up to 10 degrees off horizontal.

I wanted to take a shot of it at head level but forgot. Here are shots of it after extending just one section of the pole:

Eventually I'll get it all the way up which would be twice as high.

Tomorrow morning I'll do a run with the antenna at about head high and see how it goes...:sunglasses:

That looks awesome!! Now you just need a lawn chair with umbrella and a cooler! !

You get crap weather over there Mark??? I hope not!! really excited for results!

We had some rain this morning - but I just flew! Nothing great. Only 2.1 miles. Signal was rock solid five bars and then it just went out. Might have been interference as it happened as I went over a guy's house at 400 AGL. Then it was rock solid just after the turn around and all the way home. I only had the antenna at head high though with the 8 ft long ca400 cable. So there is definitely tree blockage going on. And the leaves are wet! I bet the wet leaves were the main culprit. I will try again - probably tomorrow morning.

Edit: Took some more pics...

Fully extended looking up...

I measured... the pole fully extended from end to end is 20 feet 9 inches, and to the top of the antenna is 21 feet six inches. Of course, the pole is inserted into the ground 12 inches. So as this is set up, it's basically 20 feet high. I have another pole that telescopes to 28 feet but it's made of fiberglass. I could possibly insert the bottom section of that pole into the top section of this pole and go higher but I wouldn't want to fully extend it - too much weight! I might get another ten feet out of the combination setup if I really wanted.

Last edited:
We had some rain this morning - but I just flew! Nothing great. Only 2.1 miles. Signal was rock solid five bars and then it just went out. Might have been interference as it happened as I went over a guy's house at 400 AGL. Then it was rock solid just after the turn around and all the way home. I only had the antenna at head high though with the 8 ft long ca400 cable. So there is definitely tree blockage going on. And the leaves are wet! I bet the wet leaves were the main culprit. I will try again - probably tomorrow morning.

Edit: Took some more pics...

Fully extended looking up...

I measured... the pole fully extended from end to end is 20 feet 9 inches, and to the top of the antenna is 21 feet six inches. Of course, the pole is inserted into the ground 12 inches. So as this is set up, it's basically 20 feet high. I have another pole that telescopes to 28 feet but it's made of fiberglass. I could possibly insert the bottom section of that pole into the top section of this pole and go higher but I wouldn't want to fully extend it - too much weight! I might get another ten feet out of the combination setup if I really wanted.
That really looks neat Mark. I'm waiting hear how it works when it's dry out there. I know when the humidity is up here my distance is cut down.

I found some more info on the antenna... The beamwidth is 4.5 degrees! Haha. Horizontal and vertical....

Ohhhh i thought was 23dbi..that makes sense now. The 23 i have is 16*

Took my p2v+ out for first tine in moooonths .
Got 2x batteriee both on over 150 charges... 1 is finally ahowing errors.. well kt was when i played with it last.. "cell" errors.... the other perfect.

Have changed ESC and morors to upgrades ones (cant member the part numbers now)

But amazibg it still flies perfectly!!!

Farrrrrrkkkkkkkk shes gone *moment of silence plese*..... it was fkyingm. Thrn heard silence.... didnt crash.... soend hours looking as "fibd my phantom" was on... at one point sid i was right on it... coukdn see it in tree... will bo doubt show up on windy day... has my number on it...it willbbe screwd.. wont be salvageable:(

Having a babyvin 3 weeks so my flyinevdsys were over anyways :(

Took my p2v+ out for first tine in moooonths .
Got 2x batteriee both on over 150 charges... 1 is finally ahowing errors.. well kt was when i played with it last.. "cell" errors.... the other perfect.

Have changed ESC and morors to upgrades ones (cant member the part numbers now)

But amazibg it still flies perfectly!!!

Farrrrrrkkkkkkkk shes gone *moment of silence plese*..... it was fkyingm. Thrn heard silence.... didnt crash.... soend hours looking as "fibd my phantom" was on... at one point sid i was right on it... coukdn see it in tree... will bo doubt show up on windy day... has my number on it...it willbbe screwd.. wont be salvageable:(

so sorry to hear about you P2v+

Wow. Too bad. But - over 300 flights - that's pretty good. You got your money's worth out of it.

Sorry for your loss...

Just cause you have baby doesnt mean you dont need time for yourself and a hobby is so important,dont lose yourself justin.
When mine went down and some trees on old man found it seven months later through winter and summer rains and the sucker still worked, so maybe by the time you get in the groove of things with that new baby it'll turn back up and you can start flying again

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub