GadgetGuy's P4 Refund From DJI

GadgetGuy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
GadgetGuy's P4 Refund From DJI

Despite the fact that I was told by the DJI Customer Service manager "Derrick" that DJ's unwritten "company policy" prohibits any refunds if you have ever flown your aircraft,
GG: Official DJI Refund Policy: No Refunds, If Aircraft Flown!
I demanded the refund application anyway, based upon the written website return policy, completed it, received a prepaid shipping label, and returned the aircraft, alleging 4 separate manufacturing defects discovered during 3 test flights over 4 days within 7 days of delivery. I am happy to report that my refund was processed today! YEAH!

Still waiting on a P4 battery mod, which will truly deliver the promised 28 minute flight time, before I repurchase from Best Buy, with a 30 day "no questions asked" return policy.

See also: GadgetGuy's First Flight Impressions of the P4
and GadgetGuy's Second P4 Flight Impressions
and GadgetGuy's Final P4 Flight

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you say "Thank you"? ;-)

Glad to see in the Genie report, you have been granted THREE wishes...

RedHotPoker

Did you say "Thank you"? ;-)

Glad to see in the Genie report, you have been granted THREE wishes...

RedHotPoker
Indeed. What is interesting is that if you can get them to send you the shipping label for a return, a refund has already been approved. There is no secondary approval, other than receiving the unit back and verifying the box contents. It's just a matter of precessing the refund thereafter. Mine took 5 days from their receipt on Monday, despite the fact that they say up to 14 business days from receipt.

You should read Best Buy refund policy for drones don't spread disinformation please :

Returnable within 30 Days - Only if Unopened
  • 3D Glasses
  • Apparel, Bedding & Linens*
  • Baby & Juvenile Products
  • Batteries
  • Beauty, Grooming & Personal Products
  • Blank Media (Digital Memory, Hard Drives, etc.)
  • Child Safety (Gates, Car Seats, etc.)
  • Cleaning Supplies & Chemicals
  • Computer Components & Upgrades
  • Drones
  • Fashion Apparel*
  • Fitness Accessories & Equipment
  • Furniture*
  • Headphones & earphones (all types)*
  • Hobby-Grade R

Drones are only refundable if unopened...when purchased from Best Buy

You should read Best Buy refund policy for drones don't spread disinformation please :

Returnable within 30 Days - Only if Unopened
  • 3D Glasses
  • Apparel, Bedding & Linens*
  • Baby & Juvenile Products
  • Batteries
  • Beauty, Grooming & Personal Products
  • Blank Media (Digital Memory, Hard Drives, etc.)
  • Child Safety (Gates, Car Seats, etc.)
  • Cleaning Supplies & Chemicals
  • Computer Components & Upgrades
  • Drones
  • Fashion Apparel*
  • Fitness Accessories & Equipment
  • Furniture*
  • Headphones & earphones (all types)*
  • Hobby-Grade R

Drones are only refundable if unopened...when purchased from Best Buy
Well, despite their written return policy you cited, Best Buy does, in fact, accept returns on drones, even if flown, as long as you didn't crash. They accepted a return on my P3P and didn't even remove the contents from the box. They just opened one side, to verify that it contained something. The sales clerk I bought it from also told me that I could return it, as long as I didn't crash it. YMMV. :cool:

That's far better than DJI, which states, in writing on their website, that they accept returns within 7 days, as long as there is a manufacturing defect, but when you attempt a return, the Customer Service department is told to tell you NO REFUNDS if you have ever flown the aircraft, even if that is the only way to discover manufacturing defects!

DJI lies to their customers about their written return policy to get out of accepting a return, while Best Buy takes care of their customers.

Well, despite their written return policy you cited, Best Buy does, in fact, accept returns on drones, even if flown, as long as you didn't crash. They accepted a return on my P3P and didn't even remove the contents from the box. They just opened one side, to verify that it contained something. The sales clerk I bought it from also told me that I could return it, as long as I didn't crash it. YMMV. :cool:

That's far better than DJI, which states, in writing on their website, that they accept returns within 7 days, as long as there is a manufacturing defect, but when you attempt a return, the Customer Service department is told to tell you NO REFUNDS if you have ever flown the aircraft, even if that is the only way to discover manufacturing defects!

DJI lies to their customers about their written return policy to get out of accepting a return, while Best Buy takes care of their customers.
Ya maybe some employees are nice, but it probably depends on the local manager and the particular person you are dealing with, because the writen policy say otherwise...
Human Nature and Mood can always bend rules a bit.
:)

I have been to two different BestBuy stores that accepted returns on DJI Phantoms.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Ya maybe some employees are nice, but it probably depends on the local manager and the particular person you are dealing with, because the writen policy say otherwise...
Human Nature and Mood can always bend rules a bit.
:)
Fortunately, should any one manager be uncooperative, there are Best Buy stores everywhere, and multiple managers at each store, during different shifts and on different days. You only need one. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: isopro

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl