FPV distance loss with RotorPixel Gimbal

Thanks Porky it was a lot of fun and very satisfying when all was wrapped up and I took it out for a spin. J Dots Yaw Switch is brilliant.

So all your mods are fitted apart from the RPG, great news;) now go & have fun flying, enjoy yourself & sit back & wait for your RPG;)
It won't be long;)

Thanks Dirk that's exactly how I ended up doing it figuring that would be the only way to make sure everything would line up. Snugged them up a little all the way around from the inside out and then tightened them down. That last little Philips screw on the end of the arm was a bugger to get out. I ended up putting a small Philips screwdriver in a small pair of vice grips so I could put down pressure on the screw and still be able to turn it. Doesn't make sense that all the other screws on the arm are hex heads and that little on on the end of the arm a Philips:confused:
Yea I know but guess it's because it's so small . The pack of screw's is good to have and come in little packets for each size and is cheap . Good to have if you do much with your bird ! There's a YT on taking it apart is where I learned .

Yea I know but guess it's because it's so small . The pack of screw's is good to have and come in little packets for each size and is cheap . Good to have if you do much with your bird ! There's a YT on taking it apart is where I learned .
I'll have to look for and order an assortment of screws on eBay to have around for backup. Searched for a bit once before but all I could find had way to many types that I don't need. I'll have to see if there are a list of different sizes in one of Phantom the user guides and order them separately in little 20 packs. That is unless you know of a source to get a good DJI specific assortment:)

Yep watched a bunch of videos about opening the shell and the Tx. It's great that folks post almost anything you can imagine or might need on P2V's or anything to do with quad copters. Seems like most people you run into here are glad to help out too. I'm just really happy that I ran into you, Porky, J Dot and Squid:D You guys are all awesome;)

Reactions: dirkclod
I'll have to look for and order an assortment of screws on eBay to have around for backup. Searched for a bit once before but all I could find had way to many types that I don't need. I'll have to see if there are a list of different sizes in one of Phantom the user guides and order them separately in little 20 packs. That is unless you know of a source to get a good DJI specific assortment:)

Yep watched a bunch of videos about opening the shell and the Tx. It's great that folks post almost anything you can imagine or might need on P2V's or anything to do with quad copters. Seems like most people you run into here are glad to help out too. I'm just really happy that I ran into you, Porky, J Dot and Squid:D You guys are all awesome;)
Thanks and we happy to help bro ! Screws http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Code=as2&tag=ph079-20&linkId=UMMNCNHYGK2NCB4I
Added / Nope they for the P3 but do have them for ours.

Reactions: Mike Drone7
So all your mods are fitted apart from the RPG, great news;) now go & have fun flying, enjoy yourself & sit back & wait for your RPG;)
It won't be long;)
Yes sir it is a relief all went well and everything works fantastic:D. I've got a fairly nice day with low winds to mess around some more with the slow yaw. J Dot is really a smart cookie for coming up with brilliant mods.

Take a look at post #10 over at LIMITED number of ( Plug-n-PLAY ) Slow Yaw Mod Switches FOR SALE! No soldering or cutting! I got a nice shot of a slow yaw out over my back yard:D

RPG should be here by the coming weekend :) and after messing with it for a few weeks I'll add the filter kit. That will it for mods for a while and will be just in time for all the fall colors around here in the northeastern US. That is unless Dirk talks me into something else LOL, he's got plans for me already and he's another brilliant guy for tips and help;)

. That is unless Dirk talks me into something else LOL, he's got plans for me already and he's another brilliant guy for tips and help;)
clint-nod.gif
Agree :cool:

That's them and to search look in my signature Mike .
I forgot about the custom search thanks for reminding me. I've got a little note book of stuff here on my desk of tips from you guys and also watch a bunch of threads. Hard to keep up though sometimes with all I'm learning. Like a giant sponge I am soaking up as much as I can:D

I forgot about the custom search thanks for reminding me. I've got a little note book of stuff here on my desk of tips from you guys and also watch a bunch of threads. Hard to keep up though sometimes with all I'm learning. Like a giant sponge I am soaking up as much as I can:D
Same way here bro as I soak it up and then it dry's up ! Getting old sucks !!!
And Thanks for the compliment about Clint , I think so too :)
I'm vain like that :cool:
:D:rolleyes:

Same way here bro as I soak it up and then it dry's up ! Getting old sucks !!!
And Thanks for the compliment about Clint , I think so too :)
I'm vain like that :cool:
:D:rolleyes:
No problem Bro. At least your not like grumpy Clint in Gran Torino LOL.
untitled.png

Except for the **** raccoons that it is LOL. Figure out a way of keeping them away from your deer feeder? Maybe a big plastic owl on top of it;) Probably wouldn't work though they are smart little critters.

Except for the **** raccoons that it is LOL. Figure out a way of keeping them away from your deer feeder? Maybe a big plastic owl on top of it;) Probably wouldn't work though they are smart little critters.
.22 cal

Attachments

• gunnery2.gif
    gunnery2.gif
    771 KB · Views: 390
Every time I go out now well if I'm flying at the same spot I'll take mine that little bit further but a bit of poo always comes out when I do it:eek:
@dirkclod
I dug up one of Porky's posts on distance flying cause I went out tonight before sunset to a local park where I had my holy crap FPV loss at 900 feet with the old FE500 range extender. Well tonight I was up 250 feet and took her out almost 2,000 feet and didn't lose FPV:). When I panned the camera down and saw where I was:confused: I put her in home lock and pulled the stick back while my knees were knocking:eek: That's going to be my limit for a while at least until I get the urge to go a little further;). Tried out waypoints for the first time tonight too. That was a strange feeling watching it head out on it's own.

Still no luck getting any new responses from Keri:mad:. I think maybe I should just sit back and wait before I piss him off and it'll just show up one of these days. Don't want him to put my order on the bottom of the pile:(.

@dirkclod
I dug up one of Porky's posts on distance flying cause I went out tonight before sunset to a local park where I had my holy crap FPV loss at 900 feet with the old FE500 range extender. Well tonight I was up 250 feet and took her out almost 2,000 feet and didn't lose FPV:). When I panned the camera down and saw where I was:confused: I put her in home lock and pulled the stick back while my knees were knocking:eek: That's going to be my limit for a while at least until I get the urge to go a little further;). Tried out waypoints for the first time tonight too. That was a strange feeling watching it head out on it's own.

Still no luck getting any new responses from Keri:mad:. I think maybe I should just sit back and wait before I piss him off and it'll just show up one of these days. Don't want him to put my order on the bottom of the pile:(.
:D Knocking huh :eek: Gets exciting to me when I get farther out than I have before . I do know what ya mean though ;) The RE700 is the best mod for the money I ever did but that just got me going and wanted more . Is addicting ! You do have a tracker right o_O
Ya never know when you might have a battery go bad and it autoland on ya like I did . I did have one the TK102 but it busted and the battery came out and looked for 3 days before I found it . Have the TK109B now and the battery is contained in this one :) If ya hadn't read this
MIA / FOUND ! | DJI Phantom Forum Will make ya get a tracker :eek:
I've only tried the waypoints one time and it just wasn't for me .Lot's love it .
Keri gonna come through . Ya gotta just keep checking that e mail box :rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl