FPV distance loss with RotorPixel Gimbal

That's great news Mike, glad all the new mods went well.:) Totally agree with you regarding spending a bit of time with the yaw mod install I done mine with no distractions in the house so I could just get on with it, all good though;)

Windows ten.... I still using windows Vista:eek: I know, I know..... Think I'm gonna go down the Mac route, just need to look into it in more detail then I'll make a decision;)

Always been a View attachment 27636 user but I do like the View attachment 27637;)
Me tried 8 and went back to 7 ultimate and not changing till I have to .
And that's all folks !!.png

That's great news Mike, glad all the new mods went well.:) Totally agree with you regarding spending a bit of time with the yaw mod install I done mine with no distractions in the house so I could just get on with it, all good though;)

Windows ten.... I still using windows Vista:eek: I know, I know..... Think I'm gonna go down the Mac route, just need to look into it in more detail then I'll make a decision;)

Always been a View attachment 27636 user but I do like the View attachment 27637;)
You crack me up Porky;)

My daughter has had Mac PC's for years and has never had any issues. Great tech support and customer service.

Next weekend should be a blast:D

Heading out to fly for a while now while there's still some of my Sunday left.

Take care and always a pleasure hearing from you;)

Reactions: Clampit
Have great day flyin everyone windy here again today so me and my boy and a buddy of mine are hopin on the motorcycles and goin for a tour.....supposed to be real low winds for tueday so cant wait gonna go flyin, have a super Sunday everyone, and thanks J Dot for the switch :)

Reactions: Mike Drone7
Enjoy your flight Mike;)
Thanks Porky. It was a beautiful afternoon. I had this little guy following my P2V around when I first took off and had to land and chase him away so he wouldn't get chopped up in my props. I think he was in love LOL.
butterfly.png

Thanks Porky. It was a beautiful afternoon. I had this little guy following my P2V around when I first took off and had to land and chase him away so he wouldn't get chopped up in my props. I think he was in love LOL. View attachment 27672
That's a nice photo Mike, know what you mean about flutter buys sorry butter flies.....;)a

I had to stop flying because of this image.jpg a couple of weeks ago....., didn't want to chop him up also:p

Glad your enjoying your flying time buddy;);)

That's a nice photo Mike, know what you mean about flutter buys sorry butter flies.....;)a

I had to stop flying because of this View attachment 27698 a couple of weeks ago....., didn't want to chop him up also:p

Glad your enjoying your flying time buddy;);)
Thanks Porky!

You guys have a bunch of those odd creatures over there. On holiday my daughter and I were staying at the Tintagel Arms Hotel and one stormy evening we were on the cliffs looking down at Merlin's cave and saw this LOL.
untitled.png

Actually all we saw was this and it wasn't stormy;). Lovely place!
IMG_0329.JPG

Thanks Porky!

You guys have a bunch of those odd creatures over there. On holiday my daughter and I were staying at the Tintagel Arms Hotel and one stormy evening we were on the cliffs looking down at Merlin's cave and saw this LOL.
View attachment 27753
Your as bad as me.... ;) All good fun though;)

Gonna be taking my I1 to work with me this Wednesday so should have some nice photos to share;) I work at an historical tudor place with some lovely grounds, we got the oldest & 3rd oldest timber frame barns in the world there;)

Gonna be taking my I1 to work with me this Wednesday so should have some nice photos to share;) I work at an historical tudor place with some lovely grounds, we got the oldest & 3rd oldest timber frame barns in the world there;)
Wow that's really cool which estate? When my daughter and I were in the UK the last time we put on a ton of miles going up the east coast all the way up Inverness and then down the west coast to Lands End. We stopped at quite a few National Trust sites as well as many private castles and homes along the way. We even made the long trip around Loch Laggan to get to the Ardverikie Estate because of being such great fans of Monarch of the Glen. Beautiful countryside all over the UK and it feels like home to both of us! As I said before in a post my daughter and I love the UK and have been there quite a few times. My daughter even had one semester at Kings College! She and her husband are spending 10 days in London next month but dad wasn't invited :(. They said next time after the little one that is on the way is born so they have someone to babysit in the evening and can go out on their own. Nice of them :rolleyes: I'll be paying of course too LOL.

How is flying the I1 going? I bet the P2V is going to be gathering some dust for a while!

Wow that's really cool which estate? When my daughter and I were in the UK the last time we put on a ton of miles going up the east coast all the way up Inverness and then down the west coast to Lands End. We stopped at quite a few National Trust sites as well as many private castles and homes along the way. We even made the long trip around Loch Laggan to get to the Ardverikie Estate because of being such great fans of Monarch of the Glen. Beautiful countryside all over the UK and it feels like home to both of us! As I said before in a post my daughter and I love the UK and have been there quite a few times. My daughter even had one semester at Kings College! She and her husband are spending 10 days in London next month but dad wasn't invited :(. They said next time after the little one that is on the way is born so they have someone to babysit in the evening and can go out on their own. Nice of them :rolleyes: I'll be paying of course too LOL.
It a place called Cressing Temple barns just outside Witham in Essex, don't know if that was one of the places you & your daughter visited.

If you do a search in the photo/video section you'll see some of my pics of the site.

How is flying the I1 going? I bet the P2V is going to be gathering some dust for a while!
Yep your dead right about my poor old P2V:( it just sits in its case in the study, but I can hear it talking to me, "fly me you bas##ard" it keeps saying:D I'm off on vaction in 3 weeks time so the P2 will be coming with me;) so it will have plenty of flying time. I will never get rid of it, love it to bits;)

At the mo I'm taking out my inspire just to get used to it, great piece of kit, it's just like flying the P2 but with more power. The app is totally different to the P2 app, that's what I need to get my head around.;)

It has the scroll wheel on the RX which is very cool, you will know all about that when you start playing with your new TX;)

My FPV screen is a iPad mini which is great but at the mo I'm experiencing sun reflection so can't see much of what's going on:( just ordered myself a hoodivision for the screen so fingers x it should sort out the screen burnout problems, it's coming from the States, should be with me this week;)

It a place called Cressing Temple barns just outside Witham in Essex, don't know if that was one of the places you & your daughter visited.

If you do a search in the photo/video section you'll see some of my pics of the site.

Yep your dead right about my poor old P2V:( it just sits in its case in the study, but I can hear it talking to me, "fly me you bas##ard" it keeps saying:D I'm off on vaction in 3 weeks time so the P2 will be coming with me;) so it will have plenty of flying time. I will never get rid of it, love it to bits;)

At the mo I'm taking out my inspire just to get used to it, great piece of kit, it's just like flying the P2 but with more power. The app is totally different to the P2 app, that's what I need to get my head around.;)

It has the scroll wheel on the RX which is very cool, you will know all about that when you start playing with your new TX;)

My FPV screen is a iPad mini which is great but at the mo I'm experiencing sun reflection so can't see much of what's going on:( just ordered myself a hoodivision for the screen so fingers x it should sort out the screen burnout problems, it's coming from the States, should be with me this week;)
Very cool place!

I'm sure the P2V will be ready and able for your holiday;) The Inspire must be great fun and the thumb wheel is fantastic I was playing around with mine all weekend. I've got a sun hood for my iPhone and my iPad air and they are great. But it gets a bit heavy with the iPad on the Tx so I stick to the iPhone 6 which has a pretty big screen.

Ah an Inspire maybe for Christmas if I'm lucky:)

Very cool place!

I'm sure the P2V will be ready and able for your holiday;) The Inspire must be great fun and the thumb wheel is fantastic I was playing around with mine all weekend. I've got a sun hood for my iPhone and my iPad air and they are great. But it gets a bit heavy with the iPad on the Tx so I stick to the iPhone 6 which has a pretty big screen.

Ah an Inspire maybe for Christmas if I'm lucky:)
You never know what Santa will bring;) my wife bought me my inspire for my 50th b/day, I must admit I thought I was getting a P3P but how wrong was I ;)

The good thing with the I1 is it comes with a harness which supports the weight of the RX so the that side of things ain't a problem.

I've got a shadeo sun screen for my P2V which is brilliant but it only fits my iPhone 6:( I tried to contact shadeo to see if they would be making a screen for iPad mini but didn't get a reply from them hence why I ordered the hoodivision, got good reviews also;)

You never know what Santa will bring;) my wife bought me my inspire for my 50th b/day, I must admit I thought I was getting a P3P but how wrong was I ;)

The good thing with the I1 is it comes with a harness which supports the weight of the RX so the that side of things ain't a problem.

I've got a shadeo sun screen for my P2V which is brilliant but it only fits my iPhone 6:( I tried to contact shadeo to see if they would be making a screen for iPad mini but didn't get a reply from them hence why I ordered the hoodivision, got good reviews also;)
What a great way to be wrong;).

@dirkclod , @Clampit , @Squiddley
Guys I got an update from Keri at RPG that they have all the components in and will be shipping out all of the latest production run by Monday or Tuesday of next week woohoo:D

The last email I sent Keri I also asked him about the 3rd axis upgrade and in his recent email he said "As for the 3rd axis upgrade - lets just say that shipment of components on Monday included a batch of 50 3-axis mini control boards;) more details soon" I wrote back and said that since I have had his back here on Phantom Pilots relaying messages to folks that are frustrated not getting replies from him he had better reserve 4 of them for me and my buddies on this forum:). Not sure it will get us anywhere but we shall see;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Sounds good ! :) Right now all I wanna see is you guys get yours !
Thanks Dirk it has been a while since my order and the waiting is killing me. But unless Keri is just giving me lip service which I don't think is the case (hope not anyway) I should have mine before the end of the month:D

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks Dirk it has been a while since my order and the waiting is killing me. But unless Keri is just giving me lip service which I don't think is the case (hope not anyway) I should have mine before the end of the month:D
I believe you will mike and as far as adding to mine I'm pretty well satisfied with what I got .Have about done all I can to it .
Tried every mod and just experimented with all I've read about in here and in the Plus section and starting to just get an itch to add to my herd of 1 .
The only thing I would like to see would be a better camera but you see where that went .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic