FPV distance loss with RotorPixel Gimbal

I believe you will mike and as far as adding to mine I'm pretty well satisfied with what I got .Have about done all I can to it .
Tried every mod and just experimented with all I've read about in here and in the Plus section and starting to just get an itch to add to my herd of 1 .
The only thing I would like to see would be a better camera but you see where that went .
So does that mean you're thinking of joining Porky in the Inspire world?

So does that mean you're thinking of joining Porky in the Inspire world?
Nope not me !! Will have a P3 at some point for the camera but would like to see were it's going first . I read in there as much as I do here .
I will always have a P2 to work with as ya can't with the other really but it looks like one that was made from all the mods that were done from all the P model's .Has it all but ya do most of it from the app .
I think if Porky had the choice he would have got the 3 just to stay here where he knows everyone .
That wasn't the case but just saying .
Now he gonna come on and read that and I'm gonna hear about it :eek::D

@dirkclod , @Clampit , @Squiddley
Guys I got an update from Keri at RPG that they have all the components in and will be shipping out all of the latest production run by Monday or Tuesday of next week woohoo:D

The last email I sent Keri I also asked him about the 3rd axis upgrade and in his recent email he said "As for the 3rd axis upgrade - lets just say that shipment of components on Monday included a batch of 50 3-axis mini control boards;) more details soon" I wrote back and said that since I have had his back here on Phantom Pilots relaying messages to folks that are frustrated not getting replies from him he had better reserve 4 of them for me and my buddies on this forum:). Not sure it will get us anywhere but we shall see;)
Great news Mike, it'll be on its way soon buddy, just hold tight then the worlds your Oyster;)

Nope not me !! Will have a P3 at some point for the camera but would like to see were it's going first . I read in there as much as I do here .
I will always have a P2 to work with as ya can't with the other really but it looks like one that was made from all the mods that were done from all the P model's .Has it all but ya do most of it from the app .
I think if Porky had the choice he would have got the 3 just to stay here where he knows everyone .
That wasn't the case but just saying .
Now he gonna come on and read that and I'm gonna hear about it :eek::D
I love my inspire but I still & will always love my P2V, that's What I 1st started with, sentimental git I am;) it's so much more fun on this side of the forum with all the guys, having a laugh plus helping each other out, that's what it's all about;)

My problem was I went on & on about the inspire to my good lady before the P3 come out, she clocked that, hence why I've got the inspire but the only regret I have is none of my buddy's have got one, no exchanging notes & things. I'm soooo trying on the other side but............. Oh a tear has just rolled down my cheek:(:D

I'll never leave this side because of all the good people hear that have helped me in the past, hats off to them all for that;)

I'm still getting my head around my new baby but it would be so much easier if I could share my problems with you guys but I can't which is such a shame:( need to do that on the other side, it's got to the point now where I can't be bothered, I'll pick it all up myself, well you know what they say, you learn from your mistakes........

Reactions: Mike Drone7
I'm still getting my head around my new baby but it would be so much easier if I could share my problems with you guys but I can't which is such a shame:( need to do that on the other side where it's got to the point now where I can't be bothered, I'll pick it all up myself, well you know what they say, you learn from your mistakes........
HUH

Would love to get an inspire or at least fly one anyways maybe come for a viait hey Porky hint hint lol anyways eventually my goal is to have a P3 by next summer for sure just gotta get some cash saved up then figure out how to tell the wife i blew 1800 bucks on another toy lol might have to get one of them insulated cardboard freezer boxes to live in but hey at least i can fly lol

Would love to get an inspire or at least fly one anyways maybe come for a viait hey Porky hint hint lol anyways eventually my goal is to have a P3 by next summer for sure just gotta get some cash saved up then figure out how to tell the wife i blew 1800 bucks on another toy lol might have to get one of them insulated cardboard freezer boxes to live in but hey at least i can fly lol

Hey squid,

I'm on my way over buddy for a holiday, yep you can fly my inspire;)

It's really the same as our Phantoms to fly which is great but would love to share teething problems the same as we do with our Phantoms:)

Great news Mike, it'll be on its way soon buddy, just hold tight then the worlds your Oyster;)
Yep the wait is almost over:D. I've got the yaw switch from J Dot to install tomorrow and picked up the Buzzcam GPS booster shield from Peter one of your fellow Brits. Can't believe it got here already I only ordered it on Monday:).

Have a fantastic weekend Porky;)

Yep the wait is almost over:D. I've got the yaw switch from J Dot to install tomorrow and picked up the Buzzcam GPS booster shield from Peter one of your fellow Brits. Can't believe it got here already I only ordered it on Monday:).

Have a fantastic weekend Porky;)

Hi Mike, the yaw switch makes all the differance when flying, should be a 5 minute job now it's plug & play;) just remember to re calibrate the tx in the RC assistant then in the phantom assistant software;)

I've not got the Buzzcam GPS booster so can't comment on that but reading up about it it looks like a nice upgrade for the GPS side of things;)

Well the met office have issued us with temps of 30c today then this afternoon thunderstorms so it looks like I'm gonna be doing this image.jpg followed by this image.jpg. :D:D

I'm meant to be taking some wedding pics this afternoon for a friend, don't look like that's gonna happen, well you never know;)

Have yourself a great weekend Mike, enjoy your mods;)

Always a battle with the weather over there:( I hope it clears up for you.
Out to the work shop to get started:).

Good luck Mike, hope all goes well with your new switch;)

Good luck Mike, hope all goes well with your new switch;)
Thanks Pork it went fantastic. It took a lot longer that I thought but that was just me being really careful:) It was the first time I had the Tx apart and J Dot posted a set of instructions and picture of where everything went so I couldn't go wrong. Put in the GPS shield too and that was another first opening up the shell of the P2V so that took a while too. It worked great too I had 10 sats right from the get go!

Remember Mike to always start with the outside screws and then the one's by the skids last and then reverse .
Just snug them first to be sure everything is lined up right before you tighten them good .
I've found the one's on the end of the arms to strip the easiest .
I've took mine apart so many times doing stuff I have had to change all my screws out :rolleyes:

Weather held out great yesturday, got the wedding pics, bride & Groom loved them. It was only group pics outside but from the air;)

Hottest day of the year here yesturday & I took my phantom not my inspire, shock, shock:eek:

Weather held out great yesturday, got the wedding pics, bride & Groom loved them. It was only group pics outside but from the air;)

Hottest day of the year here yesturday & I took my phantom not my inspire, shock, shock:eek:
Took da work horse did ya !

Took da work horse did ya !
Yep sure did & loved it;) gotta start flying it cos that's what I'm taking on my holiday which is only a few weeks away now;)

Remember Mike to always start with the outside screws and then the one's by the skids last and then reverse .
Just snug them first to be sure everything is lined up right before you tighten them good .
I've found the one's on the end of the arms to strip the easiest .
I've took mine apart so many times doing stuff I have had to change all my screws out :rolleyes:
Thanks Dirk that's exactly how I ended up doing it figuring that would be the only way to make sure everything would line up. Snugged them up a little all the way around from the inside out and then tightened them down. That last little Philips screw on the end of the arm was a bugger to get out. I ended up putting a small Philips screwdriver in a small pair of vice grips so I could put down pressure on the screw and still be able to turn it. Doesn't make sense that all the other screws on the arm are hex heads and that little on on the end of the arm a Philips:confused:

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Clampit

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik