Flying Drone in and around Atlanta

there a bunch of day use areas, some are closed for the offseason but people park and walk in sometimes. Not sure if that is cool or not but I see people do it. People park and walk in to fish and hang out off of Lake Acworth Dr. too.

My picture was the end of the lake down by where 75 crosses over (only place 75 goes over).

I've seen videos all over the lake so there must be places people start from. Of course this time of year might be more limited.

I may try to go to downtown Atlanta, either Olympic Park and/or Piedmont Park, early Saturday morning to fly. I also may go to Oakland Cemetery. If anyone's interested in meeting up, let me know. As of now the weather's looking good.

Can you goto olympic park?? I would check on that. If its ok, definatley early to avoid people.

How early? sunrise is probably 715ish.

Weather is going to be great !!!!

What about any of those really open places up in cumming area? Btw google map fowler park in cumming - very open

If not, i'm up for piedmont park sat am (i only live about 2 miles away)

Can you goto olympic park?? I would check on that. If its ok, definatley early to avoid people.

How early? sunrise is probably 715ish.

Weather is going to be great !!!!

What about any of those really open places up in cumming area? Btw google map fowler park in cumming - very open

If not, i'm up for piedmont park sat am (i only live about 2 miles away)

Every app I've checked indicate it's OK there. I'll check the TAC to confirm.

I was thinking of getting there about 6:45 to avoid people and get the sunrise.

Either location is good with me, so if you want to go to Piedmont, we can do that. I want to go downtown to get some skyline shots. I live near Cumming so I fly out there a lot...looking for new stuff.

Reactions: ferncfc
K... ping me Friday to be sure i'm free, but that sounds good

I have been to Piedmont ealry. 645 is way too early... When I have gone 730-8 its still empty

Wanna say 730/

Btw I goto the side on 10th street (by grady hs). That is a huge open area

Hello

I live in Atlanta (midtown/buckhead). Piedmont park will work. I go on weekends early to avoid crowds.

I would welcome the opportunity to do some flying with someone else. Msg me with your contact info and/or suggestions on places to go.

Perhaps we can get a small group together for sat am flying.

I am in Snellville. Would love to come out to Piedmont park to fly my P4. Have you flow there. Any permissions etc needed.

Lake acworth - not that I am aware of. Outside of airport 5 mile boundaries I believe, shows clear on app.

Watching weather for Sunday, doesn't look ideal right now though

I am in Snellville. Would love to come out to Piedmont park to fly my P4. Have you flow there. Any permissions etc needed.

There are a few heliports in the area. If you have your Part 107, you're good. At that time of day, I don't think it's an issue, but only you can make that call.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

WARNING : this is not video or pictures taken with a phantom, taken with my iphone.

I see variations of this every morning from my Buckhead office. The lump is Stone Mountain - about 16 miles away.

Not sure where to fly from but I would like to capture this some morning, about 5 minutes before the sun peeks out and 10-15 minutes of it rising.

I found a site that estimates height of high rises, this was taken on 16th floor (out the dirty window, I know) and est of 260 ft above the street.

Ideas on where to get it? There is exposed parking deck roof maybe to launch off of, don't know if that would be breaking rules though

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor