Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

Do those of you sticking to old FW use apps like Litchi that recommend using the latest FW?

My answer to that is No. I had two P2V+'s get destroyed from those type of apps. Sooner then later you have to say enough is enough, and move on.

New firmware flew great! Much too windy here, though. I about lost her a couple of times!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Did you at any point fight any strong headwind, and if so how long was the battle?

Reactions: Fplvert
I have been updating as soon as it was available. I won't do that right now. Conspiracy theories dancing in my head. I'm thinking they may reduce the range so that the P4 and the P3 are equal.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: John Locke
I have been updating as soon as it was available. I won't do that right now. Conspiracy theories dancing in my head. I'm thinking they may reduce the range so that the P4 and the P3 are equal.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That is very likely! If someone wants to zip and attach a before and after .txt files I can tell in a couple of minutes if that is in deed a fact or not.

Hi mordor, yes with 1.5 everything is ok. I downgraded to 1.4.3 just because my bird since that update suffer of small vibration when hovering at low altitude (not in video luckily). But also with 1.4.3 I've these so I'll go back forward to 1.5 that works fine for me. [emoji106]

Thanks for the reply....!
I notice a little better with 1.5, but nothing like previous 1.1.9.
2 days ago it went to RMA....so you guess what will happen........despite a warning not to do it!
loloolol

Reactions: StevenQX
I started updating the fw.
Put it on formatted SD card.
It did start the update. Green and red. It took over 10 minutes. And after it started something like this.
Its still doing it now.

i turned it off. obviously something was wrong with the update. TXT says update failed.
what should i do now?

How using the update results txt?

I would compare a previous flight before the firmware update, with a flight after the update. The .txt is your flight log data in which I would convert to a readable format. The person would just need to zip the file in a folder and attach it to a post here the same as you would when attaching a image.

Also I have heard that ios users should wait for the new go app to hit before doing this update. Not sure if that's true.
The RC update worked ok from iOs app 2.7.1. I had DJI on chat, they apologised for delaying the release of the RC update on the iOs app,and they have also confirmed that there is an Apple bug on 9.3.1 iOs that causes connection problems between RC and DJI Go app. I'm afraid I will have to pray and wait for the 9.3.2 iOs to come out, in the meantime I'm flying with wife's Iphone 6+(ios9.3.0)

I started updating the fw.
Put it on formatted SD card.
It did start the update. Green and red. It took over 10 minutes. And after it started something like this.
Its still doing it now.

i turned it off. obviously something was wrong with the update. TXT says update failed.
what should i do now?

That is what happened to mine. Check the firmware in the app. It probably is good. To be safe I downgraded and then reinstalled.

I was under the impression I had to stay within 1 update of the current version and updated to the March 2016 update last week. I had not been on this forum much or been messing with the phantom lately. Should have known better. Been flying the nano's due to the weather. Wished I would have stayed with my previous firmware as it was trouble free as well. Of course a couple flights in the March firmware has been no issues.

The RC update worked ok from iOs app 2.7.1. I had DJI on chat, they apologised for delaying the release of the RC update on the iOs app,and they have also confirmed that there is an Apple bug on 9.3.1 iOs that causes connection problems between RC and DJI Go app. I'm afraid I will have to pray and wait for the 9.3.2 iOs to come out, in the meantime I'm flying with wife's Iphone 6+(ios9.3.0)

Is this an issue only with FW 1.8, or does this cause problems for people with IOS 9.3.1 and the older 1.7 FW as well?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine is fine with 9.3.1 and the new firmware.
You mean Apple iOS 9.3.1 for iPad? Because when I went to iOS 9.0 on my iPad mini 2 w/wifi, I had horrific video signal loss. Downgraded back to iOS 8.4 & have had no problems. Have been lerry to upgrade to any iOS greater than 8.4 since.

Updated P3A, no problems.
Did a quick flight, 300ft altitude, 2000 ft out. Flew fine, although I still have a slight drift in my yaw while hovering. I was hoping a fw update and fresh imu calibration would have it spinning on a dime again, but no such luck.
Same here, updated P3A smoothly. Several flights on it so far. Seems stable but I also get a very small drift in yaw at a hover. My stops after a few (10ish) degrees. Does your continue to drift?

Thanks for that info. I think at the moment I'm one rev behind for the go app. I also held my air2 at 9.1, so I should be good there too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl