Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

For anyone that got the Signal Lost, you have to reinstall the app to 2.7.2 and update the RC.
So: Reinstall your Go App, next connect to your aircraft and update the RC

The last update my RC would not show that it needed an update. The firmware on the about screen showed the old firmware with a plus next to it. I wonder if I delete the app and reinstall if then I could update the RC.

Me too obviously [emoji1]

I remember being a newbie and reading some of the old timers bragging about staying on older firmware and I thought they didn't know what they were talking about. But then I began to see exactly what they were saying when I had to sit for weeks at a time waiting for the next firmware release hoping it would fix the issues I had been experiencing. And all that time those old timers would be flying all over the place and post video after video. It took me about 6 months but I eventually learned a lesson.

Btw, anyone reading this, if you don't lock in on a good firmware point, you should at least wait 10-14 days before uploading any firmware. Let others get stressed out over what works and what doesn't work.

Last edited:
Btw, anyone reading this, if you don't lock in on a good firmware point, you should at least wait 10-14 days before uploading any firmware. Let others get stressed out over what works and what doesn't work.
Amen! I'm ok being on the leading edge - but not the bleeding edge!

Just updated - No problems whatsoever. Worked first try. Going out to test it in flight it in a couple of hours.

Amen! I'm ok being on the leading edge - but not the bleeding edge!

Shhh.

We need sacrificial drones to test these things for us. Otherwise our Chinese Overseer will become angry.

:D

Reactions: QuikSilver15
I remember being a newbie and reading some of the old timers bragging about staying on older firmware and I thought they didn't know what they were talking about. But then I began to see exactly what they were saying when I had to sit for weeks at a time waiting for the next firmware release hoping it would fix the issues I was having. And all that time those old timers would be flying all over the place and post video after video. It took me about 6 months but I eventually learned a lesson.

Same here. With my p2v+ i always updated immediately with the result that i sold my bird that doesn't fly as well as when i bought it (no crash no hard landing always hand catching). With P3 they got me at 1.4.3 with the new features but then i begin to follow older pilots advice to don't update if the bird fly well or at least wait users firmware reports in weeks.

I was really hoping that this update had the NFZ update that would all us to fly by unlocking, I see nothing about that, this sucks for those of us that live 4.95 miles away from an airport.

Same here. With my p2v+ i always updated immediately with the result that i sold my bird that doesn't fly as well as when i bought it (no crash no hard landing always hand catching). With P3 they got me at 1.4.3 with the new features but then i begin to follow older pilots advice to don't update if the bird fly well or at least wait users firmware reports in weeks.

They tricked me big time when the P3 came out. At the very 1st I was locked in on not updating but did so after 3 days. It seemed at that time dji really had gotten their stuff worked out and totally improved over the way they had been with the P2V+. But then it all went to hell and back to the same ole song and dance when firmware 1.2.6 was released. They jacked me major on that version. I did actually sit for 5 weeks without flying due to the many issues my setup had when that version was released.

this will be my first firmware update since I bought my drone this past weekend.

how large is the firmware update? I am heading out at lunch to do some flying, and don't want to spend my lunch hour on the launch pad doing software maintenance.

can I decline the upgrade until later?

I just flew on the new firmware. No IMU calibration and no compass calibration because they were already calibrated. It flew perfectly, very stable.

this will be my first firmware update since I bought my drone this past weekend.

how large is the firmware update? I am heading out at lunch to do some flying, and don't want to spend my lunch hour on the launch pad doing software maintenance.

can I decline the upgrade until later?
You can decline the update altogether if you prefer. No rules to say you must update if things are going well!

Reactions: SharazJek
StevenQX

Did you ever recover from drifting issue?
Mine whent yesterday to RMA due cracks, with warning to NOT update, but i guess waht will happen,.....

Anyone get a feeling this is a fix for the last firmware update?

I just put in the obligatory waiting period for the 1.7 update and was gonna do it. Now it seems I have to wait a bit longer and see how this one shakes out. Good thing every day for almost a week has been like a hurricane here anyway. Easy waiting time.

Reactions: Iilbankz79
Also I have heard that ios users should wait for the new go app to hit before doing this update. Not sure if that's true.

Is it possible the hold up is Apple to approve the update?

Also I have heard that ios users should wait for the new go app to hit before doing this update. Not sure if that's true.
You can update to this latest firmware with iOS app 2.7.1. Android users need to update to 2.7.2 first so it prompts to update the RC.

No problems. Just do controller first. Give it a couple of minutes to let it find out that an update is required then the download and installation took 3 minutes tops. The aircraft firmware downloaded as usual onto memory card. Make sure card is freshly formatted and empty apart from single firmware file. Then pop it into the aircraft then turn it on. Obviously ensuring controller is off. The. Usual red green flashing light on the gimbal confirmed all was well. Nine minutes later the warning tones changed, light solid green and task complete. Everything as it should be with the phantom. Looking forward to some proper flying this weekend weather permitting.

Reactions: TerenceM and Jsun

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4