P3 Firmware DJI Releases New Firmware for the Phantom Series

Reaction score
New firmware updates are available for DJI Phantom series, please visit respective product pages to download and update your firmware. You can update the Phantom 4, Phantom 3 4K and Phantom 3 Standard firmware via DJI GO app.

The Phantom 4 firmware version is updated to v1.1.301, Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced firmware version is updated to v1.8.80, Phantom 3 4K firmware version is updated to v1.4.30, Phantom 3 Standard firmware version is updated to V1.5.70. The DJI GO app Android version is updated to v2.7.2.

Phantom 4:
What’s New:

1. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission.
2. Optimized take-off logic for the aircraft when the compass experiences interference.
3. Corrected system status information for some batteries.
4. Increased downloading speed for photos and videos.

Note:
Firmware updates for both the aircraft and remote controller is required.
If you intend to upgrade the firmware through the DJI GO app, be sure to first update the Android version of DJI GO to v 2.7.2 before upgrading the firmware for the aircraft and the remote controller.

Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced

What’s New:
1. Improved aircraft stability through optimized flight controller logic.
2. Optimized gimbal parameters.
3. Fixed clip preview error in 2.7K resolution mode.
4. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission.

Notes:
The firmware can be downgraded to v1.7.0060.
Firmware upgrade for both the aircraft and remote controller is required.

Phantom 3 4K and Phantom 3 Standard

What’s New
1. Improved aircraft stability through optimized flight controller logic.
2. Optimized gimbal parameters.

Notes
DO NOT turn off the remote controller or exit DJI GO app during the update process.

I have heard a lot of people saying the same thing. Why can't Dji come up with a suitable firmware, factory install it prior to sale, and then just leave it the hell alone? I have been hearing far too many stories of people updating then it pretty much ruins their Phantoms. Screw that, I'm leaving things just the way they are until Dji acts like they have a clue with this.

Do we need to update the smart batteries as well? (Spares)

I see upon getting my drone out today that there is a new update(groan). I had a bad experience on the last update for my standard that I think I'll skip this one and enjoy flying instead. If I could go back I wouldn't have taken update because my camera quality and response are worse. Thanks Dji.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I attempted to fly my phantom 3 pro yesterday after not having flown for 3 months, and to my surprise I was not able to, due to 4 firmware updates needed.
I was able to update my rc via my iPad mini with cellular. I was quite simple and took only a few minuets. 1 firmware update complete.

I spent an entire afternoon, however, trying to update the aircraft with a micro sd card with no success. Each time I attempted to update I would only get a solid green light on gimbal and flashing yellow on rotor. I used several different sd cards and nothing........I called dji tech support around 4:45 pacific time 15 minuets before they closed up and that was a mistake. The guy was no help at all and so I finally called it a night.
Woke up this morning, headed to staples and purchased a 64gb PNY turbo sd card. $35
Went home and and downloaded on my mac the latest update from dji "1.8" onto the root directory on my new sd card and placed card in gimbal. Turned on aircraft and got a different response but worse this time. Blinking green to solid red and then one solid grinding noise that didn't sound good.
I turned off aircraft frustrated and about to give up when I thought I would try one more thing. I borrowed my wife's windows lenovo laptop and inserted micro sd card into usb port(with adapter). I immediately formatted the card and confirmed it was empty. Then on same computer I downloaded from dji.com the latest firmware update for Phantom 3 pro.
I sent download to desktop after completion. FYI Windows will not unzip, decompress, or extract the zip fie for you unless you tell it to. Mac will extract for you. I unzipped the file then dragged the unzipped update file to the sd card and watched it copy onto the root directory successfully. Ejected the sd card and placed into aircraft gimbal.
This time the update started right away and led alternated from green to red for about 10 minuets then solid green. It was still making it's updating chirps so I left it alone for 30 minuets and thought it would stop making noise on it's own. It never did so after about 45 min I shut aircraft off and took out sd card. Placed the new sd card into mac and found new txt file and opened it.
SUCCESS!!!!!
Turned on aircraft and rc and immediately had safe to fly on screen. No more updates needed and copter is flying great.

Apparently if all else fails try using a windows computer with a fresh sd card that has been formatted exfat and then don't forget to send to sd card the unzipped download only. Only one .bin file can be on card to get a successful update.
Hope this helps.

Last night, I updated my P3 standard to the latest firmware, which is 1.6.80. After successfully downloaded the package from DJI, I tried to update the new FW into my RC and aircraft. Unfortunately, the updating process is 'hanged' at 5% progress. After that, switched off the RC and aircraft, and turned them ON again. Then, there was no wifi SSID from my Phantom appear in the list of wifi signal available for me to connect it using my phone. Already re-installed the DJI GO apps at mt Samsung Note 4 mobile device. But the same problem still happening. Unable to detect wifi signal from my P3S thus unable me to connect to both my RC and the aircraft.

Anyone facing the same issue like mine?

Hope I could get some help here.

Thanks guys :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1