Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

Updated P3A, no problems.
Did a quick flight, 300ft altitude, 2000 ft out. Flew fine, although I still have a slight drift in my yaw while hovering. I was hoping a fw update and fresh imu calibration would have it spinning on a dime again, but no such luck.

Reactions: NormanNormal
I remember being a newbie and reading some of the old timers bragging about staying on older firmware and I thought they didn't know what they were talking about. But then I began to see exactly what they were saying when I had to sit for weeks at a time waiting for the next firmware release hoping it would fix the issues I was having. And all that time those old timers would be flying all over the place and post video after video. It took me about 6 months but I eventually learned a lesson.

Btw, anyone reading this, if you don't lock in on a good firmware point, you should at least wait 10-14 days before uploading any firmware. Let others get stressed out over what works and what doesn't work.
Still on 1.1.9 ! Flies beautiful :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: alokbhargava
Do those of you sticking to old FW use apps like Litchi that recommend using the latest FW?

Do those of you sticking to old FW use apps like Litchi that recommend using the latest FW?
Anyone with firmware older than 1.4 isn't using any third party app and doesn't have smart flight modes in the dji app either. Those who do have 1.4 or newer can use apps such as litchi, however litchi developers recommend using the latest dji firmware. It is worth keeping an eye on what the autopilot developer reports as to the sdk fix third party app users have been waiting for. It might very well be fixed in this firmware. I take the approach of waiting for updates to be proven stable but then I stay current. People who are worried about update problems need to take reports of glitches with a grain of salt, mostly. Those are usually the exceptions, not the norm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenly
Took 12 minutes to upgrade bird, about 5 minutes on RC. Headed out to test shortly.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: candubob
Took 12 minutes to upgrade bird, about 5 minutes on RC. Headed out to test shortly.

[emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No problems. Just do controller first
I always update the bird first and then power that off. Then if necessary I update the go app. Then I turn on the remote and update that. I don't update the remote before the bird.

Reactions: snerd
I use litchi but I've some app crash lately, i don't know if it depends on the firmware or the app. Litchi features works anyway...I'm a beta tester since day one...

Updated to 1.08 on my p3p.. Went through about 3 different used/old/refurb/ and now new from ebay compasses.Sheared the original and next two compasses trying to install into landing gear. Boy what a pain. Had to re shell my phantom, and bust it loose 3 separate times all for compass. Finally got the compass wire where it needs to be (running underneath the lightbridge antenna )also in the same leg. Calibrated cold IMU and GIMBAL AUTO CALIBRATION , also found a good spot to calibrate new compass. 18 satellites and good clean compass calibration -along with updated RC to version 1.6 and AC to 1.08 and I'm gonna update each battery ,as i get to all 5 ,by leaving bin file on sd. Flew 20 minutes like butter. couldn't be more happier with my new shell, new compass and new FW.

Last edited:
Anyone with firmware older than 1.4 isn't using any third party app and doesn't have smart flight modes in the dji app either. Those who do have 1.4 or newer can use apps such as litchi, however litchi developers recommend using the latest dji firmware. It is worth keeping an eye on what the autopilot developer reports as to the sdk fix third party app users have been waiting for. It might very well be fixed in this firmware. I take the approach of waiting for updates to be proven stable but then I stay current. People who are worried about update problems need to take reports of glitches with a grain of salt, mostly. Those are usually the exceptions, not the norm.
Well if dji avoid to put inside the firmware NFZ maybe i would have updated. I don't want to be not able to fly because I'm 4.5km from an airport because I've enough brain to decide myself and fly 30mt high and in line of sight at a quiet close distance. More than that i don't want that my bird suddenly land wherever it is just because i touch the perimeter of a NFZ.

StevenQX

Did you ever recover from drifting issue?
Mine whent yesterday to RMA due cracks, with warning to NOT update, but i guess waht will happen,.....
Hi mordor, yes with 1.5 everything is ok. I downgraded to 1.4.3 just because my bird since that update suffer of small vibration when hovering at low altitude (not in video luckily). But also with 1.4.3 I've these so I'll go back forward to 1.5 that works fine for me. [emoji106]

Reactions: Mordor
I just got my replacement p3a and updated it to the latest FW. About 80% of the way through it started to go slow(sound slowing down) and the gimbal went limp then it went back to normal and competed.

The remote strangely done the same thing

Will be out flying it all being well tomorrow

I just got my replacement p3a and updated it to the latest FW. About 80% of the way through it started to go slow(sound slowing down) and the gimbal went limp then it went back to normal and competed.

The remote strangely done the same thing

Will be out flying it all being well tomorrow

Same thing with my p3p. The beeps slowed down and the gimbal went limp. Then it would shake as it beeped. Then it went to a loud screech. I shut it down and checked the txt file. It said upgrade failed and I should reboot and try again. I formatted the card and put the bin file back on. Put it in the craft and it did nothing. Pulled the card and it reads abort since the firmware is on it. I checked the app and it shows good. Should I downgrade and re upgrade to be safe?

Same thing with my p3p. The beeps slowed down and the gimbal went limp. Then it would shake as it beeped. Then it went to a loud screech. I shut it down and checked the txt file. It said upgrade failed and I should reboot and try again. I formatted the card and put the bin file back on. Put it in the craft and it did nothing. Pulled the card and it reads abort since the firmware is on it. I checked the app and it shows good. Should I downgrade and re upgrade to be safe?

I think my firmware update fine.

I must check the text file though to be sure

It followed the usual process with a solid green light when it finished and boots fine and all seems normal.

I think my firmware update fine.

I must check the text file though to be sure

It followed the usual process with a solid green light when it finished and boots fine and all seems normal.

Mine ended with a solid red.

New firmware flew great! Much too windy here, though. I about lost her a couple of times!!

Reactions: Tim in Florida
Winds NNE at 22mph with gusts to 31mph. Tough to control the bird in them winds!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl