Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

For what it's worth, I did the update on the P3P, than the controller and all went like normal, I haven't flown the new updates as I live in a NFZ (please fix this DJI), I will be going to my sisters hows this weekend and will do some hovering and testing.

Reactions: Jack1926
that is also the main and almost only reason i fear an update. I welcome enhancements to the product, I welcome changes that could not only increase performance / battery life, but also prevent me from crashing in conditions I can't control (such as the recent propulsion change when cold, I actually think that was a smart idea that actually HELPS us Phantom pilots), updates to the algorithms for obstacle avoidance, etc... but if an NFZ increases from what it was, or is placed where it shouldn't be, almost completely grounding most of their products, then that is a bad thing and what I fear about an update. Where I currently live, on the weekends and after work hours there are empty areas all in front of my house where I can fly safely with no issue, but there is a local small airport approximately 8 or so miles north west of my home. I don't even fly towards the direction of that airport typically, but If they increased that distance that is an NFZ, then I am screwed for even a takeoff, and the place where I normally pilot all the time is ruined, and I won't get near as much flight time as I currently do, which would ruin this hobby for me and I would most likely give up, at least on the Phantoms. (I custom build them too using Tarot ZYX-M FC's, great machines!)

Just my $0.02..

/rant

DITTO!!!!

Just Call it a $1.00 Even My Friend!!

I'm in the SAME BOAT with ya 100%!!!

Reactions: arcaine25
I am also using a Nexus 6p. The only issues I am having is that the light bridge is complete garbage. It cuts out and says no signal randomly and very frequently. I can't fly for 30 seconds without it cutting out. Then I can wait and it will come back for another 15 seconds or so. But it spends more time telling me no signal that it does giving me the image. I have tried turning down the bitrate at which it broadcasts, and customly selecting the best possible channel, and putting my phone into airplane mode when I fly. Still no luck. This is very frustrating because before the update I did not have this problem. I flew it over spring break with my Nexus 6p and never saw it say no signal(and I was flying much farther away from me in very harsh winds).. now my galaxy tab pro is getting no light bridge signal at all.. it's amazing how an update can completely screw me over and now my phantom 3 professional is kinda useless without light bridge ... thanks dji.. Side note: the Nexus 6p is a very powerful, completely stock Android phone and if dji is going to make it work with an Android phone, it should be this one. Coming straight from Google itself. It is the definition of an Android phone and for it not to be working correctly is baffling. If anyone has any advice, please let me know. I need light bridge desperately because I do primarily videos.

After the update, I took my bird out to fly in way too strong a wind. I was out in the middle of nowhere, so there was no danger, I just could not get it to fly home on my own. This was pilot error. To be safe, I hit RTH, and the Phantom came home and landed well in some pretty strong gusts.

My only issue is that my Nexus 6p will not connect to the RC since the update. My old HTC One M8 connected and worked great.

Does anyone on here use a Nexus 6p? If so, did you experience any issues after the update?

I have the 6p and have the same problems. I tried the bird with my iPhone and it was better, but the 6p is laggy and loses signal. I have been 600 ft away, and have lost signal and been prompted to return home, with the Phantom squarely in sight and under control. The video is ALWAYS laggy, and I get messages like "Safe to fly non-GPS mode" with 18 satellites and full GPS lock. It is frustrating.

Reactions: Gliding Drone Pilot
Under a year old? send it in? My P3P had to go in twice. My H is driving me nuts with dark lower videos, cant get to adjust the lower screen videos!

Whats the verdict on this FW?

I run it without issue, have since it was released. I was hesitant, but no problems so far, and probably 30+ flights since install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic