Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

Negative. The RC and the App have separate firmware/software.

Edited for clarity: The RC has its own firmware , and the App has its own software, dependent on the device's operating system.
Ok. So do we assume there can't be certain dependencies in updated versions of the GO app that might rely on updated RC firmware to function correctly?

Is it possible to go from 1.4 to 1.8 directly?
There was a battery update with 1.5 so you may have to go to that one first, update the bird and rc and batteries and then do 1.8. Unless 1.8 has the battery update in it and you can go directly. Not sure. Big help I am, lol. The only thing thing to consider is that battery update. Someone will have to confirm.

I've no chance to update today...
Pls, if anyone can post log (long version in the hidden folder), we can check if new fw contains battery update.

Hi, I just upgraded from 1.07.6 to 1.080088.
All was done in 6 minutes, ended with success.

But when launching RC and DJI Go I got the fast flashing yellow lights and the red "Signal Lost" message.
I have the camera view, the gimbal moves OK and the camera settings available, but the motors won't start.

I read in the release note that both AC and RC must be updated or they'll not link, fine. But how to update the RC?
DJi Go says "latest firmware" with RC at 1.57 and AC at 1.0760+ (??? why not 1.08?) and ask for nothing and doesn't download any RC firmware either.

I tried pairing the RC and the drone, push the small switch, DJI Go says process ending as usual BUT the small link-led keeps flashing red-light. No joy.

I've done all this above using DJI Go 2.6.1.
So I tried again, installing DJI Go v2.7.2 issued today : all the same symptoms. Signal Lost, motors don't start, unable to pair AC and RC.

I try to downgrade back to FW 1.076 in copying it on a blank formated SD card and firing the drone up: no joy, does nothing, says FW is same or older.

So what can I do to get it working? I'm despaired...
Hold down c1 c2 record and take photo on the controller whilst starting it should have a blye/cyan light if connected to the dji go app it will update ☺

Ok. So do we assume there can't be certain dependencies in updated versions of the GO app that might rely on updated RC firmware to function correctly?
I would expect that to be true. I can fly the same AC with the same RC but using different devices with different operating systems. (Android vs iOS)

I would expect that to be true. I can fly the same AC with the same RC but using different devices with different operating systems. (Android vs iOS)
GO version, not operating system. I don't think orbit, waypoint etc could be accessed without an rc update.

GO version, not operating system. I don't think orbit, waypoint etc could be accessed without an rc update.
No, what I mean is the following:

IF you have an Android device and it contains the latest version of GO for Android, and I have an iOS device and it contains the latest version of GO for iOS, which in this case are not the same (there is no GO upgrade for iOS), you can upgrade the AC, upgrade RC using either device,and go and fly using the other device.

If the RC protocol to/from DJI Go App is changed for any reason (add features, new log info, video streaming settings and so on) you need to update both and in this case, a misalignement of releases can't connect toghether App and RC. Same apply to AC to/from RC protocol (it's the case of last firmware).

If the RC protocol to/from DJI Go App is changed for any reason (add features, new log info, video streaming settings and so on) you need to update both and in this case, a misalignement of releases can't connect toghether App and RC. Same apply to AC to/from RC protocol (it's the case of last firmware).
Thank you Dome, what i should have said is Im reluctant to upgrade untill the iOS version of GO is out. Chances are it will be fine but things are working well wnough now I can wait. Who knows what DJI have done this time.

Read the procedure for updating RC. It updates separately NOT connected to AC.
I'm not sure if you are just replying to the wrong comment or you just didn't read my comments.
1. I don't use to update the RC while having the copter on
2. When I posted my comment DJI hadn't released yet the RC firmware for iOs app 2.7.1, they confirmed it on live chat and I posted it on my next commentFirmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes). In order to get the update for the RC through the 2.7.1 ios app I was OFFICIALLY told to turn RC on, then turn the copter on and then open the app in order for the APP to "see" the RC update and guess what: it worked!

Last edited:
I highly recommend not running 1.5 firmware. The DJI guys were pretty stern when describing how dangerous it was for sudden power shutdown. When I spoke to them at the CES show in January they said the firmware doesn't read voltage levels correctly, which results in sudden auto landings, and some cases power shutdowns midflight. That firmware cost DJI dearly in warranty claims, birds falling from the sky. As I was leaving the DJI booth they said to me, never fly 1.5, just don't go there. Hence, I've deemed that firmware the kiss of death. I think the sudden power shutdowns are in very cold climates, but can't say for sure, and I'll never know since I'll never fly 1.5.
I know that thanks but seems affect only some phantoms and mostly in cold environment. I have drifting issues with 1.4 so 1.5 is my favourite. 1.6 i don't remember if it contains NFZ, if not maybe I'll give it a try...

Reactions: Mordor
FW update loaded with no issues whatsoever Phantom 3 advanced, Ipad mini 4 on ios 9.3.1....App on 2.7.1, Aircraft on 1.8,80, Rc on 1.6.0
smile.gif

Reactions: Erroll
The RC update worked ok from iOs app 2.7.1. I had DJI on chat, they apologised for delaying the release of the RC update on the iOs app,and they have also confirmed that there is an Apple bug on 9.3.1 iOs that causes connection problems between RC and DJI Go app. I'm afraid I will have to pray and wait for the 9.3.2 iOs to come out, in the meantime I'm flying with wife's Iphone 6+(ios9.3.0)

Personally, I think Apple doesn't give a hoot about the connection problems between the DJI GoApp & Apple's iOS versions. This is why I downgraded my iPad back to iOS 8.4.1 & it will stay there because it works flawlessly. If Apple & DJI can ever work together I believe it will only come to be because it will be a financial deal. Where Apple will want some compensation from DJI. (Don't hold your breath.)

How is the RC firmware installed?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
RC is updated through DJI Go App.

Keep A/C off. Switch on RC. Switch on DJI Go App. Keep internet on. Check the status. You will see RC needs to be updated. Hit on the link to update. Process will start. Reboot when it gets over.

The problem is that there is no 2.7.2 app yet on Apple store :O
It's not a new DJI GO update, it is a Radio Control Update, After doing the aircraft, turn all off and back on again, then you should be alerted to a firmware update, just click on it and it will update, I actually had to do it twice before it work do it.

It's not a new DJI GO update, it is a Radio Control Update, After doing the aircraft, turn all off and back on again, then you should be alerted to a firmware update, just click on it and it will update, I actually had to do it twice before it work do it.
forgot, turn aircraft off, why I had to do Twice!

I'm currently chatting with a DJI rep and i was told this
"I know, the update was not online before

That is why you dod not get it

Please excuse us"

so i turned on rc, then turned on drone and then opened the 2.7.1 ios app and now the update is showing and i'm downloading it
UPDATE: all good now :)
You don't want the AC and RC on at the same time for update process.

Do those of you sticking to old FW use apps like Litchi that recommend using the latest FW?

Matti,

On my P3Pro's I locked in on 1.4.3 so I could get the advanced flight modes but I also locked in the Litchi and DJI Go apps. This is another reason I fly Android. If I need to downgrade an app it's much easier than iOS. On my P2V+v3, I did the same thing. I locked down the firmware and the DJI, Litchi and UF apps. I was using a Tab 4 for the P2 so I just locked it down and retired it for use with just the P2. I use an Nvidia Shield and a Tab S2 for my P3's and 3dr Solo. All of my birds are solid and I still fly pretty much exclusively with Litchi. I keep the DJI stuff for settings and troubleshooting only. My P2 still flies great, as a matter of fact, I'm upgrading the camera lens right now to get rid of the fisheye. Just thought I'd share what has worked well for me, I'm not saying it's right or wrong. YMMV, good luck!

Jerry

Reactions: StevenQX

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik