Firmware update 3/26/14

BigBadFun said:
WHAT A PILE OF CRAP. Toilet bowling probably worse than ever. J-Hooking still exists.

Totally defective product. DJI - WTF are you doing??????????????????????????????????? Not happy.

Can you give us some real feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBadFun said:
WHAT A PILE OF CRAP. Toilet bowling probably worse than ever. J-Hooking still exists.

Totally defective product. DJI - WTF are you doing??????????????????????????????????? Not happy.

Can you give us some real feedback?

OK, plugged in Phantom.
Told me to upgrade to v2.0
Click OK, beep beep, blah blah, whatever, please power cycle. Successful. Phantom now v2.0
Powered off/on.
Ran basic calibration.
Ran advanced calibration.
Switched off.

Plugged in plastic piece of junk excuse for a controller.
Clicked CALIBRATION.
Twiddled the crappy little twiggley things for a while. Clicked FINISH.
All good - powered off/on.

Took into big empty field free of any pipes, concrete or electromagnetic interference.
Turned the bastard on.
Did a compass calibration.
All lights flashing as per normal.

Lift off to 10m in the air, released sticks.
Instant toilet bowling - gradually increasing out of control circles.
Screamed "YOU PIECE OF S&*&*T"
Explained to neighbours what I was doing.

Came in to write this.

Hi,

I'm also flying the P2 in NZ and also have the "toilet bowling" effect. I even replaced the compass ... no luck.

Maybe it's a location related issue. I mean ... we're sitting on an endless pile of volcanic rock. Maybe that is an issue!?!

What are your compass raw values?

Cheers

BigBadFun said:
OK, plugged in Phantom.
Click OK, beep beep, blah blah, whatever, please power cycle. Successful. Phantom now v2.0
Powered off/on.
Ran basic calibration.
Switched off.

Clicked CALIBRATION.

Took into big empty field free of any pipes, concrete or electromagnetic interference.
Turned the bastard on.

Came in to write this.

BigBadFun said:
OK, plugged in Phantom.
Powered off/on.
Ran basic calibration.
Switched off.

Clicked CALIBRATION.

Turned the bastard on.

Came in to write this.

Hey buddy,
I'm also in Christchurch. What I think you've done (or not done) is you have calibrated your controller in the RC Controller assistant, not the V2.0 assistant. I did this once before and had all sorts of problems until I figured it out and got it sorted. I'm going to do my update soon and I'll let you know how it goes. I understand how frustrating these things can be but hey, got to be easier than dealing with EQC right? (a little local humour).

Attachments

• imu.jpg
    imu.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 447
PetePerrim said:
I'm going to do my update soon and I'll let you know how it goes. I understand how frustrating these things can be but hey, got to be easier than dealing with EQC right? (a little local humour).

Hey man! Good to hear from ya. Yeah - EQC - tell me about it! :| Yep - calibrated controller in both software.

Let me know how you go - I'm out in Yaldhurst (Old West Coast Road)

BigBadFun said:
PetePerrim said:
I'm going to do my update soon and I'll let you know how it goes. I understand how frustrating these things can be but hey, got to be easier than dealing with EQC right? (a little local humour).

Hey man! Good to hear from ya. Yeah - EQC - tell me about it! :| Yep - calibrated controller in both software.

Let me know how you go - I'm out in Yaldhurst (Old West Coast Road)

I'm in Northwood. What that means is that we are probably both in the no fly zone placed on way point flying within 8km of Chch Intl. Im going to wait until tomorrow before updating now, its pitch black out there, not the best time to have to go hunting for a crashed quad! I'll report back how mine turns out.

Anyone successfully updated the BTU to 1.0.1.3? I have updated everything else, but can't get this to work.....

BigBadFun said:
OK, plugged in Phantom.
Powered off/on.
Ran basic calibration.
Switched off.

Clicked CALIBRATION.

Turned the bastard on.

Came in to write this.

Did u update both the Main Controller Firmware Version : 2.00 and Central Board Firmware Version : 1.0.1.24 and then get the 'Toilet bowling' effect ?

Anybody else successfully updated it and fly w/o any issue ?

magick said:
BigBadFun said:
OK, plugged in Phantom.
Powered off/on.
Ran basic calibration.
Switched off.

Clicked CALIBRATION.

Turned the bastard on.

Came in to write this.

Did u update both the Main Controller Firmware Version : 2.00 and Central Board Firmware Version : 1.0.1.24 and then get the 'Toilet bowling' effect ?

Anybody else successfully updated it and fly w/o any issue ?
Yes, I updated everything except the btu, and it worked out vey good. After that I updated the Btu as well to the latest firmware and now it won't connect with the iPad app. I guess I need to wait for the new updated app in order to connect again..

BigBadFun said:
OK, plugged in Phantom.
Powered off/on.
Ran basic calibration.
Switched off.

Clicked CALIBRATION.

Turned the bastard on.

Came in to write this.

Never had any toilet bowl effect, myself, and maybe you're doing this right, but I'm wondering if you are doing that "calibration dance" so many people seem to do where they hold their arms out and spin themselves in a circle. You should be staying still and rotating only the copter in your hands, around a fixed axis.

You're supposed to ROTATE around a fixed point, not revolve around it.

Am I the only one confused by all this mixed up terminology? :?

Am I correct in saying that this v2.0 upgrade is ONLY in respect of the on-board systems in the Phantom itself?

Am I right in saying nothing has changed with regard to the transmitter, and that the firmware for that is still v1.1 dated 20th Feb 2014?

I have to say that it would help me a lot if DJI referred to anything in the Phantom itself as 'on-board system' or 'on-board whatever' and used the word 'controller' only when talking about the r/c transmitter.

Eos630 said:
Never had any toilet bowl effect, myself, and maybe you're doing this right, but I'm wondering if you are doing that "calibration dance" so many people seem to do where they hold their arms out and spin themselves in a circle. You should be staying still and rotating only the copter in your hands, around a fixed axis.

Where did that come from? I've seen that in a lot of videos. It shows how you're supposed to do it, clearly in the manual. I thought maybe that was the calibration process from an older Phantom.

poostik said:
Eos630 said:

Where did that come from? I've seen that in a lot of videos. It shows how you're supposed to do it, clearly in the manual. I thought maybe that was the calibration process from an older Phantom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfaRpNp-__k explanation of a toilet bowl effect video.

i calibrate my compass only in a wide open area with no EMC and no concrete with any iron grade on floor and only then i fly, to avoid fly away and other weird stuff.

and about the firmware 2.0 ? any news?

KassioLM said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfaRpNp-__k explanation of a toilet bowl effect video.
i calibrate my compass only in a wide open area with no EMC and no concrete with any iron grade on floor and only then i fly, to avoid fly away and other weird stuff.

Thank you, and that music made me cry a little, but no one was asking what TBE was. Someone was just blaming the new firmware for not fixing it.

poostik said:
Eos630 said:

For some reason I get better results with my P2 when I hold arms out and rotate around. Tried it both ways.

I just updated my Phantom 2 to 2.0 without any issues. Just got back in from flying the Phantom 2 around the backyard. Seems extremely stable. I set both the Altitude and Radius to 100 Ft. just to see how that works. Works well! I pushed the stick all the way up and once it got up to 100 Ft. (I guess), it just stopped and hovered. Very nice feature if you ask me.

I do not have the the Ground Station setup just yet, but might splurge for it this weekend. So, I could not test the Ground Station additions.

As a side note, I went ahead and did an Advanced Calibration on the Phantom 2, and then took it outside and calibrated the compass. Again, NO PROBLEMS at all. Upgraded, Did the Advanced Calibration, Calibrated all my sticks and X1, took it outside and calibrated the compass. Took her up in the air, and flew her around the backyard. EXTREMELY stable, and I had 15-20 mph winds around me.. Yeah, stupid to fly in such winds, but it was flying just fine in those windy conditions, so I can't wait to see her handle better weather. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan