Firmware update 3/26/14

Fdnyfish said:
Hmmm I just installed 2.0 on my PC but when I connect to my P2 it says no updates available

Same problem here!!!!

If you are using the canbus already. How do you connect GS to P2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The notes read: 1. Upgrade the main controller and central board firmware to the latest version using PHANTOM 2 Assistant Software V2.00 otherwise there will be malfunction caused by version mismatch.

I have never done a firmware update.

So... Main Controller is referring to the RC Transmitter? To update this I have to connect the transmitter via USB connector?
So the central board is inside the Phantom?

This process i have to make 2 separate connections to my Mac?

d4ddyo said:
The notes read: 1. Upgrade the main controller and central board firmware to the latest version using PHANTOM 2 Assistant Software V2.00 otherwise there will be malfunction caused by version mismatch.

I have never done a firmware update.

So... Main Controller is referring to the RC Transmitter? To update this I have to connect the transmitter via USB connector?
So the central board is inside the Phantom?

This process i have to make 2 separate connections to my Mac?

The Main Controller to which they are referring is the Main Controller in the Phantom 2 itself.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

extrememc said:

Depends what you're using the canbus for... you can also connect to the iosd (daisy chain). If you have no more ports you'll have to install a hub.

Actually scratch that, you should be able to plug the GS into the canbus and then whatever you have that is using it already into the GS, same type of daisy chain procedure.

I have iosd mini.

extrememc said:

Your OSD has a CAN bus connection on the side so it is effectively working like a daisy chain. You should not need a hub unless DJI implemented CAN in a non-standard way.

same here - v2 assistant says need to update f/w - but on update says none available. tried on mac and pc - same issue.

I see GS iOS App has not yet been updated so maybe they are waiting on apple to get that up on store first?

Stupid use of terminology. They should use "FLIGHT controller" to indicate the NAZA box which is the brains of a Phantom.

The Flight Limit in the current P1 firmware is by default set to both 2000m but the yellow note that appears when you hover over the field says its range can be set from 10-100,000m which should be enough for most users. :mrgreen:

AND it only works in GPS mode so if you fly in NAZA mode and switch to Atti the whole geofence is ignored and you can fly past its current settings.

aoatley said:
same here - v2 assistant says need to update f/w - but on update says none available. tried on mac and pc - same issue.

I see GS iOS App has not yet been updated so maybe they are waiting on apple to get that up on store first?

yeah, maybe is a working in progress.

mcmax20 said:
Actually scratch that, you should be able to plug the GS into the canbus and then whatever you have that is using it already into the GS, same type of daisy chain procedure.

The Data Link module for the GS package (the part that goes on the Phantom) only has one canbus port, to connect it to another component...can't daisy-chain things through it.

OI Photography said:
mcmax20 said:

The Data Link module for the GS package (the part that goes on the Phantom) only has one canbus port, to connect it to another component...can't daisy-chain things through it.

My mistake, I don't have it sitting in front of me right now :)

Great, I'm gonna need another Phantom just to carry all the extra stuff required to make everything work!
How am I supposed to fit the following into/onto my P2:
Flytrex
IRC600mW
iOSD mini
Datalink
Canbus hub

:eek:

2trickpony said:
Great, I'm gonna need another Phantom just to carry all the extra stuff required to make everything work!
Flytrex
IRC600mW
iOSD mini
Datalink
Canbus hub

I am with you on that.

2trickpony said:
Flytrex
IRC600mW
iOSD mini
Datalink
Canbus hub

Why the canbus hub? You can connect the Data Link through the iOSD mini.

OI Photography said:
2trickpony said:
Flytrex
IRC600mW
iOSD mini
Datalink
Canbus hub

There is not another canbus port on the mini.

extrememc said:
OI Photography said:
2trickpony said:
Flytrex
IRC600mW
iOSD mini
Datalink
Canbus hub

There is not another canbus port on the mini.

Yes, there is. It's the data link that doesn't have a CAN daisy chain connection. Further to this, you can simply tap the wires for the CAN bus and add as many devices as you want. Very easy to do. You should never need the CAN hub unless you have five left thumbs and can't solder to save your life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan