Firmware update 3/26/14

extrememc said:
What are you trying to do up/ down grade?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying to get GS functions in V2 without the restrictions forced on by V3

Then use assist v2 to upgrade from 1.08.

extrememc said:
Then use assist v2 to upgrade from 1.08.

I did exactly that, didnt see anyone posted it can actually be done so I posted it up.
I would expect DJI to someday remove the older filed from their servers though, wish there was a way to save the firmware files locally.

Me too. FYI re-cal your sticks, IMU then compass before flight. That's what I did and it flies well.

Yea-if you're at 2.0...stop!!! You're done!!! Go fly, and leave it alone.
IF you need to install 3.0, you need to install the 3.0 assistant first. You will always get a "nag screen" upon opening Naza.....even though you are "current"......
Go fly!!

So what's the procedure if I downloaded assistant v2, and it upgraded me to firmware 3.0 (but unable to browse other tabs as I get the 'mismatched firmware' error). How do I get back down to v2? I'm in the process of building a FPV, so I think I need to upgrade my iosd, right? I know I definitely need to get into the assistant software to calibrate controls, etc. as I haven't done that since getting my P2.

Any way to downgrade?

mysticalice said:
So what's the procedure if I downloaded assistant v2, and it upgraded me to firmware 3.0 (but unable to browse other tabs as I get the 'mismatched firmware' error). How do I get back down to v2? I'm in the process of building a FPV, so I think I need to upgrade my iosd, right? I know I definitely need to get into the assistant software to calibrate controls, etc. as I haven't done that since getting my P2.

Any way to downgrade?
I don't know. You shouldn't have been able to upgrade to firmware 3.0, without using Assistant 3.0. That was my understanding. Unless someone knows anything different-I was told once you upgrade to 3.0, you can't go back..... :(

If you have firmware 3.0 on there now, you need to download and install version 3.0 Assistant software.

From what I have read on this forum you can go backward using the corresponding assist software.

Somehow Assitant software v2 upgraded my Phantom2 to 3.0 firmware (and at this point the v3 software wasn't even available on the website).

Now I want to go back to 2.0. Looks like I need to install the v3 assistant and go through that process?

havasuphoto said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
Just upgraded to the newest firmware 3.0 all im getting now is a firmware miss match and un able to use software 2.0 this sucks dji suck thinking about sending theis back and getting my money back this should no way be this expensive at all £100 max
So, what you are saying is-you "bricked" your Phantom 2?!!!
NO its fine now needed the new assistant software lol all fine with 3.0

ginsonic said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
Just upgraded to the newest firmware 3.0 all im getting now is a firmware miss match and un able to use software 2.0 this sucks dji suck thinking about sending theis back and getting my money back this should no way be this expensive at all £100 max

You need to use new 3.0 assistant. I haved problems too untill I updated my Phantom 2 with assistant 3.0.
Thanks sorted it straight after this comment and didn't return till now thanks any way :)

mysticalice said:
havasuphoto said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
So, what you are saying is-you "bricked" your Phantom 2?!!!

I wouldn't blame him for that. When you plug a device in to get a firmware update and the manufacturer's firmware process fails, then it's not him that bricked it, it's the manufacturer.

FYI I have the same issue, I can't navigate to any page in the assistant software because of a 'firmware mismatch', but I can still fly my P2 just fine
You need the latest assistant software

havasuphoto said:
mysticalice said:

Any way to downgrade?
I don't know. You shouldn't have been able to upgrade to firmware 3.0, without using Assistant 3.0. That was my understanding. Unless someone knows anything different-I was told once you upgrade to 3.0, you can't go back..... :(

If you have firmware 3.0 on there now, you need to download and install version 3.0 Assistant software.
You can for some reason it happened to me and i got the same miss match message ( i know it should not be able to be done~) but it can and i just downloaded the new 3.0 software and re did it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan