Firmware update 3/26/14

Yes, there is. It's the data link that doesn't have a CAN daisy chain connection. Further to this, you can simply tap the wires for the CAN bus and add as many devices as you want. Very easy to do. You should never need the CAN hub unless you have five left thumbs and can't solder to save your life.

Cool, thanks Ian.

So new software and firmware update not going well I see... Will watch this thread like a hawk waiting to hear from someone who has updated firmware successfully. Good luck.

This really gets my goat. Why do we all buy these phantoms if they are backed by a dishonest company, and nothing is ever works right? I just don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From an IT-perspective, this update was just released today. Given that DJI serves customers internationally and without knowing the location of their servers/infrastructure, it may be a little bit before everything propagates and updates in everybody's Assistant software.

I view it like Windows Updates or an update to Windows/VMware products - give it a week or two and see how people like it.

The only people that I would think need to update immediately are those that may be having issues with their current setup. I am not having any issues (knock on wood) and as such, even if the software comes up and tells me I need to update, I won't be updating for a while.

Just my $.02.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

dbolner said:
This really gets my goat. Why do we all buy these phantoms if they are backed by a dishonest company, and nothing is ever works right? I just don't get it.

Dishonest? More like disorganized. They could just not bother putting out anything and telling everyone GS is off. They're putting out a firmware that enhances the product and delivers on GS. If it's not to your liking, there are other options.

I just feel like they have mislead there customers and lead them to believe that have everything under control

I agree with ianwood. I just thankful that their innovative. I have a Blade QX 350 too so I know the difference.

Installed Assistant v2.0 - no firmware updates available downunder yet. :roll:

Don't get me wrong. If they don't fix the hooking declination bug, I will beat them with a shoe! Or better yet, I will go "occupy" their LA office. But, I suspect they are going to fix it. It appears that they are trying to raise the level of their service and customer satisfaction. They're doing well in some places and still need a lot of work in others. But, you can see the trend going in the right direction at least. And remember, they actually apologized in the firmware notes about the delay for GS. How many American companies apologize for anything? Apple has a crap load of apologizing to do. That'll never happen!

In the new firmware.... "The maximum descending speed is limited to 3m/s." Never paid a attention to it before but what could you achieve before at full down stick?

hook3m said:
In the new firmware.... "The maximum descending speed is limited to 3m/s." Never paid a attention to it before but what could you achieve before at full down stick?

A nice big crash is what was commonly achieved above 3m/s. I wouldn't go above 2m/s and even that is with a lot of lateral movement to prevent stalling.

ianwood said:
hook3m said:

A nice big crash is what was commonly achieved above 3m/s. I wouldn't go above 2m/s and even that is with a lot of lateral movement to prevent stalling.

Full noise spiral dives are the answer for quick descent ... ;)

Could this possible be the answer to no more flyaway and the need for a GPS unit?

hook3m said:

You could achieve an uncontrolled plummet where gravity took over the descent and you ended up hitting the ground with an impressive 'bang' and a mangled gimbal. Speaking from experience here!! :roll:

PetePerrim said:
hook3m said:

You could achieve an uncontrolled plummet where gravity took over the descent and you ended up hitting the ground with an impressive 'bang' and a mangled gimbal. Speaking from experience here!! :roll:

Maybe in Att. mode but not in GPS. I've been 1000 ft and did a full stick down until about 200 ft. with no issues and full control. If you $#% up your Phantom it straight up Pilot error.

hook3m said:
PetePerrim said:
hook3m said:

Maybe in Att. mode but not in GPS. I've been 1000 ft and did a full stick down until about 200 ft. with no issues and full control. If you $#% up your Phantom it straight up Pilot error.

While it can still be attributed to pilot error, there are plenty of people who have reported the VRS effect while descending in GPS mode.

172.gif

Ok... Trolls... I wasn't asking for flight advise or opinions. Just the difference in descent speed pre and post firmware update.

Will this firmware upgrade to the p2z fix the fly away issue all together as far as mechanical issues go

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan