Firmware update 3/26/14

Ksc

Reaction score
http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... tes_en.pdf

Some pretty interesting things here. Yes the ground station is the main event but there is so much more than that:
Main Controller Firmware
1. Supported of iPad Ground Station and PC Ground Station functions. When using iPad Ground Station, the BTU
firmware should be upgrade to V1.0.1.3 or above.
2. Added Flight Limits functions, including Max Height and Max Radius limits.
3. Added LED indicators warning, if non-DJI smart battery is detected, the LED flight indicators will be solid red.
4. Optimized compass calibration algorithm to increasing its resistance to interferences.
5. Improved battery level detecting methods to make low battery level warning more precise.
6. The maximum descending speed is limited to 3m/s.
7. Fixed the bouncing problems after landed.

The question I have until I update is if the flight limits means it will know if I'm in the US and know that I'm not allowed higher than 400 ft and stop me.

The "non-DJI smart battery" thing is neat. Does that mean someone is making cheaper smart batteries that I could buy instead of buying $150 ones? At first I thought this was to prevent people from putting the Nava 2 in the Phantom and using any battery but this isn't a firmware update for that naza.

the compass swirl issue I've read that has bother many has been solved (and people debate on if they should update or not)

The speed decreasing descent is questionable, I wonder if 3m/s is slow enough that I could come straight down and avoid my prop wash. Or because people don't understand airflow and just come straight down all the time and then cry about the prop wash making their Phantom crash.

The added maximum height and radius limits bother me. I fly mainly in Vietnam and there is no maximum height issues. If I update will I only be able to fly to a maximum of 400feet ???? Or does that only apply to flying in the USA with the ground station???

I take a lot of footage at 400 to 600 feet. Would not like to loose this function, but I want the ground station.

Fanti said:
Yes, but by how much respectively up to what limits ?

I won't get to the firmware until tomorrow at the earliest. Why not download the assistant and run it? You should be able to tell without actually updating your phantom.

did everyone else successfully install this? Whenever i plug in through usb and open pt2 and click main controller firmware it says there is none, but then it won't let me switch off any screen other than the firmware one because it says "you must update main controller firmware"...but when I try it says no firmware.

Hmmm I just installed 2.0 on my PC but when I connect to my P2 it says no updates available

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 2,780
Fanti said:
Yes, but by how much respectively up to what limits ?

I think you're misreading it. They're adding the ability for you to set your own limits, not adding specific limits of their own. that's how it works in the current regular NAZA firmware.

Fanti said:
I just spoke to DJI and they said max limit is 2000 M.

Interesting, because that's what other Phantoms ship with as the default setting but you can change it. In fact the P2V firmware update today states: "Max height is set at 400m and max radius is 1600m by default. The
default parameters can be configured in the Assistant Software v2.00."

They apologized for ground station being late. That was actually pretty thoughtful of them. Curious about this advanced compass calibration algorithm. Who's gonna be first?

Fink said:

+1 - I'm at work though so don't really have a choice until later

Ksc said:
Fdnyfish said:
Hmmm I just installed 2.0 on my PC but when I connect to my P2 it says no updates available

And the fun has begun.....

Thinking I'll just hang back here and do a lot of reading - and wait for this to iron out. Not that long ago we had that camera update and you remember how well THAT went... :cry:

any new limitations sound very annoying. However a altitude limit of 2000m sounds not that big a deal. Range however.. I'll wait a bit for upgrading mine and read about it

Judging by the revised manual, the max height and radius will be enabled by default but can be turned off. It defaults to ICAO international standard for class G airspace and can be changed by the user.

The Assistant Software still shows v.1.08 as the latest main controller version. Can't update it now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan