Dual Battery Mod

I'm really looking forward to hearing about your flight test when the Kentucky winds subside!!!

Several questions:
1. Where did you order the hyperions and the sky charger?
2. When is it time to retire a DJI smart battery? Can you post a picture and show "why" the clone didn't split well? I can buy a clone to host and use my oem for splitting. I've got the parts ready, just nervous.
3. I'm still not convinced Hyperion is the way to go. Check this out: 30 Min Long Time Voyage Extra Battery Container Refit Kit For DJI Phantom 3
a1f1bbe58d27440da324f0b74d0eeb41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm really looking forward to hearing about your flight test when the Kentucky winds subside!!!

Several questions:
2. When is it time to retire a DJI smart battery? Can you post a picture and show "why" the clone didn't split well? I can buy a clone to host and use my oem for splitting. I've got the parts ready, just nervous.
3. I'm still not convinced Hyperion is the way to go. Check this out: 30 Min Long Time Voyage Extra Battery Container Refit Kit For DJI Phantom 3

I also would love to see what caused the split to not go well with some photos

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I will try to post pics of my destroyed battery this weekend. I rely wanted that battery to work. I will be ordering another clone battery soon.
I don't think anyone rely knows the life expectancy of the P3 battery. 50 - or- 60 charges??

Several questions:

Has anyone done that "30 min long time voyage" kit? Seems a bit sketchy.

The questions you asked are all answered in this thread. This thread has a wealth of information and would probably assist you in determining your way forward. I hate long threads but I have read this one probably 5x over.

A quarter the entry cost at $60 seems sketchy for a piece of 3D plastic and a carbon fiber plate with some cables... But 1 Hyperion setup (2 batteries plus sky charger) is going to cost at least double a clone.

The questions you asked are all answered in this thread. This thread has a wealth of information and would probably assist you in determining your way forward. I hate long threads but I have read this one probably 5x over.
There's talk and a picture of a P2 battery tray mod with gimbal extension bracket around 3 weeks ago but again, it was for the p2. As far as I know and I have read this thread thoroughly there arent any P3's with this mod in this thread yet.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll find it...eventually. This thread is only 30+ pages.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll find it...eventually. This thread is only 30+ pages.

It was pretty much determined the added weight of the mod itself plus a battery is adding a lot of dead weight. You could get a lighter configuration using the brackets and a different combination of LiHV batteries.

Reactions: Noble 1
Fingers crossed that tomorrow will bring better weather. As long as it's not raining I'm going to test my bird out. I'm dying to get it up in the air. As soon as I do though I will post the results. Thanks again for everyone's opinions .

Fingers crossed that tomorrow will bring better weather. As long as it's not raining I'm going to test my bird out. I'm dying to get it up in the air. As soon as I do though I will post the results. Thanks again for everyone's opinions .

Me too. 4 flights left on the battery mod before I can start pushing it. Sat will be almost 60f here and Sun 56.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I agree with 13flyer.I wish I had left mine stock. Now to put all this in the case, will be a chore.
I've had birds that look like Frankenstein within antennas flying off everywhere! I found the best thing is to take the top portion of the carton that comes in the phantom box,put it in the bottom of a duffel bag & and flip your bird over and put it upside down in the bag. The tray in the bottom usually keeps the bag from collapsing on to your antennas. It's good to carry the field can't be too rough with it though like a case. Not only is it a pain in the *** to take the antennas off every time you put it away it's also bad for your connection

Reactions: phantom13flyer
How are the cells attached to the board ?

There should be two almost blades coming out the top of the cell which you would need to desolder from the smart cap and then solder a wire onto .. If that makes sense

If you get some good light that camera may take better photos

Yeah, i'd be concerned with the shadow also because we are doing this for long-distance. And it looks like you have two video antennas on the same side of the bird at some point either coming or going that's going to cause a problem ,maybe negligible, but from what I understand you're trying to go past your 4 miles that you was going without the mod!
It's ideal to have one video on front corner one on back corner but opposite sides, and same with control
That's exactly what Tony told me. I'm wondering if just swapping the birdside internal antenna connections on the 4 stock antennas to create this diagonal configuration might be the simplest and best solution for both video and control at long range...

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez