Dual Battery Mod

That's exactly what Tony told me. I'm wondering if just swapping the birdside internal antenna connections on the 4 stock antennas to create this diagonal configuration might be the simplest and best solution for both video and control at long range...

just Flew my bird, I got it back from Tony for the second time, this is BS!! now RC has no control I fly at 50 feet up I get week signal, calling Tony tomorrow this has to be solved!!!! air side mod does not work as of right now I repeat it does not work!!!!!

just Flew my bird, I got it back from Tony for the second time, this is BS!! now RC has no control I fly at 50 feet up I get week signal, calling Tony tomorrow this has to be solved!!!! air side mod does not work as of right now I repeat it does not work!!!!!
**** that sucks. The bird side seems too immature for market. Nothing is consistent at all.

Really sorry to hear that.

Thanks for the warning!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear that.

Thanks forgot he warning!

I think the bird mods are too advanced for most. If you don't know how to position the antennas you're in a world of hurt.

Tony's job is to provide and install. Not to teach everyone how they are to be used. The Phantom is a "RTF" bird setup and I believe people think that modding the hell out of it will provide you the same RTF functionality.

Imagine taking your car and having them mount twin turbos, and Nitrous. If you don't know how, when and where to use those upgrades you'd think you got screwed too.

I think the more experienced guys on here don't mess with the bird with exception for a slight battery mod to match the battery life with the range of the controller. Not adding a bunch of antennas to get more range than you have batteries to fly.

IMO

I think the bird mods are too advanced for most. If you don't know how to position the antennas you're in a world of hurt.

Tony's job is to provide and install. Not to teach everyone how they are to be used. The Phantom is a "RTF" bird setup and I believe people think that modding the hell out of it will provide you the same RTF functionality.

Imagine taking your car and having them mount twin turbos, and Nitrous. If you don't know how, when and where to use those upgrades you'd think you got screwed too.

I think the more experienced guys on here don't mess with the bird with exception for a slight battery mod to match the battery life with the range of the controller. Not adding a bunch of antennas to get more range than you have batteries to fly.

IMO

totally understand your concept,.. but when you flying the bird 50 feet and have no reception Low signal in the air and you have flown the bird before 8000 feet that's a big difference.... catastrophic difference something is massively wrong at this point smart movies go back to stock antennas on the bird

I just don't understand. I get great range with my DBS mod and stock bird.

If you have 4 miles without all this crap, why pay someone to void all your warranties? If you had the Battery Mod your distance is already greater than your improved battery life right?

Hahaha you said it!!! I am getting over 6.38 miles with a boosted itelite.no mess fits in my case,if I want better signal I think I would try a 3 watt booster in stead...

I'm really looking forward to hearing about your flight test when the Kentucky winds subside!!!

Several questions:
1. Where did you order the hyperions and the sky charger?
2. When is it time to retire a DJI smart battery? Can you post a picture and show "why" the clone didn't split well? I can buy a clone to host and use my oem for splitting. I've got the parts ready, just nervous.
3. I'm still not convinced Hyperion is the way to go. Check this out: 30 Min Long Time Voyage Extra Battery Container Refit Kit For DJI Phantom 3
a1f1bbe58d27440da324f0b74d0eeb41.jpg

Not a chance watch the flite video,366 gr Dji battery plus the extra weight of that contraption down to 1% battery life temp of battery 40.unknown caller has the distance record over 8 miles he uses venom fly hv2300 220gr flite 32 mins..I think I will be ordering some of them to try.venom is on sale 4 for 156.00$$$$$$.

Reactions: Noble 1
Not a chance watch the flite video,366 gr Dji battery plus the extra weight of that contraption down to 1% battery life temp of battery 40.unknown caller has the distance record over 8 miles he uses venom fly hv2300 220gr flite 32 mins..I think I will be ordering some of them to try.venom is on sale 4 for 156.00$$$$$$.

But the Hyperion 4S 2400 LiHV's are only 203gr.

**** I hate to hear that . I'll be test flying mine first thing in the morning after getting mine back for a second time. My expectations are very low.

I asked tony today if they test flew my phantom before sending it back to me and he told me their shop is in a no fly zone. Which is weird because the first time I sent he told me he couldn't get his controller to bind to my phantom and that's why it wasn't test flown . So this time I sent my controller and everything with my phantom so they could test fly it. Seems like common sense to test fly these phantoms before sending them back .

It looks like they have an Authorized US distributor Phantom P3 Power Mod V3 - Midwest Horizon FPV Antennas but the site is a mess... They have the v3 Power Mod listed as the mod to the bird instead of the battery. I tried calling Paul but went to VM. I'd like to know if they can deliver the same mod as the UK store.

Ya I called them about a week ago and left a message about the batt mod and antenna mod. I never got a call back or an e-mail reply.

I asked tony today if they test flew my phantom before sending it back to me and he told me their shop is in a no fly zone. Which is weird because the first time I sent he told me he couldn't get his controller to bind to my phantom and that's why it wasn't test flown . So this time I sent my controller and everything with my phantom so they could test fly it. Seems like common sense to test fly these phantoms before sending them back .
Wow know wonder it dont work. How can you sell long range antennas with no test.?? I have bought a lot of stuff from him over the years, and its been hit or miss for me.

LiHV is a good idea. However, the P3 battery only draws around 10C with maximum peaks to 20-25C. You don't need batteries that draw more - they are heavier and won't be used at all.
Hyperion G6 LiHV batteris exist in 30-60C and are lighter than the Turnigy Bolt. According to my tests, those are the best. They are not available at HobbyKing, but are sold in some webshops in EU and US. Don't buy the 40-80C version, they are heavier.
For LiHV's you need a special charger, such as the SkyRC D100.

FYI the Hyperion G6 LiHV 2400 30-60C only weighs 203 grams, compared to 248 grams for the battery you mentioned. That is a very important difference! I get about 27-29 minutes with 2 of these on my P3 Pro. (very intense flying to 10%)

Is this it?
Hyperion G6 HV 60C Max - 2400mah 4S Lipo

Also where are guys getting the dual battery trays from? Thx.

There is nothing wrong with it, thats perfectly normal. Just fly, signals perfects. Those mods does not work above your head, you need atleast 100m distance between MC and RC.

There is nothing wrong with it, thats perfectly normal. Just fly, signals perfects. Those mods does not work above your head, you need atleast 100m distance between MC and RC.
I just Flew mine for the first time since getting it back from Tony the second time. Everything was perfrct I only went out to 11k ft and had perfect signal the entire trip except on the return when I got about 75 ft away my controller signal went in and out and I had a hard time controlling it for the landing. I didn't have my dual batteries on for this first flight so I'm happy so far. I will attempt a long range flight this afternoon. But it's definitely better than it was before I sent it back this last time. I definitely still need a lot more testing .

I start my p3p and i have full bars for both rc and video, then I fly straight up to 50 to 70 feet up and rc signal lights up red and bars for rc drops to 1 bar.
Thats normal? ...I am afraid of flying outward due to no signal, can you confirm that this is totally normal before I try again thanks Kevin

I start my p3p and i have full bars for both rc and video, then I fly straight up to 50 to 70 feet up and rc signal lights up red and bars for rc drops to 1 bar.
Thats normal? ...I am afraid of flying outward due to no signal, can you confirm that this is totally normal before I try again thanks Kevin

Thats normal for this kit, trust me.

okay I will try again thank you so much for the fast reply

Kevin

Ty not to fly straight up right away. Ideally you should be in a place where it's flat all around you so you can fly further out and flatter (low angle) and not have to climb right away to stay within a direct signal path to the P3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72